• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't have any idea's as to how to fix the glitch you're having but I'll try to contribute with an emblem idea. I found it on the klonoa iso ^^ It looked pretty cool.

highfive

Smash Lord
Well I don't have any idea's as to how to fix the glitch you're having but I'll try to contribute with an emblem idea. I found it on the klonoa iso ^^ It looked pretty cool.

hm.... looks interesting. Mind if I try to do something with this?

Kei_Takaro

Smash Lord
Slightly off-topic, but where can I find the directory for replacing the damage icons like in Starwaffle's video?

Also, just some random thoughts on the moveset, aren't there any "Ring Grabs, then aerial throws enemy downwards?" lol

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Maybe the glitch has something to do with the TransN bone itself. If the TransN bone is a major bone in the body, then it could be moving that part of the body as it moves the whole model. Then again, I might have no idea what I'm talking about, so... ^^;

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
This is also a bit off topic but when I finally got Klonoa's model to show up in brawl without freezing the game (Thanks to shock44's video's), he turned out... Brown... I mean, his clothes are the right color for the most part but his fur and part of his face is brown for some reason. Any clue as to how I fix this? I'd greatly appreciate it ^^'

Edit: I just checked it again and this time he started out all black (Except for his clothes) with no eyes and then after the match progressed, his head turned purple and the screen started flickering with black and white lines across it till I couldn't see anything at all.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
This is also a bit off topic but when I finally got Klonoa's model to show up in brawl without freezing the game (Thanks to shock44's video's), he turned out... Brown... I mean, his clothes are the right color for the most part but his fur and part of his face is brown for some reason. Any clue as to how I fix this? I'd greatly appreciate it ^^'

Edit: I just checked it again and this time he started out all black (Except for his clothes) with no eyes and then after the match progressed, his head turned purple and the screen started flickering with black and white lines across it till I couldn't see anything at all.
Okay I don't know what you did but you don't need to follow my hexing videos anymore. Just use the MDL0hexer exes to hex it for the header and the materials and polygons.

HidanOmega

Smash Cadet
Just another random though about the current problem, sorry if i'm pestering anyone, what if the bone that's causing the problem isn't corresponding correctly with the bones that are suppose to work with it or under it? Like what if say, the bones that are supposed to move with it or respond when a certain command is given to the bone aren't placed correctly, aren't there/not being read, or the bone is connected to the wrong one?

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I'm sorry, I haven't seen any videos of this guy, but are the bone problems occuring in custom animations? If not, then it's probably a bone with the same name as one of Lucas' trying to imitate his animations. Also, if you have any problems with running/walking/sheilding/grabbing etc. ask Snoopy, he's good at that kind of stuff.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay I don't know what you did but you don't need to follow my hexing videos anymore. Just use the MDL0hexer exes to hex it for the header and the materials and polygons.
I think I figured it out, the MDL files didn't come with the P00t_Body texture. So since it isn't there, I think it's just pulling random textures from its surroundings. (The purple was probably from the sasuke texture I had out at the time on the opponent.) Does anybody happen to have the file? Just the texture file I mean.

I tried loading it with a P00t texture as something random but it just went to Klonoa's normal skin minus the eyes and the white parts of his ears.... And his mouth. Any idea's?

Edit: Oh and I did use the automatic exe fixers, I was just watching your video because I wanted to learn more about what I was doing ^^'. That and the fixers didn't exactly show you what to do with the files after you had hexed them properly, nor did Tbrushes tutorial. So thanks for that ^^

highfive

Smash Lord

Got this just messing around in photoshop; I found that all other brawlers had simple logos and thought that the bird/bee thing was sorta odd.

This is what I did with the other in a very sloppy attempt to change it in to a brawl logo. I'm still messing around with it. Not really sure what to do with it really.

lolpacman

Menergy125

Smash Cadet
i know this is a bit off-topic again, i looked under"landscape" in the klonoa iso and saw some .bin files. i looked at them with a hex editor and found mdl and mdl0. i assume that landscape would be the stages. is there any other way to view these files? sorry if this is a bit bothersome. this is frustrating, and i still can't find the textures.

highfive

Smash Lord
If you look at the first post you can see its a pacman symbol thingy
Interesting theory StarWaffle. But if you knew anything about me you'd have realized that I never would have noticed that.... Thanks for pointing it out to me. I feel dumb now.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Interesting theory StarWaffle. But if you knew anything about me you'd have realized that I never would have noticed that.... Thanks for pointing it out to me. I feel dumb now.
you'll also notice today was supose to be the beta release ;-;

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm still on strike cuz hes still glitchy
Saw that. The teleporting glitch is interesting indeed. I saw your video on it.

Has it been suggested that perhaps there was a mess up when inserting the model in to brawl? Such as an extra bone that doesn't mess with game play but with model viewing?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Saw that. The teleporting glitch is interesting indeed. I saw your video on it.

Has it been suggested that perhaps there was a mess up when inserting the model in to brawl? Such as an extra bone that doesn't mess with game play but with model viewing?
I really have no idea, I am just the animator. I am relying on shock to figure it out.

highfive

Smash Lord
Hm... Odd.... Either way good luck with Klonoa. Klonoa and Dr. Mario are my two favorite PSAs at the moment.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I wish you luck as well. I can't even get his eyes to show up ^^' That and shock never replied to my pm after I got msn like he wanted T.T.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I wish you luck as well. I can't even get his eyes to show up ^^' That and shock never replied to my pm after I got msn like he wanted T.T.
Sorry, I assumed that you would show up on MSN eventually after I added you. If you want I can pm you my MSN.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, I assumed that you would show up on MSN eventually after I added you. If you want I can pm you my MSN.
S'okay, I kinda figured that maybe you just had a lot going on or something. But yeah, that'd be great, I normally don't leave msn up on my computer ^^'.

Edit: Oh and if the other name doesn't work, It might be the same thing but @aol.com
I'm not quite sure how msn works.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
I was doin some stuff with some other character, and that glitch occured as well. It happened because of both the transN bone and HipN bone. i fixed it by moving the TransN bone and HipN bone to bones that do nothing(including moving indexes of course). As in, if you go into BrawlBox, and you click on the bone, change the translation z(or x or y) to something like 25, the bone moves forward but it doesnt move the model in anyway. And it worked with one bone, even if it was branched off of a another bone, but it would be best that the bone isn't branched off of another bone(meaning if you change the translation of that bone, it wont move the branched one forward.) Unless it's something big like w/e the models topN is called. Then that's okay.

It would be kinda difficult to animate movements using a bone that doesn't actually move the model forward in the previewer, but you could use another bone until the animations is finished, and then open the animation in bb(not in previewer) and change the name of the bone to TransN.

Also, there was no other Brawl Bone. (like TopN or XrotN or YRotN). Those f'd it up.

If you're gonna actually try this, I suggest doing it on a freshly ripped Klonoa. to avoid index problems.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I was doin some stuff with some other character, and that glitch occured as well. It happened because of both the transN bone and HipN bone. i fixed it by moving the TransN bone and HipN bone to bones that do nothing(including moving indexes of course). As in, if you go into BrawlBox, and you click on the bone, change the translation z(or x or y) to something like 25, the bone moves forward but it doesnt move the model in anyway. And it worked with one bone, even if it was branched off of a another bone, but it would be best that the bone isn't branched off of another bone(meaning if you change the translation of that bone, it wont move the branched one forward.) Unless it's something big like w/e the models topN is called. Then that's okay.

It would be kinda difficult to animate movements using a bone that doesn't actually move the model forward in the previewer, but you could use another bone until the animations is finished, and then open the animation in bb(not in previewer) and change the name of the bone to TransN.

Also, there was no other Brawl Bone. (like TopN or XrotN or YRotN). Those f'd it up.

If you're gonna actually try this, I suggest doing it on a freshly ripped Klonoa. to avoid index problems.
Very interesting. So what I should try is adding a new bone to Klonoa that doesn't do anything and make it HipN and then change the previous HipN that actually controls his hips to be named hips again. So that way we won't have any problems. I already have his TopN as the first bone which controls his whole model and his TransN is set to a bone of his that doesnt do anything and its the same for his ThrowN. Question, do you know much about adding new bones and making them work in place of other bones? Like if I added a new bone to klonoa and had it renamed to HipN and indexed it to the right index for HipN would it fix the stretching problem and use the HipN bone so that he can move right with no glitches?

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting. So what I should try is adding a new bone to Klonoa that doesn't do anything and make it HipN and then change the previous HipN that actually controls his hips to be named hips again. So that way we won't have any problems. I already have his TopN as the first bone which controls his whole model and his TransN is set to a bone of his that doesnt do anything and its the same for his ThrowN. Question, do you know much about adding new bones and making them work in place of other bones? Like if I added a new bone to klonoa and had it renamed to HipN and indexed it to the right index for HipN would it fix the stretching problem and use the HipN bone so that he can move right with no glitches?
If u can change the index of that new bone, it should fix it.

If it still doesnt, try renaming the TopN bone.

Salezander

Smash Rookie
i don't care what the problems are i can deal with them, when is the beta going to be here?

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Update: Okay so far all we've gotten done is some good animations and I've been working on trying to fix the bones and make Klonoa not look weird when he moves. I've done many tests and what I have found is that Klonoa can work to where he doesn't have that many messed up stuff, BUT whenever he runs or starts to fall his body stretches and it looks weird. I'm getting tired of encoutering these weird glitches and I have figured out that the reason that he stretches is because of his bone that controls a main part of his body doesn't like being changed to a different index. Ya see the bone has the index of 2 and the thing is is that Lucas' TransN bone is index 2 and I can't have two bones with the same index. So I tried changing the bone that was at index 2 to different indexes and this produced strange results. If the bone is set to anything lower than 2 then Klonoa's head randomly gets bigger and then goes back to regular size at random points, if the bone is set to anything higher than 2 then Klonoa gets that stretching problem with his neck that I stated earlier. Then I tried treating that bone that was at index 2 to be like TransN, but the bone doesn't control Klonoa's whole body, it just controls his neck area, so it won't work as his TransN bone without stretching his neck area weirdly. So I can't make a different bone TransN and I can't make the bone that is set at index 2 to be TransN without messing his neck area up. And I have to have a bone that either moves his whole body or moves no part of his body to be set to whatever is the index of TransN of the character I'm replacing. So since Lucas' TransN is index 2 and Klonoa's neck area is controled by a bone that is at index 2 and screws up if its not at index 2 then I can't use Lucas.

So with that explaination out of the way we need to think of a different character that Klonoa can replace that isn't Lucas. It has to be a character that doesn't have their TransN bone's index set to anything lower than 5. So the TransN bone must be either 5 or higher in order for Klonoa to work on the character. StarWaffle was thinking of Mario, his bone index is 7. I was thinking of Luigi, his bone index is 6. Anybody got any suggestions on who we can replace for Klonoa other than Lucas? I'll take suggestions and then check what their TransN bone's index is for that character and I'll tell you whether we can use that character or not.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Either character sounds fine to me.

Phantom Wings showed nice progress on that new character engine, at least we know its possible.

Hope those problems go away with the change.

Top Bottom