• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

mariodk

Smash Ace
talk to DivineOverlord and see if he is willing to help.

that's my suggestion
too bad DivineOverlord dont have time i think
i am still waiting for his help with my mario´s FS after afew weeks
about two weeks from he said he know how to make it 100% like i wanted
and about one week since he said it working with afew minor bugs(that also the reason for i dont have uploaded SMBZ mario yet but i will today no fixed FS or fixed FS)
but back to on-Topic:

Special tab in PSA is one of the most easy things (if not make something like Sonic´s FS without transforms over Mario)

the first thing i learned in PSA was Special tab ;D since the only things that mainly needed to be fixed on SHadow over DK. was Special tab
but i still have alot to learn about it i can maybe help after SMBZ mario/kid buu (but only maybe)
since i using this import (until Gotenks joins SSBB)

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Fixed the up-special

- Now uses modded pitfall instead of mr saturn
- Over special completely revamped
- New backward double jump
- Third jump removed
- Wind bullet looks fairly awesome
- New release just about ready

Enjoy the new release guys =3 Uploaded and ready to go

Also: We're also looking for someone who can do the Kirby hat PSA. It'd be much appreciated if anybody had information on that or were willing to help.

SonicTheHedgehog02

Smash Journeyman
so..I dont mean to come in a talk stuff, but if anyone can animate, I need animators for my amy project!

oh, adn frosty, sorry agian that I cant PSA.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Lol is fine mr Sonic, what needs animating exactly? I'm a bit busy with two other projects as well as this one.

the PSA is great, until the end of the match. the screen goes black and the game freezes...

what's wrong with this picture?
That's odd, a few other people are having the same problem (I don't) which loader are you using? Riivolution or Gecko?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Neogamma...

my disc died a while back... so if it counts as gecko, i guess it's that.
That's probably what it is then since I use Riivolution and it doesn't happen to me. Just don't use the stuff we made for the info file (Or dont use it at all idk which) and it should be fine. Otherwise just try not to use anything except for Klonoa's model data, psa, animations, and the pitfall and see if that fixes it. If you could post your results that'd be helpful as well.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys. Just dropping in to let you know I'm really glad you got the new version of the hack done. I'm sorry that I won't be able to make a cool video about it until Sunday or Monday because I'm on vacation right now visiting some relatives. I can still post on here and check stuff though.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Sorry to say, but a few issues you missed.

The pac files. NEVER. EVER. Save a pcs file as a pac in BrawlBox or it'll screw up the file by compressing it and causing the game to freeze. Just use extractlz77 to convert the pcs files and they'll be the right size.

Also, that freezing at the result screen has nothing to do with info2.pac, as that file is only associated with music titles and in game names and icons. Nothing inside of it affects the result screen.

I decided to make my own name for Klonoa and use it in my already custom info.pac and it froze. I decided to try playing without using info.pac at all just to test if he would work, and he STILL froze the game at the result screen.

Whatever the problem is, it's in the PSA.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Sorry to say, but a few issues you missed.

The pac files. NEVER. EVER. Save a pcs file as a pac in BrawlBox or it'll screw up the file by compressing it and causing the game to freeze. Just use extractlz77 to convert the pcs files and they'll be the right size.

Also, that freezing at the result screen has nothing to do with info2.pac, as that file is only associated with music titles and in game names and icons. Nothing inside of it affects the result screen.

I decided to make my own name for Klonoa and use it in my already custom info.pac and it froze. I decided to try playing without using info.pac at all just to test if he would work, and he STILL froze the game at the result screen.

Whatever the problem is, it's in the PSA.
but it works for me. >.< i used the excat same stuff from the download and no freezing occured for me, i just didnt use and of the provided info/system folders.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
I'm not having that problem either =/
I'll go through and polish the PSA once Klonoa's nearing completion or at least has his major glitches finished. (Not saying that I'd even know what to look for in fixing this though. My knowledge is limited but I'll try)

In other news though, before the next release I'm going to attempt to make him grab with a wind-bullet shoot and if I can figure it out, and then I'm also going to try and allow him to walk around while carrying his opponent like DK to stay true to the Original Klonoa game.

Also, if we can get a decent vertexed hammer I plan on revamping the down-special. It'll be kind of like King Dedede's charged hammer except it won't be charged and it'll have lag before it strikes. Think of it as an arced falcon punch.

I do believe the hammer is from Klonoa Heroes.

Xaranid

Smash Apprentice
Hey, silly question here. How do I set up the Pitfall item to work for the Up B move? I created a "Pitfall" folder under "Items" and placed both of the pitfall files, but there was no effect. Do I need to do something in Brawlbox?

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
all the items are found in common_3.pac i think. open it up in brawlbox and replace the pitfall under the itembrres and save it toooo pf->system->common3

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
We've been making quite a bit of progress on Klonoa recently like beyondyou fixing the lighting glitch, I think it was Snoopy who fixed the throw glitch so now Klonoa doesnt splash other characters into the screen and Ronald seems to have fixed that doing the same thing to Klonoa himself. I've been PSAing as well with tweaks and making Klonoas neutral B less useless and Stars been getting a few terrible animations out of the way for better ones.

Currently we have an issue though. When Klonoa grabs with his wind-bullet, the entire animation for the grab has to go through before he'll switch to holding his opponent reguardless of if the hitboxes connect or not. The catch's completely ignore if hitbox connects and if character is in grab statements in the code and the only other way of fixing this is if we make it work just like it used to with Lucas. But for that we need to somehow move the snake article from Klonoas head to the same bone as the wind bullet. Theres nothing for it in the PSA so it must be in the article itself where it attaches to Lucas and we need help badly, if anybody knows how to fix this it would be greatly appreciated ^^'

Torpid

Smash Rookie
hey guys, I first must thank you a bunch for taking the time to put Klonoa into Brawl. It's been almost 2 years since I learned of his existence and now I see people are putting him into other games. Thanks a ton.

I've been following this thread for some time now and it is very neat to play as Klonoa; especially the first time against my friends who didn't know Brawl was mod-able in the first place :awesome: The recent Klonoa release is causing me some confusion. I've searched and searched for the appropriate file pathing to apply the custom portrait but I'm really not finding it... (I have as of 11 days ago converted to riivolution since it was implied as the preferred application to use.)

I currently have the texture in the appropriate path brawlmods/textures/fighter/lucas
but I am dumbfounded as to where Info, info2, Menu, Music and Pictures go. I have a guide bookmarked which I think explains how to apply custom CSS portraits...was the recent release already fitted with the CSS customization? or do i need to follow the guide?

Thanks so much for the help and great work on making a dream come true (couldn't help myself; pun was too easy)

Hey guys. Made an account just for this thread.
Wanted to say keep up the good work, it's awesome to see this much time and detail go into a single character. I think Shadow is the only other character I've seen so much go into so far, and even then it wasn't as complete as this. Good stuff.

I do have a few questions though.
Do I need to bother with the info, info2, and menu folders in Pictures, or can I ignore them and add the pictures manually? (Also there's a random MiscData[25] file. Ignore this as well?)
And what exactly do I do with STGFINAL Klonoa.pac?

*Edit*
Found that the info2 file made the game freeze after the loading screen, and the MiscData file held alt. character portraits.
Still not sure what to do with the STGFinal file though. Do I rename it and replace the Final Destination map file?

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
You don't really need anything except the fitlucas files for Klonoa to work really. And as far as the Klonoa Stgfinal goes yeah you can just rename it and put it over final destination.

Though its also recommended that you put the pitfall in the common3.pac as to keep the up-special from being too cheap.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Actually we're planning on giving him Olimars, Jigglypuffs, or possibly Metagays... Just cause we can... And for no other real reason...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I've stopped working on it. Too many glitches can happen with this model import =[ However I'd be willing to start over using the new model import method, maybe.

Torpid

Smash Rookie
well, thanks for the effort and the time expended; also for the reply :). while this project may not be finished, perhaps Klonoa will make an appearance in Playstation All Stars Battle Royal *cross fingers*

Top Bottom