• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm still on the project. I just haven't gotten around to getting the Moo to work with the new Up special. I'll try to get to it soon.

Fen__

Smash Ace
Awesome. It's nice to see the old faces and know that it's still actively being worked on. Keep up the good work, guys!

Also, best of luck with your computer, StarWaffle :p. Might want to check up on it if it's been a month, though, haha.

kenonerboy

Smash Rookie
hey ehm for fixing the streching problem chance the translation in brawlbox
from edit to model default then it should work

keno was here

BlueSmasher10

Smash Rookie
This project has to be the best in my in the smashboards to me , The textures are really good and i just love it!
By the way im willing to join your team, Do you have anybody doing CSPS , Portrait Or Font Type?

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I can help with animating if you guys want. I have the ISO. This is my favourite project ever so it would be awesome if you let my help. Also, I re-did the css names and battle name for you guys if you are interested. http://www.mediafire.com/?gjdlrrv9sbr3rt9
Please let me help because I really want to see this get finished.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Please tell me things are going well, because this project is moving REALLY slowly, and I'm not sure I can wait any longer for a beta AT LEAST to be released. Klonoa's state at the moment looks like it can be beta'd, even though it still has bugs. Please re-think this.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Please tell me things are going well, because this project is moving REALLY slowly, and I'm not sure I can wait any longer for a beta AT LEAST to be released. Klonoa's state at the moment looks like it can be beta'd, even though it still has bugs. Please re-think this.
I think it's enough to be beta'd personally, but it's ultimately up to shock. I think he said that we at least needed all the damage animations done but I don't remember too well...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
hey guess what, i'm in the hospital for 2 weeks! that means i am bed riden for 14 dayssssss. i wonder how many brawl hacks i can do in 14 days =]

although atm i just have my netbook so i cant do poop til i get a lappy.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I'll accept any help at this moment since we don't have that many people working on PSA(if you didn't know I don't know PSA very well and HidanOmega keeps getting busy) and the people who are animating probably aren't working as fast as I would like, no offense to you animators we have but just saying that you're going kind of slow. We already have CSPs and different textures and the names are all there. If anyone wants to make new textures or CSPs then I can give you the current model as long as you don't release it over Lucas with like no animations.

The main reason I am not releasing the Klonoa version we have right now is because I want it to be like the good character PSAs that came out like Zero and Geno, the ones that had pretty much everything different to make the character nothing like the one it's over. Not like the characters you see on brawl vault sometimes like the Knuckles early beta that has weirdo animations and nothing seems very polished, I just don't want the hack to feel unfinished when people get it because that's how I feel when I get something off brawl vault that looks cool but isn't finished yet.

So until all the animations are done and all the attacks are at least different I won't be releasing it. But when I do if any of you guys don't like the way we did some attacks or something you can fill free to change it BUT be SURE to give me, HidanOmega, Starwaffle, Emeril, Frostymm, and whoever else might help with this hack credit for making it possible. I hope we can get this done soon and that everyone who is waiting can be patient. Thank you.

Can any more pics or videos be shown to show current progress? :)
Yes I will try to show some progress video or pics when I can.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
How many animations are left? I would help if I knew what program people use to actually animate the characters.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
How many animations are left? I would help if I knew what program people use to actually animate the characters.
I would say there's several animations left. The program that everyone uses to make animations for brawl character hacks is brawlbox.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Oh yeah, I never noticed that until yesterday, shock. I started animating for my Isaac project, and it turns out I can animate pretty well. I have already made a few custom animations for Isaac. My Isaac project is also my first Fully Custom Made character/PSA hack.

n64billy

Smash Ace
A 360 Occlusion Render, just for the lolz....
(I accidentally rendered out with an Alpha Channel... :\)

Also... I don't know how to finish the rest of the animation for his forward tilt... Should he just stand normally again, or finish a complete spin...?
(These are Maya Renders by the way... not Brawlbox..)

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
I don't think he should spin, I think he should just draw his leg back. Nice animations by the way! cI^_^

Is there any way I can help with the animations, shock44?

n64billy

Smash Ace
I don't think he should spin, I think he should just draw his leg back. Nice animations by the way! cI^_^
Thanks. I don't know about what to do to finish the animation... but yea...

Is there any way I can help with the animations, shock44?
Are you sure you wanna help? :laugh:
It took me 2 and a half hours to do those 11 frames... In Maya, the program I've been trained with all year.... (I'm going to try and just write in the keyframes into Brawlbox once I get a good animation)

He has 4 bones per ear, 2 bones for each leg on his pants, 5 bones per leg, fingers have 3 joints each, he has full eye lid and eyeball movement control, and two joints for his neck/head...

That's just 60 bones to animate, for the basics.... :laugh:

EDIT: Whoops.. forgot about the tail, the ring, his hair, and then the TransN bones and stuff :p

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Well, I'm already skilled from the little experience I've had with BrawlBox. It honestly just depends on the kind of animation. If it's just a non-attack animation, It'll be a breeze for me to make. If it's a small attacks, that'd also be easy.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
those are the sexiest 11 frames i have ever seen o.o

i think he should do a spin =]

n64billy

Smash Ace
those are the sexiest 11 frames i have ever seen o.o

i think he should do a spin =]
Then a spin he shall do boss!
I'll finish the rest of the animations when I get home tonight... then try putting it into BrawlBox and see how it goes...

EDIT: By the way, I can get you HD Renders of Klonoa in any animation I make... it'd just take AGES for my laptop to render it all :p

Also, If making animations in Maya, then importing them to BrawlBox works, I'll properly rig Klonoa, so that I can animate him doing a move in a matter of minutes, instead of hours...

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Someone else was doing something like that once. I think you'd have to manually copy the translations over and let Brawl(Box)'s keyframes do the rest, but it's still probably a lot easier than animating in Brawlbox

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
alrighty, ive spent enough time on vertexs, time to move on to klonoa! you have inspired me =D

n64billy

Smash Ace
Someone else was doing something like that once. I think you'd have to manually copy the translations over and let Brawl(Box)'s keyframes do the rest, but it's still probably a lot easier than animating in Brawlbox
Yea, that was my first thoughts... WAYYYYYYYYYYY easier than BrawlBox animation!

alrighty, ive spent enough time on vertexs, time to move on to klonoa! you have inspired me =D
Good to hear :)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
is it really easier to animate in maya? maybe if it works for that kick i could start doing it that way =o

or i could just d/l it so i can manually enter all the keyframes for ya =D

n64billy

Smash Ace
is it really easier to animate in maya? maybe if it works for that kick i could start doing it that way =o

or i could just d/l it so i can manually enter all the keyframes for ya =D
Unless you already have Maya, there's not point telling you the frame keys, cause it'd be just as fast to enter them myself... I don't like how I finished it up though... the spin looks terribly choppy... so unless I rig it and then animate it, It's hard to make him turn...

If I can't do that, just a kick without turning is what he'll have to do...

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
=o so itll be like mario?

and thats what i meant, like you animate, send it to me, then i enter in the keyframes. Cuz that part might be annoying.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Well I just caught myself up in the recent posts and I still dunno what's going on ^^' I thought I was the only one doing animations for this. Which ones are being done so I know which ones I don't need to do? (Dunno If I got this right but if you're trying to do the forward tilt, it's already been done XD The one I made was a dropkick kind of like Olimars.)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
wanna send me all your animations frostymm, I am currently just re-doing all of my animations because they messed up somehow.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
i dont have skype for ahilw, so if you could send them to me on here that would be great :x

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
During the video, you should've asked if there was anyone who could help with the grabbing glitch (Although I'm sure you've already tried to fix it and it's probably a bone indexing thing). Even though I've made the animation for waiting while he's been grabbed, he still constantly glitches back and forth, not to mention when he's thrown straight down, he merges with the screen =/

Top Bottom