• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

.:Project Klonoa::..Pretty much dead:::.....

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'm pretty sure it'd be light in BrawlBox with the default texture too. Many import models look strange in Brawl due to their material settings or something, but they look fine in BrawlBox usually. My ServToad (which I totally forgot about, lol) was like that.

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure it'd be light in BrawlBox with the default texture too. Many import models look strange in Brawl due to their material settings or something, but they look fine in BrawlBox usually. My ServToad (which I totally forgot about, lol) was like that.
Why must you always ruin my hapiness :(. Anyway weither it can be lightend or not it will still rule

shock44

Smash Journeyman
I took some in game pics of the texture. Looks pretty sweet. If only we could fix the bad lighting on certain stages.

Ronaldmcdonald

Smash Apprentice
I think I can fix the problems with the textures. I will try when you send me the files :) (shock44)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Can you make the textures bigger just by inserting a bigger one into the file?

oh wow, i didnt even know that was possible, i tried it with the pants and it didnt make much of a difference but i made a more detailed eye!

MooseEatsBear

Smash Journeyman
I played against Klonoa a few days ago with Frosty. It seems to be coming along REALLY well. We didn't try many characters, but getting grabbed by Toon Link and Snake really seemed not to work.... Also Snake's d-throw messes up the game a bit, but really, for a completely custom character, keep up the great work.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
This is the greatest project for a new imported character yet! Seeing recent progress, it looks amazing! The new texture looks nice also. =D

Another thing, I didn't know you could insert a larger-scaled texture in Brawl. If I had known that, my textures could be a lot finer and HD.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
well after trying to start up brawl with that large image, i found out it dosnt work =[

i mean it still looks a little better but it would have been nicer larger.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
Yeah that's because the dimensions were wrong. The dimensions on each side have to be powers of two. 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, etc. Otherwise it won't work properly.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I tried 512x512 and it didnt work, the file size got too big and wouldnt allow it in game and went beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the new texture looks finer. =)

Oh another thing, are you going to keep Lucas' voice clips in? Because honestly, I think his voice fits Klonoa's VERY well (Better than the English voice for Klonoa in the Wii version).
And another question: If you imported Klonoa's other model costumes from Klonoa Wii, would you have to set the bones all over again, or would they already be a good one-slot?

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
I'd assume that they all use the same animations in Klonoa Wii, so it should be fine if you used different models as different costumes in Brawl.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Yeah the new texture looks finer. =)

Oh another thing, are you going to keep Lucas' voice clips in? Because honestly, I think his voice fits Klonoa's VERY well (Better than the English voice for Klonoa in the Wii version).
And another question: If you imported Klonoa's other model costumes from Klonoa Wii, would you have to set the bones all over again, or would they already be a good one-slot?
No, we're definitely making new voices for Klonoa. But we're going to be using his phantomile speak, not english. We're trying to do the rest of the costumes as well but I'm not sure if Shock has even tried another one with the same indexes and animations as this one. It should probably work but it's not high priority to check at the moment.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Sound editing is VERY time consuming. Are you sure you guys are up to hours of replacing Lucas's voice files?

Anyways I probably wouldn't download that sound edit, because I already have an edited .bsrar with a Ryan Drummond replaced Sonic and an edited announcer sound for "Mewtwo", so I don't think you would edit off of that, and since you can't merge files, you know what happens.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm sure there's some way to combine multiple edited smashbros_sound.brsar files by comparing their differences to the original. You know, someone should make a program to do that.

highfive

Smash Lord
I'm sure there's some way to combine multiple edited smashbros_sound.brsar files by comparing their differences to the original. You know, someone should make a program to do that.
That'd be cool. Except for the fact that the frequency (I believe... Or was it length?) has to be the same as the original file or it will just crash. Or did someone fix that? I haven't been on the boards in a while.

Fen__

Smash Ace
That'd be cool. Except for the fact that the frequency (I believe... Or was it length?) has to be the same as the original file or it will just crash. Or did someone fix that? I haven't been on the boards in a while.
Definitely length. Frequency is pitch. If you matched frequency throughout the file, you'd necessary end up with an identical file except timbres.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
Did you guys fix the Up-Special attack yet? You could try importing the Moo model then replacing the model of the PK Thunder one. If you cannot do that as of now, you can just remove the PK Thunder effect for now and give Klonoa more height.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Did you guys fix the Up-Special attack yet? You could try importing the Moo model then replacing the model of the PK Thunder one. If you cannot do that as of now, you can just remove the PK Thunder effect for now and give Klonoa more height.
We've been able to import a Moo, but it looked really bad so we were looking for other ways to put it into his Up-special. The only real problem we were having before the PSA development stopped was that we were trying to find a way for him to throw the moo to the ground properly. The animation's already done for it if that helps any. We're still trying to decide what we're going to do with it. The up-special is a bit complicated.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
We've been able to import a Moo, but it looked really bad so we were looking for other ways to put it into his Up-special. The only real problem we were having before the PSA development stopped was that we were trying to find a way for him to throw the moo to the ground properly. The animation's already done for it if that helps any. We're still trying to decide what we're going to do with it. The up-special is a bit complicated.
Oh darn. You can leave it there once you release the beta if you can't finish it fast enough; no one will probably care.

[EDIT] Oh and I originally made these just for my pleasure, but out of generosity I'll share it for anyone who wants these CSPs.

TEAM COLAHZ!!! :D:D:D:D lol

GeminiCrossFade

Smash Ace
Oh darn. You can leave it there once you release the beta if you can't finish it fast enough; no one will probably care.

[EDIT] Oh and I originally made these just for my pleasure, but out of generosity I'll share it for anyone who wants these CSPs.

TEAM COLAHZ!!! :D:D:D:D lol

I really need to find out how to get that CSS working for me... If anyone has the correct codes for it then please share them with me.

dirtboy345

Smash Ace
wow i don't want to sound like a noob asking for a beta but i think with a couple more things that it has to be close right? it looks really good

Dirnt

Smash Rookie
wow i don't want to sound like a noob asking for a beta but i think with a couple more things that it has to be close right? it looks really good
By what I saw from the video, it looks like all they need to do is work on the up B.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
By what I saw from the video, it looks like all they need to do is work on the up B.

And Dair, but i just made dair so nvm.

We also need to do all the damage animations, Landing animations, ledge (catch jump roll attack) animations, wait2 and 3, grab/throw animations. theres quite a bit left.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
To be honest, I think he should be leaning over when he runs, but the current animation looks a bit stiff.... if that isn't a problem to you guys.
And the rest of animations don't seem like a problem. Fairly easy; nothing too hard.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
all fo the animations feel quick. like, not naturally flowing or paced. they all look beautiful, they probably just need to be longer/have more end frames.

Maverick-Pro

Smash Apprentice
all fo the animations feel quick. like, not naturally flowing or paced. they all look beautiful, they probably just need to be longer/have more end frames.
Yes, I agree. Take for example the Ring Sword attack animation seems too fast, and doesn't show the significance and strength that the attack can handle.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I agree that some of the attacks are stiff/too fast

Dtilt, Ftilt, Dash Attack, AAA are going to be changed. The running is definantly going to be changed. All the other A attacks seem fine to me acept maybe Usmash because it dosnt really look like hes attacking.

I'm not too sure about the side-b, maybe we'll make it look like he is making two powerfull slashes instead of waving it in front of him, but i rather liked that animation.

That video is already out dated because weve made new animations since =] so we are working very hard and quickly to get a beta out, remember it will olnly be a BETA so evrything can change.

Dirnt

Smash Rookie
I'm not too sure about the side-b, maybe we'll make it look like he is making two powerfull slashes instead of waving it in front of him, but i rather liked that animation.
I like the sword waving animation too. I say you should keep it. But if ya wanna change it, that's cool too.

frostymm

Smash Journeyman
Okay well shock asked me to post my findings so here they are.

Recently, Starwaffle found some nifty (But kind of disfigured) animations from the Klonoa iso and one of them I managed to pull together into his ThrowLw animation (Down throw). But for some reason whenever you use it in-game, the other character gets stuck in Klonoa's waist.

Findings:

- Character being thrown completely ignores the ThrowN bone animation
- When I try to grapple again while they're stuck Lucas' snake pops out and it appears that the character is stuck to the end of the snake which for some reason is also connected to the left pants-leg
- The undone animations for the other throws still manage to at least launch them but this animation doesn't.
- Mario doesn't make a very good belt.

If anyone might know what the problem is and how to fix it, that'd be really great to know. I think either Shock or Starwaffle might be able to get a screen cap of it later.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
lol it probably has to do with the **** snake :\ i'll make a video or take some pics tmrw =]

also shock do this

I know how to fix the stretching glitch.

in PSA, go to "thrownHi" "thrownB" ect (the actions then you get thrown)
open animations flags.
make sure you UNCHECK the 2 "unknown" boxes that are already checked
save and test to throw.

success!

this method helped me with dusknoir, he stretched all over the screen then been thrown.
it DOESN'T fix the freeze while grabbing! :urg:

AceSe3don

Smash Ace
StarWaffle where are you from the full new char archive?
I have an awesome project of three characters, and I have an idea of a codeset that could help.

Top Bottom