• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M @ Genesis 2 results

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
no Link people? :(

still, im glad that JC used him in MMs at least xD
congrats to Kage and keep up the good work dev team people ;)

P:M luv ~<3

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Mannnn, I didn't know you guys didn't have a recording setup. We could've used mine. It was set up on a melee tv all day but never actually used

Divinokage

Smash Legend
If you guys want to get ready for tournaments in P:M, just play melee.. it's almost the exact same. Unless you really want to play a character from Brawl, well that's another story. =P Ganon is just ridiculous in P:M, having more options is fun.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
For the record I went Fox vs GK Infinity game 2, and Trahh Games 2 and 3. :p

@Soldner: I played HELLA Link and Toon (young :p) Link in friendlies.

Also to expand on what Kage said, Thrusday/'Friday/Saturday I had been very sloppy with my technical skill, very slow, messing up easy stuff, etc. I played a few hours of P:M with KOF and Bad Guy, and my technical skill became **** status in Melee again. There are some things in P:M that are different or noticeably harder for various reasons but if you play a Melee character the skills are transferable.

Best part of the day:

Rkey: "Get ready to play the best Ike in the world!"
Rubyiris: *4-stocks with Link, gets 3-stocked immediately afterward by the next person in the rotation.*

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Not for nothing, but are the results for the rest of the events at Genesis going to be posted anytime soon...?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Mannnn, I didn't know you guys didn't have a recording setup. We could've used mine. It was set up on a melee tv all day but never actually used
Ahh that would've been nice. I was kind of in over my head trying to run the thing and get everyone together for matches so I didn't have time to see if there was another one we could've used.

Who did you use in P:M btw? I thought either you or Geno used Sheik but I couldn't remember which.

also im the guy that helped run the brackets when i noticed that jcaesar was busy in a match and people were wondering who they were going to play next or wanted to report a match.
Thanks man, it was a big help. At East Coast tourneys I usually have my whole crew there to help me but it was just me (and Strong Bad kinda) this time.

Wow, 0 Bowsers.
BadGuy had to leave but he definitely would've gotten top 5 with Bowser if he could've entered (well, unless he ran into all the **** Falcos, and there were a lot haha).

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The front desk called for you several times. I had to move the tournament along. If you had come to me I would've given you your money back.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
It's really cool to see great Melee players battling great Brawl players.

And Melee players winning. :awesome:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
gkinfinity gets 9th at like every tournament he goes to. whether it's a 30-man tourny with high level competition or a 15-man local, he gets 9th.

we were joking that he would get 9th at genesis in melee, but he didn't enter. he randomly entered project M without expecting to do well and he got 9th.

BRLNK88

Smash Ace
I was actually half hoping Armada and Hbox would enter PM, and we'd get to see Hbox use Jiggs and Armada use Toon Link!!
:D

Metà

Smash Master
oh sh*t lol i didn't hear that. my bad. sorry about that, you guys are cool, i take back what i said. it was kinda hard to hear over all the melee hype though, i was in the crowd watching the projector and screaming my *** off. and yeah ruby i did go to the brawl side a few times... to buy pizza

thanks for giving me a refund strong bad. did we ever get to play melee? i shoulda stayed later in that room with you and connor and arc on sunday. it was really fun talking frame data with you though. you really know stuff about this game! : D

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Well.. This was fun.. let's do it again! =P It would be cool to see different top players play this. I did talk to other top players and they say maybe I should of joined and won instead. Maybe, my win sparked more interest and it made some people a little salty. lol. I have nothing but good things to say and have said about the game. So, ya just hope... =P

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
Aw man, if i attended, there would be a bowser in those brackets, T_T.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

****in olive garden
lol why the heck would you guys go eat olive garden [a somewhat fancy restaraunt that takes timeeeee] during genesis!? coulda ate some grocery food for a 10th of the price, in like 5 minutes!

Rkey

Smash Journeyman
Rkey: "Get ready to play the best Ike in the world!"
Rubyiris: *4-stocks with Link, gets 3-stocked immediately afterward by the next person in the rotation.*
Turns out the best Ike is not that great... YET!

Massive

Smash Champion
I'm really not surprised Kage won this.

Gannon is in S tier by himself in project M every time I've played it.
No other character even comes close.

Stevo

Smash Champion
All the melee characters should do well at first, considering most people know how to play them well already.

Only PMBR members should be able to do really well with the brawl characters, as there is more learning to do there.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
All the melee characters should do well at first, considering most people know how to play them well already.

Only PMBR members should be able to do really well with the brawl characters, as there is more learning to do there.
That's pretty much how it's been panning out at tourneys, yeah. I was actually really impressed by Gunblade's performance with Zelda here. He's really the first non-PMBR person to do that well with a "new" character in any of the larger P:M side events we've held. Props to CrYos with Squirtle as well. Just shows how solidly these characters are built that someone can pick them up in a weekend and compete with high-level Melee players using established top tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom