• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M is recruiting...

LLDL

Smash Hero
the shine looks so whack in brawl. Anyway, how is it melee related. Its like making a brawl + topic in the melee section.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Makin' hype son. This will be melee, not Brawl.

-DD

LLDL

Smash Hero
Ah I see. I wonder how faithfully you guys will be able to match it.

Zodiac

Smash Master
the shine looks so whack in brawl. Anyway, how is it melee related. Its like making a brawl + topic in the melee section.
Project m is not brawl plus, its made to be like melee as much as possible with some new added techniques, and as far as I can tell they down plan on nerfing anyone, buffing some low tiers maybe. But anyway this IS melee related because the goal of the project is make it melee 2.0, and the biggest advantage I can see in this is being able to play something very much like melee online.

I know that dolphin emulators are capable of running melee online buts its a pain to get it going and even a further pain to have a computer/connection capable of running melee without any lag online.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah I see. I wonder how faithfully you guys will be able to match it.
we have like, 6 people with melee running on Dolphin in Frame by Frame to get the data for everything. We're balancing it out by keeping any non-game-changing buffs from Brawl or Brawl+. Like Kirby. Hes not going to suck so hard.

Wow that looks crazy. Not tourney legal. But very fun to play
>_> Anything is tournament legal, with the right TO or demand.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
we have like, 6 people with melee running on Dolphin in Frame by Frame to get the data for everything. We're balancing it out by keeping any non-game-changing buffs from Brawl or Brawl+. Like Kirby. Hes not going to suck so hard.

>_> Anything is tournament legal, with the right TO or demand.
Extremely, extremely impressive to you and your team. It looks like it's gonna be a lot of fun(Though from the looks of it falco seems a little OP, like those combos are too easy, idk, we'll see). I know that there's a thread for this already but is this gonna run the same way brawl+ does? through stage builder.

One thing i seemed iffy about are the character size to stage size ratio. either the characters are too big or the stage is too small. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I mean, just contributing my opinion. Everything else seems legit =)

Just don't let the game be too **** floaty. I feel that's another major thing I couldn't stand about Brawl+ when comparing to melee. The physics just felt off. Everyone needs to feel MUCH heavier than before. OR SOMETHING IDK.

Whats the exp date for this? or atleas tthe beta.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
We want Game and Watch!!! CLAP! CLAP! CL!! CL!! CLAP!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE VIDEO AGAIN.
---------
I won't forget Melee; mother.

Pi

Smash Hero
While I'm not sure how worthwhile re-making melee in brawl would be
I'm not going to discourage you from doing it

I think in theory, it could be an amazing thing

Wavedash Master

Smash Journeyman
We haven't gotten to the stage of fine-tuning vertical KB, weight, and hitstun yet. I wouldn't judge anything based on those factors yet.

We've all played Melee quite a bit, and we're aiming to preserve the technical mastery and narrow windows which go into creating a complex and challenging combo game.

In other words, just because you see something silly in a video, don't dwell on it much. We're working on it.
Reposting this because the video portrays the game looking kind of quirky at the moment. Consider this before posting.

a nub

Smash Ace
One thing i seemed iffy about are the character size to stage size ratio. either the characters are too big or the stage is too small.
This. But otherwise from following the thread and this vid, this is looking like it could be pretty fun. Good luck with this guys, and now I have to go find out what I did with my barlw disc :laugh:

Eggm

Smash Hero
I'd rather see a team of programmers working on making a melee hack from melee like they are doing with textures but instead with new tourney legal stages and extra characters. Kinda like an expansion pack for melee. Rather than changing brawl. Cause its still brawl no matter what. That new vid still screams brawl.

Revven

FrankerZ
Melee isn't and likely won't ever be as hackable as Brawl is. The only way to do anything that you can do with Brawl with Melee is if you have the .iso and burn it to a disc. It's less accessible to the masses than Brawl + Gecko OS. There wouldn't be a code of sorts to load off of a Memory Card either because you can't even put normal files on a GCN Memory Card like you can an SD Card.

On top of that, there would still need to be an accessible program that edits Melee's character files (if that's how their hitboxes and stuff are handled in Melee).

Basically, Eggm, what you would want just isn't possible.

Annnnndddd.... that was completely off topic now... hmm... oh well.

Eggm

Smash Hero
Melee forever then baby!

Edit : Unless I can be practicing **** tech skill with fox in melee then some one ninjas my controller into a Project M controller port on a wii and the fox is doing the exact same things and looks the same, then maybe i'd play it. Maybe.

LLDL

Smash Hero
Yeah I would definitely play if it can be a hundred percent faithful representation. Either way it looks good so far, keep it up.

jugfingers

Smash Champion
lol falcos pillar combos looked so slow and haggard, haven't you seen melee before??

this isn't melee 2.0 the is melee 0.6 at best.

sorry to break this to you but if you want to make melee 2.0 your going to have to make a completely new game using melee's engine not brawls.

although brawl players might enjoy this I guess, not sure why this thread is in the melee section though

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
lol falcos pillar combos looked so slow and haggard, haven't you seen melee before??

this isn't melee 2.0 the is melee 0.6 at best.

sorry to break this to you but if you want to make melee 2.0 your going to have to make a completely new game using melee's engine not brawls.

although brawl players might enjoy this I guess, not sure why this thread is in the melee section though
Maybe if you would look up on this you would know that it's in PRE ALPHA.

It's not even CLOSE to being done. Don't base your judgement off of this vid.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
I'd rather see a team of programmers working on making a melee hack from melee like they are doing with textures but instead with new tourney legal stages and extra characters. Kinda like an expansion pack for melee. Rather than changing brawl. Cause its still brawl no matter what. That new vid still screams brawl.
Where in the waveshining did it scream Brawl to you?

Melee forever then baby!

Edit : Unless I can be practicing **** tech skill with fox in melee then some one ninjas my controller into a Project M controller port on a wii and the fox is doing the exact same things and looks the same, then maybe i'd play it. Maybe.
I'm fairly sure "doing the exact same things, looking better, and being balanced across the board" is what we're shooting for here.

You guys that are saying "no matter what you do, it'll never be Melee", you don't know how right you are. When we're done, it won't be Melee. It'll be better.

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
This video made me smile...

:)

Quick question, are you guys adding Ness' and Yoshi's double jump cancel ability?

Lovage

Smash Hero
no thanks i'd rather play melee

characters look weird in brawl anyways

and you don't have yoshi's story

It seems interesting, but the one thing that kills it is barlw's too detailed graphics. They take away a lot of the cartoony feel that Melee did pretty well and Smash64 did best.
low-resolution texture hacks maybe?

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
This video made me smile...

Quick question, are you guys adding Ness' and Yoshi's double jump cancel ability?
and peach

no thanks i'd rather play melee

characters look weird in brawl anyways

and you don't have yoshi's story
yoshi's story? pshaw. randal's trivial to hack in.

try fourside. or venom.

you guys dont know what we can do, do ya?

Top Bottom