• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
DDD has a good matchup with Marth almost solely based off of his superior grab range
Marth's grab range was nerfed
RIP Marth 100-0 MU

Also I seem to have trouble loading the game, and All-star mode freezes upon selecting the stage. I'll try reinstalling.

Last edited:

Fidooblius

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xDirtface
3DS FC
2036-8028-4791
Switch FC
SW-1888-7943-9184
Can anyone send me the wifi hackless P:M files already unzipped?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
That's just Venusaur, though.

Ivysaurs don't have gender differences canonically.

Doesn't count. Still calling it male.
That's where the headcanon came from, though. It's more than reasonable to assume that the bulb was there inside and only showed up when the flower opened, so people said it was female.

You can call it male, though. I don't really care. I just wanted to emphasize that it's not a strange viewpoint to have.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Last night: "I can't wait for buffs"
Today: "what have they done"

Personally loving every change. Chars had too many options imo before, now it feels more natural and less jank.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
Fixed. Olimar has gotten buffed a LOT for some reason.
He also had his Pikmin health halved so that he has to use pluck more, so it isn't completely one-sided.

The really changed characters (not just recovery nerfs) this round were Ganon, Zelda, Olimar and Lucario holding his charges. But they were the characters that needed it most pretty much from a design perspective.

Bowser, DeDeDe, Jigglypuff and Ice Climbers might still need significant design tweaks in the future if they can't hold their own, but not every character is getting a makeover every update guys.

For what they were aiming to do, rebalance everyone in a fair way, I think they succeeded.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
For some reason, when I play a match the game freezes, is there anything I can do?

Fenriraga

You have the strength to overcome your destiny!
Writing Team
NNID
DarkAura
Select Pokemon Trainer and you'll get Mewtwo. Idk about Roy however.
I selected the trainer and I got... well, a bugged out Trainer. DX Do I need a button combination when selecting or something?

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
All my characters got nerfed too, PMDT I hope you like my tears

QQ

jk Dont even care about slight nerfs, the fun parts of them are the same and just jank got removed. Super satisfied with 3.5 changelog, going to go boot it up soon

RIDLEY is too SMALL

Smash Journeyman
After playing 3.5 for a second time, I definitely think that a lot of the gimmicky bull**** that has plagued Project M for years has been removed due to the nerfpocalypse.

I really feel that 3.5 is going to be much more balanced and much more "fair" than previous versions. (Although I wonder if Fox will be too dominant in theory or if the 3.5 meta just needs to develop.)

Last edited:

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
I kind of doubt ICs will be changed much. the only reason nobody wanted near them before was because grab release points were really unintentionally BS at times, and now that it's fixed the fact that AI handoffs aren't random anymore will actually be put into use

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Been playing Stamina Mode + All-Star Versus for awhile.

I finally know what the M in Project M stands for. <3

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Now that we have 3.5, I think we should maybe speculate about 4.0 a little as just a fun passtime, even though it could be years before 4.0. XD
I'm hoping for a new Character or two from the good ol' Clone Engine, some more Costumes for the Main Roster (An Alt. for Ivysaur would be awesome) and some new stages (M&L: Dream Team stage would be amazing). :3

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
Ganon is an animal now, holy cheese.
Squirtle's FS just poops on the other two.
For some reason, SHDL feels harder to do with Fox. I can do it 100% in Melee and 3.0, I just need to adjust I guess.

Now for the real biz.
Why can't Zamus dash out of paralyzer anymore, I feel so betrayedddddddd.
I also thought I was gonna like no tether grab, but damn this new grab is hard as hell to adjust to after playing her for so long. Like, I'm so used to going for "safe" grabs after hitting shields or dash cancelling laser.
It has good tradeoffs, like the fact that Nair -> Grab is a thing now just like spacies. Comboing into grabs with Zamus has always been a dream. I just need to reinvent my playstyle around the new grab.
AND HOLY ZAMUS EYES
[collapse=PMDT PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ZAMUS]
photo.JPG

[/collapse]

Overall I like the new release. It's so aesthetically pleasing, love the new theme and the engine feels a lot smoother albeit everyone feels a tad heavier, again just something I'll have to adjust to.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Ganon is an animal now, holy cheese.
Squirtle's FS just poops on the other two.
For some reason, SHDL feels harder to do with Fox. I can do it 100% in Melee and 3.0, I just need to adjust I guess.

Now for the real biz.
Why can't Zamus dash out of paralyzer anymore, I feel so betrayedddddddd.
I also thought I was gonna like no tether grab, but damn this new grab is hard as hell to adjust to after playing her for so long. Like, I'm so used to going for "safe" grabs after hitting shields or dash cancelling laser.
It has good tradeoffs, like the fact that Nair -> Grab is a thing now just like spacies. Comboing into grabs with Zamus has always been a dream. I just need to reinvent my playstyle around the new grab.
AND THIS AWFUL NERF BELOW
[collapse=PMDT PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON ZAMUS]
View attachment 29869

[/collapse]

Overall I like the new release. It's so aesthetically pleasing, love the new theme and the engine feels a lot smoother albeit everyone feels a tad heavier, again just something I'll have to adjust to.
Okay, I'm not the only one.

Saito

Pranked!
NNID
Vairrick
3DS FC
1719-3875-9482
I'm so indifferent to the changes man.

I think they're good for the game...but until i adjust I can't appreciate them as much as they should be

Vashimus

Smash Master
My friend's thinking about quitting Ness because PK Fire doesn't activate on shield anymore.

I love you PMDT.

Last edited:

HyperrCrow

Emotional Reality
If you hate ZSS having a regular grab... then I am sorry.
I don't hate it at all, it's just something new I'll have to get used to. I'm way more upset about the laser not being dash cancelled anymore. I'll never give up on Zamus really, I like her playstyle way too much.

Last edited:

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Uh... That feel when you want to test out All-Star Versus mode against a level 9 CPU, but you end up 4 stocking them with Bowser.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
The reason why it does that is because it marks your last character as the one that shows up in results (at least that's what I got).

I'm personally already accustomed to the changes in PM for Mario and his recovery thanks to Doc's being awful in Smash 4.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Squirtle's FS just poops on the other two..
I dunno, I like Charizard's and Ivy's and can see how they'd be very useful in many situations, but I've found that Squirtle's FS is pretty down useless if you're on the ground and everyone else jumps on a platform

Mansta

( ̄^ ̄)ゞ
NNID
WafflePi
3DS FC
1564-3739-4600
Switch FC
SW-6415-9435-2510
I want to play All-Star versus, but it only chooses Mario instead of everyone I choose. ;_; /Dolphinproblems

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
diggin through MK's changes slightly and testing them... damn, his DACUS is good. also, his new-old dair destroys spacies (and fast fallers in general, I'd assume)

Top Bottom