• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

JCOnyx

Smash Ace
NNID
JCOnyx
So, what do you guys think of Sheik, Meta Knight, and Sonic's new DACUSs? I think Meta Knight will appreciate it the most out of the bunch, but tech chase DACUS with Sheik will be nuts not gonna lie.

Also, I repeat, does anyone know what the new font is for 3.5 is? Really want to port over some of my custom stage skins but I want everything to match the current theme.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Aight so, I think i can manage with all the nerfs except for one char, kirby.

So um i know he has some cheese but how's he gonna approach lol? Why make him even more passive than before? not everyone plays him like chudat y'know.... If i wanted a passive weave puffball i'd go puff. PMDV pls, people play kirby comp too.

I'll see how it develops but those are my first impressions, if i can still get the jump on people that write him off/never seen him then i'll still be fine lel, I just dont want him falling back to melee tier again. *shivers* (RRR doe)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Everyone.
Drop what you are doing right now(Unless you are playing P:M)
Go to hyrule castle, pause, and move the camera to look up from under the combo tent.
You will not be dissappointed.

Zoa

Smash Ace
I like almost everything up to this point in 3.5. Played since 6 AM EST. Now it's almost 7 PM. Taking a break from it now. I hate Lucario's adjustments. Nerfs across the board aren't bad. Luc just still suffers from the same weaknesses, and lost a lot as a well like usual. PMDT pls.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Is wavedashing in 3.5 just like Melee or is it still slightly different, and if it is, then why?

I know that PM had some buffer on jumps because of brawl's engine I THINK. Can someone explain it out for me?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
so does anyone know why they nerfed brawl ganondorf olimar

i feel like someone was drunk or high or both when making this balance patch

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
The patch notes say why Pikmin were nerfed already, is that a rhetorical question? Then ignoring his other buffs.

Play the game people (which feels great) rather than nitpicking individual changes without looking at the big picture.

Or just insinuate the PMDT have substance abuse problems, whichever you prefer.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
That moment when you finish up Event 41 by killing everyone with Ganon's sword.

So happy right now. The PM Event Matches were frustratingly, annoying, agonizingly fun. <3

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
The patch notes say why Pikmin were nerfed already, is that a rhetorical question? Then ignoring his other buffs.
It doesn't say why they were nerfed, it just says "we normalized pikmin" which you can do with BUFFS, not solely with NERFS.

Also they blatantly lied in the patch notes saying smashes do more damage when they don't?

The only positive, not stupid changes they made were f-smash and throws, that's IT.

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
The changes to Olimar are definitely... Puzzling. I mean, I'm not gonna say nobody thought he needed work, but I don't think anybody thought that work included that many nerfs.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
I think that after a while of settling into 3.5 we may see some patches to certain issues. As with all large changes to a game there are bound to be some things that make sense while in the process of working on it, that end up not being balanced when the end result is released. I don't think there was a possibility of the tweaks and changes to not have some unforeseen holes. After things have had a fair amount of time to be tested out and compared with the rest of the cast there may be necessary changes in the form of a small patch of some sort because in all fairness the likelihood of making a fighting game that is truly balanced is most likely impossible. But, that's not to say that there wont be some changes that are needed. I think the best course of action is to give everything some time to settle and then put forth important changes that need to be made.

Last edited:

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
There are Coop Event Matches too you know.

So how many KOs on the bowser challenge did you get?
I don't have anyone to play those with me right now. I never bothered with those in Brawl, either. XD

And I got 10 with Ike and didn't use Counter just for good measure. I died in that run, though. 9 seconds before the match was over, too. I only got them about 5 or 6 times in the match that I won.

Taytertot

Smash Ace
Im curious to know if the new changes that allow one to switch characters in between stocks will be applied to tourneys or if that would be too unfair? My guess would be that that wont be legal in tournament but its certainly an interesting idea.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
Wait, what's Stock Control? Does this mean the Wi-Fi set won't let you change your stock, or is it something else?
Stock control is for crew battles (where you can reduce your stocks instead of running off the stage). In the Wifi set they instead have custom buffer, so you can go with 1 or 2 (instead of being locked into 3 with Input Assist) frames of buffer to help connect your actions together over lag if you want. Just have you and your opponent both set it to the same amount. I think the panel over your character still says Stocks but it actually now means frames (up to 10, which is how many Brawl had, anything higher just does 10).

I wonder how much of this change list I'm gonna get memorized. This air dodge change is pretty weird, I need to find out the explanation of what exactly is different about it. "-Airdodge distance scaling matched to Super Smash Bros. Melee. This enables full-distance wavedashes more easily. "

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

3.5 in a nutshell:

50% cool stuff that doesn't directly affect most competitive gameplay (costumes, stage aesthetics, SSE, debug)
25% necessary/reasonable nerfs
20% unnecessary nerfs
5% Ganon love

Come at me.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
So guise, will someone make an upload of that Hanenbow music? It has a new song now.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP, I JUST REACHED MY 2,000th post in 13 YEARS! ARRRRGGGGHHH!

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
3.5 in a nutshell:

50% cool stuff that doesn't directly affect most competitive gameplay (costumes, stage aesthetics, SSE, debug)
25% necessary/reasonable nerfs
20% unnecessary nerfs
5% Ganon love

Come at me.
And a 100% reason to get good at the game

Top Bottom