• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Malion

Smash Ace
I gotta say of the 3 I like Ivysaur's final smash the most.

Also I like that mewtwo and Roy can now get recorded Stadium scores (though still shared with lucario and marth. Better than just being blank.) This might not be new but I like the addition regardless.

TheLastOneAlive

Smash Cadet
I'm glad you guys indefinitely removed Jungle Japes. It's one of the worst stages in the Smash series, IMO. I just hope you guys bring back Kongo Jungle from Melee in 4.0.
Whaaat?! Jungle Japes was da best. I almost cried when I noticed it was gone from the SSS.

Malion

Smash Ace
I'd like more levels optimized for no blastzone modes. With maybe holes in the center of the stage that can be used to sneak attack people from above. Or maybe hidden platforms on the bottom of a stage you can jump up to reach from the bottom.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
anyone got a list of sawnd file ids? im tryna add jp voices and i cant find a list for them anywhere

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
reminder that the entire damn point of about 90% of the changes in this game were design-based, because PMDT wanted to ditch most of the incredibly horrid cheese everyone got away with

olimar didn't get so hard-changed because someone particularly hates you this hard, he got hard-changed because he was designed like trash before

TheLastOneAlive

Smash Cadet
anyone got a list of sawnd file ids? im tryna add jp voices and i cant find a list for them anywhere
If you have Super SAWNDz, the Group ID of a file listed in that is also the .sawnd ID.

[collapse=Character IDs]
Mario: 8.sawnd
Link: 9.sawnd
Pit: 10.sawnd
MetaKnight: 11.sawnd
Dedede: 12.sawnd
Donkey Kong: 13.sawnd
Samus/Zero Suit Samus: 14.sawnd
Yoshi: 15.sawnd
Kirby: 16.sawnd
Fox: 17.sawnd
Pikachu: 18.sawnd
Luigi: 19.sawnd
Captain Falcon: 20.sawnd
Ness: 21.sawnd
Bowser: 22.sawnd
Peach: 23.sawnd
Zelda/Sheik: 24.sawnd
Ice Climbers: 25.sawnd
Marth: 26.sawnd
Mr. Game&Watch: 27.sawnd
Falco: 28.sawnd
Ganon: 29.sawnd
Wario: 30.sawnd
Olimar and Pikmin: 31.sawnd
Lucas: 32.sawnd
Diddy: 33.sawnd
Pokemon Trainer: 34.sawnd
Charizard: 35.sawnd
Squirtle: 36.sawnd
Ivysaur: 37.sawnd
Lucario: 38.sawnd
Ike: 39.sawnd
R.O.B: 40.sawnd
Jigglypuff: 41.sawnd
Toon Link: 42.sawnd
Wolf: 43.sawnd
Snake: 44.sawnd
Sonic: 45.sawnd
[/collapse]

Yung Mei

thats exactly what i was looking for, couldnt find a list anywhere. thanks bruh

D

Deleted member

Except for some characters, they ditched the cheese but didn't give the character anything else reasonable to compensate.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
Excuse me, it was 2 frames. But yeah, Roy overall got Buffed. Thank goodness looking after looking at every change list I got lucky. The upair change was probably for the best on a game design level, to make his combos a little more strict won't stop me from being a little salty.

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Excuse me, it was 2 frames. But yeah, Roy overall got Buffed. Thank goodness looking after looking at every change list I got lucky. The upair change was probably for the best on a game design level, to make his combos a little more strict won't stop me from being a little salty.
urite urite

I feel like the downair spike is a surprisingly huge buff though. Also I must not have realized the grab range Roy had when dashing, because even now I don't really feel the change from that. And Side B clanking is both a nerf and a buff kinda. It breaks projectiles in the air now, doesn't it?

curry9186

Smash Journeyman
The stage select switch page that you get to from the rules tab still has the photo for Jungle Japes instead of Skyloft.
Also, is there going to be a changelist for stages? I need to get some retextures going.

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
urite urite

I feel like the downair spike is a surprisingly huge buff though. Also I must not have realized the grab range Roy had when dashing, because even now I don't really feel the change from that. And Side B clanking is both a nerf and a buff kinda. It breaks projectiles in the air now, doesn't it?
Side B clanking with projectiles is a pretty significant buff. Side B is his fastest move IIRC, or is tied with Jab, but isn't nearly as limited and is safer than fairing projectiles out of the way.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I hope we Roy's can learn to make PMDT regret giving us a spike. Dash grab change is irrelevant because you should always JC grab anyway and thus never see it. Sideb clanking just makes sense, not really a big deal. Jab is 3 frames faster and they got similar range. So Jab is probably still better. Will need to test SideB though.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
olimar didn't get so hard-changed because someone particularly hates you this hard, he got hard-changed because he was designed like trash before
thats fine but they're nerfing random things like dtilt, shield damage on pikmin, budded/flowered white pikmin toss after demolishing their HP to 14%

and the buffs they gave to compensate was like........... pikmin can swim nao

Leafeon

Verdant Pokémon
Side B clanking with projectiles is a pretty significant buff. Side B is his fastest move IIRC, or is tied with Jab, but isn't nearly as limited and is safer than fairing projectiles out of the way.
It makes recovering slightly less gimpable too if it slices the projectile away.

I hope we Roy's can learn to make PMDT regret giving us a spike. Dash grab change is irrelevant because you should always JC grab anyway and thus never see it. Sideb clanking just makes sense, not really a big deal. Jab is 3 frames faster and they got similar range. So Jab is probably still better. Will need to test SideB though.
I dunno about the rest, but I'll certainly be trying to make them regret it. Now that I'm actually trying to get it all the time, the sweetspot feels slightly tighter than before. But probably only because I want it now.

Last edited:

Binary Clone

Easy Money since 1994
I'm still not sure the spike is actually much of a buff... It doesn't happen that often and maybe it's just me, but it seems like the sweetspot is stricter now than it was before.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
EDIT: Sorry I didn't see that Aerodrome, Lemme look at it real quick

Also SilentDoom posted this

To say that Olimar has been "nerfed in pretty much every way" is straight up objectively incorrect. Considering the overall nerfs across the roster this character, I can assure you, will fare better than previously. Alright so let's first address the areas overall in which he has been actually nerfed:

1) Pikmin durability being reduced drastically. His Pikmin in 3.02 basically never died via being attacked (barring whites of course), only dying due to going offstage or from Olimar himself dying. This meant that his Side B could potentially act as an instant pressure tool once it had latched and if you had spaced your Side B well, forcing your opponent into one of the three following situations:
- They take the damage, but of course that is unfavourable since you're taking damage (duh) and quite a bit especially if you've got more than one Pikmin latched onto you
- They shield so they don't take the hits from the Pikmin, but that makes them an easy target for a grab and in the case of 3.02 Olimar that could lead to an easy 60%+
- They could attack the Pikmin off but like for example 2 you can bait the attack and punish them in the same way.

However, now since your Pikmin is more likely to die from an attack you have to be more weary of using Side B. You can still use it to bait an attack but it acts as more of a double edged sword since you're likely to lose a Pikmin. However, saying that Side B is useless is like saying Smash 4 Olimar's Side B is useless (it isn't) and this Side B is a much better move due to the fact that you get much more of a reward off of it compared to that game.

2) The damage reductions he's received almost across that board barring on a couple of moves. This was done simply out of design. Olimar's 3.02 BnBs were incredibly easy for how much damage you could get off them. The fact that you could deal Ganon level damage starting from a fantastic long grab and essentially spamming USmash and aerials was absurd, especially since all his moves are also disjointed. His damage was toned down to be reasonable, there's simply nothing more too it.

I'd say these are his most major nerfs, however there are some buffs that simply cannot and should not be ignored:

1) The speed buff yellows received is big and to say that they're still not useful is stupid and clearly a testament to one not having spent enough time actually trying them out. On the contrary they're incredibly useful now as every single Pikmin move with yellows is now more safe and easier to combo. They're relatively low knockback allows them you to string from them at higher percents into moves such as BAir much more easily, offering Olimar better kill setups.

2) FSmash has been improved in every way. In 3.02 it was pretty awful but now it has a lot more utility due to being stronger and due to the fact that the hitboxes don't terminate until the Pikmin touches the ground. This allows for it to be an incredibly safe (and potentially very strong if you're using a red for example) tech chase option that covers everything barring the tech back. It can also be used to hit opponents offstage and if they're below and infront of you while you're on a platform. The former point, along with the almost universal nerf to recoveries, has made his solid edgeguarding game even better.

3) The knockback adjustments made to make it so that all Pikmin forms have knockback around that of budded Pikmin leads to Olimar being much less of a "snowball" character, offering a greater level of overall consistency while not compromising the overall reward he gains from flowing his Pikmin too much. Flowering Pikmin is still worthwhile, but flowered Pikmin are no longer completely absurd. Meanwhile leaf Pikmin are overall better.

4) Starting with 4 Pikmin and respawning with 2. The latter point in particular is incredibly useful as you now no longer have to waste any invincibility on plucking Pikmin, allowing you get straight back into the game.

I can understand that a bunch of people are going to be upset initially with the changes Olimar has received, but I genuinely believe they, in the grand scheme of things, help to improve and round off Olimar's design overall. Granted he's not perfect, and there are still match-ups that will give him a lot of trouble (spacies, Marth etc) but I believe him to be more of a contender this time around. I may or may not be wrong though. We'll have to give it some time.

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
So far all Roy players confirm it feels harder to hit so it gotta be true. I never considered sideb's use when recovering. That is a good point.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Man Ganon's hover gives him such a boost in his offstage game.
It's glorious.

MechWarriorNY

Smash Master
3DS FC
5387-4245-6828
So, the only powered-armor wearer in the game is still gdlk.
...Yeah, that's right.

And everyone has to

Damnit SB, OFC you would remember something like that. I'm gonna find so god damn many hedgeheg pictures it's gonna blow your mind.

Captain Falcon: Rear and Middle Grab boxes can grab low crouching characters
Fixed.
3.5 in a nutshell:
50% cool stuff that doesn't directly affect most competitive gameplay (costumes, stage aesthetics, SSE, debug)
25% necessary/reasonable nerfs
20% unnecessary nerfs
5% Ganon love
Come at me.
As you wish.

/topic

Malion

Smash Ace
Or or... ok. Stick with me here because this might sound beyond insane...
but what if there was a stamina mode where every character was given unlimited jumps. And there was just no stage at all like.... full on air battles DBZ style.

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Ike's DACUS is really good. Too bad QD JC usmash is even better, albeit DACUS is still much less telegraphed.

Yung Mei

anyways, now that 3.5 is out, first order of business

you all have terrible taste in anime

Lucky Star is the only real anime

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Or or... ok. Stick with me here because this might sound beyond insane...
but what if there was a stamina mode where every character was given unlimited jumps. And there was just no stage at all like.... full on air battles DBZ style.
That would actually be hilarious, and really fun. XD

Turbo mode with that too?

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Seems Falcon can still grab the ledge from side B onstage, but only about 90% of the time. Might have something to do with the ECB, if that's still a thing.

EDIT: Did the CPU level names change? I'm pretty sure the level 9 was called Nasty, not Cruel.

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Seems Falcon can still grab the ledge from side B onstage, but only about 90% of the time. Might have something to do with the ECB, if that's still a thing.

EDIT: Did the CPU level names change? I'm pretty sure the level 9 was called Nasty, not Cruel.
Ganons the same. You have to hold the direction of the stage as you fall off (so if you were going right you'd hold left as you fell offstage)

Also yeah they did change the names. Dunno why bc nobody reads them or puts them to anything except 9

Last edited:
Top Bottom