• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

trash?

witty/pretty
Premium
NNID
????
e: got immediately ninja'd after seeing it on my subs, lmao. THANKS ODDS

Last edited:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
In all honesty, I love all the new changes in this demo including the Link changes

However there's 1 thing I need help with, how in the sweet hell do you bomb jump with Link now? It seems random as all ****
No aerial glide toss required, you bomb jump exactly how you would in melee. Think of aerial glide toss as it's own separate recovery mechanic, instead of being part of bomb jumping. You only get one though.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Ganon is Brawl MK tier.

Physics & gravity, knockback growth, hitstun all got tweaked to resemble Melee much more closely.
Eh, that concerns me, because I really liked the mix feel of Melee and Brawl. The more Melee it feels from here, it may become "unbalanced" feeling to me...
Oh well, still want to play. Gonna have to relearn Ganon though.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Did someone say Ganon?

Glad you enjoy him or like him Kailex lol. I think now he's at a level playing field with the others, although its too early to say how good he is now.

My thoughts on the patch are now that there's alot of "jank" stuff gone we have to make pancakes from scratch...

wait...

Basically, we got minimalist design (for the most part) and it became a pecking order of nerfs.

"A" would have been strong if everyone has this thing nerfed so "A" is nerfed but then "B" is nerfed because they are polarizing to 'A's" nerf and then "C" comes along and is polarizing to "B" so "C" is nerfed a tad and then Fox comes and nothing changes because he's Fox.

What we ended up with was reactions to character like "huh" because they got nerfs/not a buff where they should have. And it's only crazy to us because we're thinking in terms of 3.02, not 3.5. This is why Ganons grab is worse/not better, Jiggs is practically the same and Olimar is oddly changed (although I'm on the side of where I think he isn't bad, we'll see).

EDIT: I have beef with Fox. Always have. I never liked his design and his need to be the best. Even the Lvl 9 CPUs show why he's stupid with lazer camping to Up-Smashes. Oh and their multi-shines ... They are better then most PM Fox's lol until it requires thought.

Last edited:

ZiggaWaTT

Smash Journeyman
So after playing all day at a tourney yesterday my impression of 3.5 is good. I expected a lot more complaining but there was barely any. The only complaining i heard was a DK main was sad that DKs recovery was nerfed, but he won the tourney lol most of us there are scrubs tho. Even a zelda player was ok with the changes, when i asked what he thought of the zelda changes he said he like that they made her side B even cheaper :p. There was some very hype ganon play and a ganon took second place. A bit early to say if ganon is the new god tier but if he is i am perfectly ok with that because unlike M2, Ganon play is pretty hype! All star mode is super fun! Debug mode i need to get used to and all the new skins are fantastic!

Last edited:

shairn

Your favorite anime is bad.
3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
i want to main ice climbers purely because of that goddamn costume i need help
I tried learning them yesterday, but I just can't. Not being an ICs main is suffering.
At least I have Sigurd Marth and OOT Sheik.

Choice Scarf

Smash Journeyman
Man, new Hanenbow is pretty great. I want to eventually see someone use it for a Turbo TAS video.

Have figured out what the music for the stage is?

MLGF

Smash Lord
Ganon is god tier, what is this Brawl+?

Seriously, he's good. But saying Brawl MK tier is stupid.

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
For now.

He's generally the same Ganon. Just now his punishes are even more deadly, and he can't be exploited for his weakness AS MUCH.

Projectiles and campers will still be bad for him, and, well, he's still a fatso. Just now he has the tools to deal with his bad matchups at all or in a way the PMBR deems fair. With everyone elses nerfs, it'll be neat to see where he stacks up.

Raccoon Chuck

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3437-3568-6776
I'm running a team of the 2 inter-universal fire emblem bros (Marth,Roy), and Ike to keep with my Fire emblem main elitism, and to see my Ganon friend recking me with that hover to down air in our early matches told me that our rivalry can never be the same. Thank god I don't main a projectile user.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Inputting stuff in frame dvance is a bit janky.
C-stick does not work properly in frame advance, otherwise everything should work as one would expect. C-stick issues are because of how Brawl reads the c-stick.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
God damn I love 3.5

I feel sorta bad, because all the players around my level in az had their characters nerfed except ganon and lucario players

And I'm sitting here with a big net buff for wolf, negligible changes for fox, and a much more interesting diddy with a much stronger punish game. Even my other characters I mess around with, Rob, Gnw, peach and falcon, all got pretty exclusively buffed. 3.5 is a great patch for me lol

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I haven't tested anything out yet, but a pseudo-shine spike is honestly the last thing this game needs.

Was the Nana dair necessary for continuing that combo, or was it just your dair that hit and combo'd into d-smash?
Someone asked me to explain it on Reddit so I'll just post that here as well:

This is a combination of brawl/melee/PM techs. I do a handoff to the AI and immediately jump knowing the AI will Uthrow since I'm in the middle of the stage. I spike boswer and miss my L-cancel on purpose so that during my landing lag I can input a dair for the AI who is jumping back up to me. Similar to brawl the AI will latch onto me at a certain range and sort of float in the air. I use dair as it has the most active frames of their moves to force bowser into using his get-up animation to use invincibility to try and dodge the dair. While I do this I run off the platform and dair making sure not to fast fall. The AI's dair combos into my dair and I only L-cancel my dair so that the AI starts their downsmash at the same time I do resulting in a kill.

In all honesty, I love all the new changes in this demo including the Link changes

However there's 1 thing I need help with, how in the sweet hell do you bomb jump with Link now? It seems random as all ****
Glad to hear you like the Link changes! Bomb jumping is much harder now, I'll explain it though. Instead of moving forward and drifting back into the bomb to hit it with your last hit you need to just up-b as soon as possible and go straight up into it. Since the shoulder hitbox was removed on his up-b the bomb will fall a little more inside of you, and then be pushed forwards into several of your other up-b hits making it explode. I don't think he can bomb jump as many times as he could before the number was probably half'd. If up-b is stale at all he will not bomb jump.

Last edited:

Exodo

Smash Ace
is the ganon reflect supposed to be so limited? i mean, its so hard to actually repel something, in my opinion it should be like Mario's side b. i still love the new ganon though, alot!!

KayB

Smash Master
BRoomer
Someone asked me to explain it on Reddit so I'll just post that here as well:

This is a combination of brawl/melee/PM techs. I do a handoff to the AI and immediately jump knowing the AI will Uthrow since I'm in the middle of the stage. I spike boswer and miss my L-cancel on purpose so that during my landing lag I can input a dair for the AI who is jumping back up to me. Similar to brawl the AI will latch onto me at a certain range and sort of float in the air. I use dair as it has the most active frames of their moves to force bowser into using his get-up animation to use invincibility to try and dodge the dair. While I do this I run off the platform and dair making sure not to fast fall. The AI's dair combos into my dair and I only L-cancel my dair so that the AI starts their downsmash at the same time I do resulting in a kill.
If Bowser did his get-up attack, could he have avoided the dairs?

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.

WUT

ARE YOU HUMAN

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
are the smashboards rankings going to be reset for 3.5 now?

Exodo

Smash Ace
The Legend of Zelda series got so much love this update, and i love it!!

all its missing now is:

#47 will prevail mwaahaha

Last edited:

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
If Bowser did his get-up attack, could he have avoided the dairs?
I'm not 100% certain, but I feel I made nana float outside of the get-up attack range, but even if he did do a get-up attack I timed my second dair so that I would hit him out of it and I would have tried to space for a ledge cancelled downsmash(actually I probably would have just dair-> dsmashed idk lol)

@SpiderMad

Debate is over L cancel stays long live muhlay
Haha yeah IC's actually have reasons to not L-cancel unlike most characters.

WUT

ARE YOU HUMAN
You have no idea how long I've waited to play IC's in pm :p. This is just the tip of the iceberg.

Last edited:

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
Just found out you can ledge drop DJ uair regrab with Marth.
Debug mode is so cool.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Okaaay...So SSE just completely froze for me just when I was about to do the battle on the Smash Skiff when you have DK, Diddy, Olimar and Captain Falcon. Once I picked all of the character and it tried to load up the fight, the game crashed.

Anybody else have this happen?

shairn

3DS FC
4742-6323-2961
M2K actually does this often.
Was C-stick ledge dropping in Melee? I can't imagine doing this with the control stick alone.

EDIT: Nevermind, it's actually pretty easy. Ledge drop DJ nB regrab is hard though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom