• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread Gold

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Just had a CPU Samus super wavedash on me and a CPU Peach just straight up read my roll and run up smash WTF.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
@Chesstiger2612 New mechanics? I'm still in the dark on why PM has more height in a SH or something than Melee. But for whatever reason 3.5 didn't "fix" it. So that's good, at least in the sense of whatever trade off in benefit you'd get for killing many early aerials not possible in Melee beyond what's possible now in PM for the rest of the cast. Though again, I don't know what's going on. I'm glad Light press air dodge still exists, and custom buffer is in the Wifi set. http://smashboards.com/threads/a-di...ad-thing-health-related.360937/#post-17071426

We have yet to see explained to us what the new air dodge/wavedash thing exactly is besides feeling it. Was hoping PM would release a video on it.

There's about 20 things I may have had in mind to use the new debug mode for, but I forgot all of them lol.

Can't decide if I should do homework over going to this $5 semi-fake tournament for PM/Melee close to me starting in an hour. Usually I like having the entire change list memorized before doing anything but this one is a mammoth. The formatting prevents me from easily printing it either lol.

PM can take both longer and shorter to run in tournament in 3.5 I'm imagining. Like I could run through low level player's stocks in seconds with 3.02 Diddy, but then I'd get to M2K and it becomes pill time; or Fox time which is gonna be pretty extra brutal for Diddy https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=758zG_1IhDM

You can already see M2K punish DLA's upsmashes hard, now it's got like triple the end lag (as well as the SDI multipliers reverted back to normal)

Fox's Up-smash kills us like I'm imaging 5% later now or something? I might imagine Falco took a bigger nerf with his dair, though having the weak-hit more often might be useful if some pro player explained so (but the hitbox itself was moved closer inside him too, and that could also technically yield to frame advantage as a theoretical benefit)

RIP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI7OQiRRaY4#t=276
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVeMluR8feQ#t=382

Last edited:

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
I'd just like to reiterate how deliriously happy I am with the patch.

The poor [shmucks] who got 4 stocked by me all afternoon might be slightly less happy.

Last edited:

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Can't the weaker hit help with floaties anyway?

The D-air nerf just makes it so I have to actually shine after I d-air instead of just dairing a bajillion times then? Hardly even a nerf in that case.

Empyrean

Smash Champion
NNID
Arnprior
Didn't even notice the falco dair nerf despite reading about it in the changelog. All I know is that falco feels much closer to Melee falco, and while I won't be maining him in PM, he's at least fun to play once in a while as opposed to before.

And I reallllllly wanna learn wolf, but I'm so **** with him it's not even funny

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
It'd be nice to be able to see IASA frames in debug mode. Right now you kind of have to fish for frame data while playing.
For IASA frames on grounded moves, you can hold shield and then the frame that the shield bubble graphic appears, then you know that the IASA frame is that frame. Unfortunately for aerial moves, getting IASA data is not as easy as holding shield, you have to press jump every other frame and then when you get that IASA frame, repeat it again but on the opposite frames just to be sure. It sucks but that is the only way I know how to get accurate IASA data on aerial moves.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Does anyone else notice that some CPUs do an occasional dashdance?
Nevermind that, I'm trying to get over the fact that the little Mites keep wavedashing towards me in SSE. I don't remember them doing that before. ¦D;

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Also I was playing Classic on normal while fighting Fox, and all he did was jump and use his Blaster.
Ah, that makes me think of one of the Event Matches. Once I got in a certain spot, Fox just stayed on a platform and went nuts. he just kept doing the same string of moves over and over. It was kind of funny to watch.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I always wondered what Balloon Fighter's moveset would be in a Smash game. It's a shame we'll probably never find out.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
I know there is the "where you at" event, what other ones were added. I don't remember seeing which ones were new in the patchnotes.

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
So I'm looking over footage of my matches at BH4 and in the comments

im not sure about any of this
Is U grill

I know there is the "where you at" event, what other ones were added. I don't remember seeing which ones were new in the patchnotes.
Silence DAVID oooooohuehuehue

Gotdam my mouth burnin
Got a cut
Trying to drink this lemonade
IT HURT SO GUD

Last edited:

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Im never gonna forgive pmdt for what they did to zss. Took away dash cancel so now paralyzer is the worst projectile in the game. This goes with her already useless u smash. Smdh

GreaterMaelstrom

Smash Rookie
Overall this build is not bad...for the most part.

...but I must admit some things are a little questionable. The Metaknight rebalance isn't (IMO) well thought out... in fact I'm pretty sure MK was completely nerfed. I don't even play metaknight but I feel a lil bad about this.(maybe because I felt he wasn't so good in 3.0 either). DAir reverting to brawls Dair is also a bad call FMPOV.

Yoshi is still not 1:1 w/ melee yoshi however other characters are being pushed to being 1:1 w/ their melee counterparts. I find this a bit confusing and I'm assuming it's because there isn't much attention being payed to yoshi in the PMDT. On the contrary there are some aspects of other melee characters that I believe from a creative standpoint should be less Identical to their respective melee properties (peaches DJC/ Marths mechanics and neutral B/ sheiks side B).

Samuses downB hitbox doesn't activate on collision anymore ...It's also not specified in changelog.

Also squirtles Aqua jet is poorly designed... I think it's supposed to be a "quickfire" kill move but it's activation specificity is a bit naive. for one, if puts you into freefall which IMO doesn't make much sense considering it's basis of activation. It can also potentially hinder withdraw setups.

Ice climbers need a serious overhaul... The team needs to sit down and come up with a way to actually redesign this character on a professional level.. I even like Brawl ICs better than PM's.

AND I MUST SAY.. BESIDES TOON LINKS UPSMASH I AM IMPRESSED W/ TOON LINKS CHANGES. - some might say he's nerfed but he feels more fun to play now which is always a good thing IMO.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
Last edited:

B.W.

Smash Champion
T.Link is definitely nerfed.

But he is really fun to play as regardless of nerfs. I still hate new N-Air no matter how much I try to like it. I love that his recovery isn't broken anymore. Now people can say he has bad recovery and be a little more (though not completely) correct.

Top Bottom