• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
^^Looking at the rest of the conversation, my guess is he was going for "vibrator"...
That. I was gonna leave it at "v", but added "i" so as not to be misunderstood. Anyway, let's take Toast's advice and change topic please.

So about my failure idea... Can it be done? I think it would be hilarious.

:phone:

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Creepy...

Repost your failure idea thingy

It got lost in these awkward posts lol

EDIT: nvm I see ur idea. It doesn't really sound possible or worth our time to do. But funny suggestion though!

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
To help get back on topic, does anyone at all have thoughts on the Kirby idea I pointed out on the last page? The one where Kirby won't lose his inhaled power-up for the entire match unless he taunts (therefor keeping it the next stock). The one thing that really bothered me about the character in all of the games was that he could lose his power-up from a heavy hit. I mean, I'd understand if Kirby doesn't need any kind of buffs, seeing how he was solid in Melee :p

Ecks

Smash Lord
Creepy...

Repost your failure idea thingy

It got lost in these awkward posts lol

EDIT: nvm I see ur idea. It doesn't really sound possible or worth our time to do. But funny suggestion though!

Haha. I just wanted to know if such a thing would be possible. It's hard to know where to draw the line when you guys have been able to do so much.

Also, please consider Sir Combee's idea.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
As for me, I have otakuthon and Smash till U crash, so I might not be able to stream for a bit ^^.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Yeah, if I can, but I admit that I'm not sure if I want to bring my laptop with so many strangers there.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Lol I don't think anyone is stupid enough to try to steal a laptop, it would be too obvious.. and whatever you bring at tournaments should be your own responsibility.. I know a lot of smashers which don't take care of their stuff properly and then they complain their stuff got stolen or lost. lol. Anyways, no one is gonna steal **** on my watch. I dare anyone to try. =P

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
The trick is to have someone you can trust to watch your stuff if you need to leave for bathroom/food/whatever. If not, then take it with you.

The Phenom

Smash Lord
That wouldnt be a bad idea actually.

You get humiliated, and then the announcer rubs it in for the laughs.
Are you guys saying that Ivy has a vi-I'm not saying it. Were does it say that it's a girl anyway?

Also, totally legit idea for pm: Make the announcer go "failure" when you get four stocked. :troll:

This has to be in PM! Project Melee has to be as magical as it can possibly be!!! MOAR EPIC!!!
---------
CLASS OF 2009!!!

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
if the brawl zair was kept (10 frames of lag or whatever), samus would **** marth =D melee samus vs marth sucked.

can samus still do the whole short hop missile platform instacancel spam on pokemon stadium and yoshi's story platforms?

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
I realise this is somewhat the same as asking for another patch.

But how's PAL porting coming along?

shanus

Smash Hero
if the brawl zair was kept (10 frames of lag or whatever), samus would **** marth =D melee samus vs marth sucked.

can samus still do the whole short hop missile platform instacancel spam on pokemon stadium and yoshi's story platforms?
brawl actually only has light/hard landing for zairs so 2-4 frames of landlag - in PM we had made all zairs 10 fr, but now samus has 15

Ecks

Smash Lord
Is Link keeping his brawl dash attack?

And I wanted to ask (again), will Wolf and Ness keep their invincibility(super armor?) on down b startup? It isn't as useful for Ness as it is for Wolf, due to the shine's crazy speed compared to psi shield. Ness' is only useful for absorbing non-energy attacks if he can't get out of the way or just shield.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Oh ya.. I don't know if it's just me but Marth and Samus feel weird in P:M somehow.. I had the impression i was playing brawl because of the graphics and had to remind myself it was p:m i'm playing lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
Oh ya.. I don't know if it's just me but Marth and Samus feel weird in P:M somehow.. I had the impression i was playing brawl because of the graphics and had to remind myself it was p:m i'm playing lol.
Animation nuances and aesthetic differences doesn't make them totally not Melee, a lot of their frame data is spot on to Melee. There are some issues with Samus' down B but their physics are spot on (except landing detection issues, such as Samus' double jump).

One example of an animation nuance would be Captain Falcon's forward roll, it's a slightly different animation but despite that matches Melee frame by frame.

Ecks

Smash Lord
No patch yet. Who knows when it will be ready. But the more it takes, the more chances it will have more characters right? no? Ok.

Edit: I think the patch should just be called second demo when it's out, considering all the changes it will have (Read: Massive Engine changes). Plus it will draw more attention then "just a patch".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom