• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

humble

Smash Ace
I don't see what the problem you have with the move is. I think it's a great addition to bowser giving him more options and followup capabilities. The moves aren't even very similar, one is a charge up super jump while bowser's is a canceled butt pound.
Because I hate cool new options that add depth to characters. Duh.

Just watched Yagi's vids on snake and WOW... Bravo. His kill potential seems to have gone way up. He look insanely sexy now. Demo Snake was fun until I found out he had Link problems of getting good damage then not being able to kill until past 140 reliably. He looks completely **** now. Still gonna have trouble with fast characters, but now he can get those kills. Good stuff.
Any chance we can get a dev to explain how Snake has changed since the demo build?

Revven

FrankerZ
We are not going to detail characters that have changed since the demo, you will get those details when we actually release the update or whatever it will be called.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
This is sad (dont get me wrong im freaking happy about this and the other proyects) the games im most xpecting this year is project am2r, megaman corrupted and FREAKING AWESOME PROJECT M.

Since sakurai's brawl and now with 2 canceled megamans and him not included on mvc3 or Umvc3 (wich is a rip off -.- they said dlc would come for mvc3 now im stucked with my special edition) im not happy with corp games, maybe Im a little* exited about skyward sword... but star fox 3d... come on, and it looks like it will be a long road for kid icarus mario 3d and new smash games T_T.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
This is sad (dont get me wrong im freaking happy about this and the other proyects) the games im most xpecting this year is project am2r, megaman corrupted and FREAKING AWESOME PROJECT M.

Since sakurai's brawl and now with 2 canceled megamans and him not included on mvc3 or Umvc3 (wich is a rip off -.- they said dlc would come for mvc3 now im stucked with my special edition) im not happy with corp games, maybe Im a little* exited about skyward sword... but star fox 3d... come on, and it looks like it will be a long road for kid icarus mario 3d and new smash games T_T.
First time I hear of project am2r, I looked it up and it looks nice.
Regarding UMvC3, if they had released it as DLC, with their current price for characters, it would be 60 dollars(12x5), so you're actually spending less this way.
IMO, the thing you should be concerned about is the huge amount of cancelled games for the 3DS.

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to know how you guys manage to make the Intro Loading Screen to be so short and still manage to play the intro movie so smoothly. All the other Brawl mods I have tried always have that lengthy intro loading screen. I've even tried using the mods with Brawl in my USB Loader and I still see no difference.

Ecks

Smash Lord
I was told Dantarion did that. I was also told that updating your wii will fix that. I dunno if you should update however, because I was also told that it could brick your hacked wii.

:phone:

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I'm interested to know if any of the playtesters find P:M more fun to play than Melee.
I do. Playing Link is great, and if I want to play a character who meshes with my playstyle and doesn't suck, I'm not stuck with Marth.

Ike, Ganondorf, Donkey Kong, and others feel fantastic now. Yoshi is fun as well.

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
There's no stacksmash for PAL so it does brick it.

Also, is DarkWolf working on a PAL port? If so, how's he going?

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
Ness' new ftilt looks kind of cool even though I liked his old one but DON'T TOUCH HIS YO-YO'S!

libertyernie

Smash Ace
The only public P:M version, though (the demo from February) doesn't have a PAL version. So you'll need a NTSC Brawl disc.
(I suppose you could use the PAL Smash Stack, swap out the disc for an NTSC one once Gecko OS loads, then press "Launch Game." That way, you could run P:M on a PAL Wii without modding it. But of course, you'd need 2 copies of Brawl.)

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
I was told Dantarion did that. I was also told that updating your wii will fix that. I dunno if you should update however, because I was also told that it could brick your hacked wii.

Well I have no intentions of updating any time soon but I just want to know how it's done. Is it a code? A file? What?

D

Deleted member

I am amazed at the polish I've seen recently to PM and the smooth flow it seems to have from only superficial viewing.

For the first time, I don't see very much Brawl left in it. I always saw it as a better Brawl and a watered down Melee, but now it seems to match the fluidity and grace of Melee at least for some characters (not all unfortunately, but it IS a work in progress).

I am also wowed by Charizard and how well he is designed (I love his new Fair animation and design). Don't change a thing please. lol

Oh, quick question:

Does Charizard still have his flame cancel that boosts him in the other direction?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I'm interested to know if any of the playtesters find P:M more fun to play than Melee.
I'm in the minority, but P:M's gameplay actually feels smoother to me than Melee. When I try to play Melee now I tend to drop inputs (so I just play Peach and camp camp camp :p)

Oh, quick question:

Does Charizard still have his flame cancel that boosts him in the other direction?
No, it was removed. His ability to flame cancel at all was removed iirc.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I do find PM to be a bit more fun at times. Melee doesn't have Wario or Ike.:p But I still prefer Melee samus over PM Samus due to the extender(which sucks but is funny to use) and bomb jumping is better. But overall, I find PM to be a bit more fun.

cmart

Smash Lord
Awesome new characters, plus my main was buffed to hell (Bowser) just make for a more enjoyable game for me. There are a few characters that aren't quite as smooth as their melee incarnations for some reason, but I'm confident we'll get that hammered out.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Btw everyone it is more likely that my crew and friend will be over on the 14th instead of the 7th. Just wanted to let you stream viewers know this.

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Melee feels better overall, but I have to give P:M the fun award due to better aesthetics, music customization, and most importantly a larger selection of characters that I care about playing. In Melee I can only stand playing Falco or Marth (and Mewtwo as a complete joke). In P:M I enjoy playing Falco, Marth, Sonic, Charizard, Zelda, and MK - and that doesn't even include the characters that I enjoy just ****ing around with for a match or two.

Purely from a gameplay perspective though, Melee is better. One day that won't be an issue though ;).

SHOTTYGURU

Smash Apprentice
Idk melée these days for me feels really sticky in terms of AT's I guess because it's much easier in PM to wavedash,l cancel etc... I do have a question though will c falcon dash be changed back to the way it was in melée? When I'm dashdancing it still feels like a brawl dashdance except without the clanking noice when you ran with c falcon

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Hey guys, I was just wondering about something a little off topic.

For the models of characters, can I just create one using a program like Maya when (or if) the clone engine gets working, or would I need to learn to code the model into an acceptable form for the engine? I'm a 3d computer design student, and if the clone engine begins to work, I could create better models for any additional characters that need something better than a texture swap.

If not, then oh well, but I was just wondering.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
As PM now is pretty close in almost all aspects to what melee is.

I find PM to be more fun to play because the characters I play aren't bad as hell. Also allows fun with nearly every characters since in my opinion none of them is lower than middle tier in melee parameters.

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
I like the buffed characters in PM(mostly Link and Zelda, only played the demo tho) but characters like falco, fox and marth don't feel pretty much the same, like, i feel my melee falco is way better than my P:M falco... something like that... but yeah, I only played the demo, and I know the current build it's way beyond that outdated codeset, I know you get this a lot, but I hope the patch dosen't take too long, great work so far btw

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Thank you so much for everyone who responded to my question! I feel now reassured that P:M will top Melee some day, sure it will take time P:M progresses every day whereas melee doesn't change. To be honest I don't feel like playing the demo anymore because Melee feels so much better and Ive seen how much P:M has improved since. I feel like to most important thing in P:M is the feel, it is hard to match or top Melee's feel but you will get there :) To the devs, thank you so much for making this project, take your time with the product people will wait :)

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
Regardless of whether P:M is ultimately better or worse than melee, this game is already a huge success :)
I don't know about that. 90% of the people following it have little to no access to anything but the demo. Let's see if we can say that AFTER everyone has a shot at playing it.

Shockna

Smash Cadet
So is PM Samus anything like Melee Samus? The website doesn't have a Samus description up yet D:

BalefireBoy83

Smash Rookie
For what it's worth, I think P:M even in it's unfinished state is miles better than Melee. Mostly due to the sheer variety of fun, unique and most importantly viable characters. The only top tier I ever enjoyed playing in Melee was Peach, all the others were pretty low, (Yoshi, DK, Ness). In P:M I'm absolutely in love with... Bowser, Ness, DDD, Snake, Yoshi, Pit, Metaknight, Diddy Kong, Lucas, Zero Suit, Peach, and I'm sure there are many, many others that I simply haven't had the time to explore that I'd also really enjoy. And they all seem viable and fun! Plus with more neutral stages it's just a much more varied game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom