• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Neko can't walljump irl. When he tries to, he just plunges through the walls.

He jelly.

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Damn, no one? I can see why people get disinterested in this.

EDIT:

Saw the stream, Snake's Fsmash with the knife looks really stupid. He just blindly slashes sideways? What in the sweet hell, do none of you take any form of martial arts? Why don't you put a legit knife attack in there.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Saw the stream, Snake's Fsmash with the knife looks really stupid. He just blindly slashes sideways? What in the sweet hell, do none of you take any form of martial arts? Why don't you put a legit knife attack in there.
Hi, some things are works in progress. That means we're not done with them.

Immature reactions like yours are why we don't like to show anything not 100% polished off to the public, good work.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Hi, some things are works in progress. That means we're not done with them.

Immature reactions like yours are why we don't like to show anything not 100% polished off to the public, good work.
Excuse me? I'm giving feedback, I already know it's not done.

Good going :awesome:

You mistake me for a noob around here. That doesn't mean you should attack feedback.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
I too am watching the stream I seen the MK part that was played I was thinking maybe he could get his moveset from Kirby's Return to Dreamland? I don't know just a suggestion.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
You mistake me for a noob around here. That doesn't mean you should attack feedback.
There's a difference between feedback and complaining. You were complaining. Pointlessly. Stop acting like a child if you don't want to be treated like one.

Nor do I care who you think you are.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
There's a difference between feedback and complaining. You were complaining. Pointlessly. Stop acting like a child if you don't want to be treated like one.

Nor do I care who you think you are.
Why is it pointless? It looks shoddy. And impractical, you should model it after a real knife attack. Or does no one in the PMBR know any knife fighting? I can try to get a video of legit knife fighting to point it out for you, cause that attack makes Snake look like a sissy noob. You take it too seriously though, it's just a suggestion, or can't you handle criticism?

BTW how am I acting childish? Just because I don't like the way you treat me or because I don't like the attack and I'm giving a suggestion to better it?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Why is it pointless? It looks shoddy. And impractical, you should model it after a real knife attack?
It will. That should have been stupefyingly obvious the second it was labeled as a work in progress. Criticizing something we already know is bad and plan to replace is stupid and a waste of time.

BTW how am I acting childish? Just because I don't like the way you treat me or because I don't like the attack and I'm giving a suggestion to better it?
"No response to my attempt to play with somebody on an emulator!? Project M is going to die!"

Or does no one in the PMBR know any knife fighting ... cause that attack makes Snake look like a sissy noob.
Bolded worthless inflammatory remarks.

You could have, and should have just asked "Snake's Fsmash animation doesn't look very good, is it a work in progress? The answer would have been yes. And that would have been that.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
It will. That should have been stupefyingly obvious the second it was labeled as a work in progress. Criticizing something we already know is bad and plan to replace is stupid and a waste of time.
How am I supposed to know what's gonna get changed? I never saw that particular move labeled as work in progress. Just labeling everything as WIP doesn't cut it because some original stuff never changed. And on top of that I'm just making sure you know it doesn't look good. Haven't seen anyone else complain. And before you say Check this thread more often. Think of this first, I have more important things to do, I stay up 3 days straight every week doing a ridiculous amount of homework. The fact that I can't follow this every day shouldn't be a legitimate reason for you to just freely attack a suggestion that's supposedly already been given.

"No response to my attempt to play with somebody on an emulator!? Project M is going to die!"
That 2nd quote is unrelated to my point here, don't drag it in. I was saying that from experience, I have 1 person I play, and we get bored without new people to play, same goes with the other 4 people who have played it at my house. You're greatly over-exaggerating something I said, it was never meant to imply that message to such an extreme, unless it's just you attacking me again. How nice.

Bolded worthless inflammatory remarks.

You could have, and should have just asked "Snake's Fsmash animation doesn't look very good, is it a work in progress? The answer would have been yes. And that would have been that.
So you don't like my blunt language? I thought that was more comedic, but if you don't think it's funny then ok. I told you not to take it seriously, should I make it super-polite? I talk blunt and that's that.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Why is it pointless? It looks shoddy. And impractical, you should model it after a real knife attack. Or does no one in the PMBR know any knife fighting?
I never realized knife fighting was so ubiquitous, but now that I think about it, it's extremely weird no one in the PMBR has at least some knife skills.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I never realized knife fighting was so ubiquitous, but now that I think about it, it's extremely weird no one in the PMBR has at least some knife skills.
It's not hard to look up some legit knife techniques if you're going to give a damn trained mercenary a knife attack.

I wasn't asking if anyone in the PMBR TOOK knife fighting classes. Reading Comprehension FTW.

Vigilante does. He made a reference video for jiang. It just hasn't been animated a bit better yet.
Sounds good. There someone knows their ****, just wanted to make sure. DONE on this subject.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
The Ike thing is a non issue. Stalling always has been banned at tournaments and its not tough to call someone on. If for some reason someone attempted it.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Vig looks like he is doing interpretive art dance when he does his knife stuff. It is very smooth and fluid, not really something from a fighting game.

Woops double post made useful

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Vig looks like he is doing interpretive art dance when he does his knife stuff. It is very smooth and fluid, not really something from a fighting game.

Woops double post made useful
What style does he use? Is it AMOK?

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Reading Comprehension FTW indeed.
Quite so, I don't see how that indicates TAKING knife fighting, you don't have to take it to have knowledge on it. :awesome: All you need is like 5 minutes of research for a good move.

Also, teh hell's up with Toon Link's Arrows? They look like Melee's and IIRC those suck, I thought the slow floaty arrows was a good aspect for him, making him far more reliant on his projectile game.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice

EDIT:

Good going :awesome:

Why is it pointless? It looks shoddy. And impractical, you should model it after a real knife attack. Or does no one in the PMBR know any knife fighting? I can try to get a video of legit knife fighting to point it out for you, cause that attack makes Snake look like a sissy noob. You take it too seriously though, it's just a suggestion, or can't you handle criticism?

It's not hard to look up some legit knife techniques if you're going to give a damn trained mercenary a knife attack.

I wasn't asking if anyone in the PMBR TOOK knife fighting classes. Reading Comprehension FTW.

Sounds good. There someone knows their ****, just wanted to make sure. DONE on this subject.
Quite so, I don't see how that indicates TAKING knife fighting, you don't have to take it to have knowledge on it. :awesome: All you need is like 5 minutes of research for a good move.

Also, teh hell's up with Toon Link's Arrows? They look like Melee's and IIRC those suck, I thought the slow floaty arrows was a good aspect for him, making him far more reliant on his projectile game.
is this guy for real?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
For Christ's sake, Akuma, just shut up. You started off on the wrong foot and you've been digging yourself into a hole this entire conversation.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Yep, reading comprehension wins again.
Dude, all I can say, is you got the wrong idea, entirely. Like way left field, I don't see one bit how you jump to that conclusion.

is this guy for real?
Yes, fo shizzle

For Christ's sake, Akuma, just shut up. You started off on the wrong foot and you've been digging yourself into a hole this entire conversation.
I strongly disagree.

Akuma doesn't dig holes. He delivers raging demons.

Indeed, quite so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom