• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Akuma, please knock it off. Is all of this really over the knife thing? Shadic said more than once that it is unfinished, wait for the real deal before criticizing how it looks.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Damn you, Peef, now I have to tell them. I'm modeling for animations and giving ideas. E.g. I am Jiang's new lackey :p. But Pleas eod not posts the vids here. I don,t want poeple to see me look so silly.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
You know what would be cool? The addition of another MGS character to accompany Snake. Like Raiden or Gray Fox. =D

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Akuma, please knock it off. Is all of this really over the knife thing? Shadic said more than once that it is unfinished, wait for the real deal before criticizing how it looks.
It WAS, quite a while ago, but now:

Ha ha, that's a great pic.
Now it's just about the laughs, you all misunderstand me waaaaaaay too much, I'm not quite as cereal as you believe

EDIT: Just saw Sonic's Downsmash, epic

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Complete the clone engine and we have a deal.
I don't think a clone engine is needed to pull this off. Can't the BR team just grab a character whose attributes best fit the intended design and mold a completely new character out of it? It's been done countless times.

meh i would rather spring for a new 3rd party series like megaman i would think that another mgs chracter would be too similar to snake to be all that interesting
Too similar to Snake? Have you played MGS2? Raiden and Gray Fox each wield a sword. IMO Raiden would be a better choice to add(assuming this were possible) because he was a main character in MGS2, not to mention playable. You could base his moveset off of ike since they have a similar fighting stance. Just a thought :embarrass:

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
Why is it pointless? It looks shoddy. And impractical, you should model it after a real knife attack. Or does no one in the PMBR know any knife fighting? I can try to get a video of legit knife fighting to point it out for you,...
i want to see you in a video in a knife fight.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
Too similar to Snake? Have you played MGS2? Raiden and Gray Fox each wield a sword. IMO Raiden would be a better choice to add(assuming this were possible) because he was a main character in MGS2, not to mention playable. You could base his moveset off of ike since they have a similar fighting stance. Just a thought :embarrass:
Actually i havent :ohwell: i just pictured an army guy with a bunch of projectiles and stuff (basically just snake) but in that case do we really need another person with a sword? Megaman still wins

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
You know what would be cool? The addition of another MGS character to accompany Snake. Like Raiden or Gray Fox. =D
If and only if Raiden has
1. The Cartwheel of Peril (TM) as his running attack and,
2. a custom color scheme where I can play as his MGS2 no-clothes model. NO HOMO- IT'S CANON

MaxThunder

PM Support
I don't think a clone engine is needed to pull this off. Can't the BR team just grab a character whose attributes best fit the intended design and mold a completely new character out of it? It's been done countless times.
... wouldn@t you need it to put the character in the game without replacing anyone?...

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Actually i havent :ohwell: i just pictured an army guy with a bunch of projectiles and stuff (basically just snake) but in that case do we really need another person with a sword? Megaman still wins
You say it like half the cast are sword wielders, when in fact there are only five lol but if you're suggesting Megaman Zero(blue megaman is just so lame). I'm all for it.

If and only if Raiden has
1. The Cartwheel of Peril (TM) as his running attack and,
2. a custom color scheme where I can play as his MGS2 no-clothes model. NO HOMO- IT'S CANON
LMFAO the nakedness of Raiden in MGS2 was so unexpected and his cartwheel attack is so awesome. Kinda fruity. :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Personally, I think Shadic's reaction was a bit unwarranted. Sure, Akuma could have phrased things a bit better, but we shouldn't be streaming things that we don't want feedback on.

my $0.02

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Personally, I think Shadic's reaction was a bit unwarranted. Sure, Akuma could have phrased things a bit better, but we shouldn't be streaming things that we don't want feedback on.

my $0.02
I agree. If we stream it, we have to expect it to be able to field attitudes, good and bad. A generic Project:M "yeah we are working on it" should do, considering the team's (outstanding) track record.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Dude if you are going to stream put in a legitimate effort to make it watchable. It was frozen at least half the time, and was 10fps when not frozen. I was there in chat offering you help for 15 minutes but you never responded.
Oh please. Your stream is no better. You say "talk ****" so I do yet I'm muted almost every time. Don't be a *****cat.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Oh please. Your stream is no better. You say "talk ****" so I do yet I'm muted almost every time. Don't be a *****cat.
My stream doesn't lag.

I said "talk ****" back in the old days when I could respond to everyone but I can't anymore so its annoying. If I or one of the mods time you out for that, the stream is still perfectly clear, smooth and watchable.

shanus

Smash Hero
peef quit the ****, congrats on being able to run a stream at high quality, you deserve a medal

everyone else: stop being dumb too, stop flaming each other and post constructive things

Instead, lets talk about ideas for ivysaur

PEEF!

Smash Hero
peef quit the ****, congrats on being able to run a stream at high quality, you deserve a medal

everyone else: stop being dumb too

Instead, lets talk about ideas for ivysaur
I'm just saying I can help make it watchable.

Ivysaur should have a strong anti-air.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Man, it got toasty in here.

I apologize for my super salty comment earlier, Akuma. That picture of Akuma sipping tea completely made my day.

D

Deleted member

Make Ivy's ftilt knock her enemies up and in front of her like Sheik's ftilt.

Her dtilt already covers the safe poke option to knock them back and her up tilt is good for a juggle or two, so the other functions of her tilts are there.

Theoretically she may be able to ftilt to grab, fsmash, up smash, utilt, dash attack, or fair.

Will give her a bit more combo ability on a move that is a bit more risky to use in ideal form.

Change bullet seed.

Never liked it and looks dumb imo. Serves little to no purpose as far as I've seen

Change to sleep powder/stun spore/poison powder for her neutral b. Cycle between the three and edit existing animation/projectiles from her bullet seed perhaps?

Maybe you guys can use a similar animation to her up smash and edit in stun, sleep, and poison effects

Reduce range on her bair because she can be campy and lame with razor leaf. Alter properties as necessary to keep move good

Give a down-b. Suppose it can't be a projectile as I've learned you guys cant make projectiles outta thin air (Reason why I suggested neutral b to be changed into powders/spores).

Creativity inspired by Pokemon could do it.

Petal dance or growth could be a good down-b concept maybe

Most importantly cooler taunts

9Kplus1

Smash Master
CONVENIENCE! Holy God, I just woke up from a dream about Ivy:M! Her bulb kept getting bigger and bigger with every Uair, until it blossomed with shanus, magus, sb, and shadic posting about how P:M was going to have a 60% trip rate in the next build!

... but before the bad part happened, I think that my brain pooped out a fun idea for Ivy: Bulb charging. Replace Bullet Seed (or use it as her new down B) with a charge that increases the power and range of Ivy's bulb attacks. Consequentially, said moves will have much longer start-up and ending lag. Decrease the power, start-up, and ending lag of Uair so it can juggle and combo better; this leaves with a 'charged' Uair, Fsmash, and Fair as her most reliable kill options. Bam, Ivy has another combo, anti-air, and solid kill option as well as a buff for moves that were pretty situational anyway (Usmash is slow as balls, but if it kills at 50% without a smash charge, that's cool, as would her Dair boost being chargeable).

Grounded Vine Whip seems like a potentially good AA option for Ivy -- maybe decrease the start-up and cooldown and increase the bkg for low % combos? Idk, Utilt, Bair, and Bull**** Seed seem like p. good AA options atm; the former two are fast and have uses outside of AA while the latter is a fun punish for people who forget that Ivy can push 30%~ from the top of its bulb.

Also,Ivy's dash attack could use IASA frames so she can do some naughty stuff to shields or set some utilt / nair / uthrow shenanigans up.

and wtf? Ivy's taunts are freeeeee.
and double wtf? Puff has a stupid *** "hitbox when nothing is there" Bair; DK's Bair is cute, long, and extremely useful; Ganon's Bair is gay, too. Ivy's Bair shouldn't be reduced in range if lots of other characters get dumber ones
Back to my 12-hour long hibernation practice...

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Make Ivy's ftilt knock her enemies up and in front of her like Sheik's ftilt.
That'd be pretty cool, actually. Though I do kinda like her Brawl FTilt.

Her dtilt already covers the safe poke option to knock them back and her up tilt is good for a juggle or two, so the other functions of her tilts are there.

Theoretically she may be able to ftilt to grab, fsmash, up smash, utilt, dash attack, or fair.

Will give her a bit more combo ability on a move that is a bit more risky to use in ideal form.
Always nice.

Change bullet seed.

Never liked it and looks dumb imo. Serves little to no purpose as far as I've seen
In vBrawl the move is god tier. Tends to do at least 30%, and can do upwards of 50% on some characters. I'm not sure if it's the fallspeeds or what, but when I used her in Project M once, they dropped straight down through it and punished me... got USmashed by Fox, made me cry inside.

Change to sleep powder/stun spore/poison powder for her neutral b. Cycle between the three and edit existing animation/projectiles from her bullet seed perhaps?
Never been a fan of powder attacks.

Reduce range on her bair because she can be campy and lame with razor leaf. Alter properties as necessary to keep move good
Nothing wrong with a good camp game :/

Most importantly cooler taunts
Saur IvySAUR!

Also here's an idea for Down-B: Protect. Ivysaur's an inherently defensive character. Perhaps if protect gave some minor invincibility, or perhaps even just super armour (though that'd be endure), help Ivysaur to escape combo pressure, aid recovery, etc.

Personally I've always viewed the idea of a down-special as something defensive, or something that aids mobility (like Wizkick or shine). And yeah I'm well aware Shine is used pretty offensively, but it's pretty obvious it was designed with a defensive use in mind, since it reflects.

Actually I'ma go through a list of Ivysaur's moves and suggest things. Worst that can happen is you don't use any of them, best that can happen

Also, from talking with a friend of mine, a thought he had:

Him: i had an alternative suggestion
how about ingrain?
you can only use it on the ground
it autocancels
and it gives 'saur a much stronger ground game
'cause he wins any damage trade
of course, it would need some startup

Me: Also it should reduce knockback.

Him: but i think it could be cancelable
yes, it should
thats why it needs startup lag
among other reasons
otherwise
take attack with ingrain
autocancel into smash
-> profit

Could still heal a litlle, but it'd be mostly used for it's "grounding" effect.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
if it's possible, it'd be kinda cool to give ivy an anti-air grab as a special. like, if she's on the ground, vines shoot out at an angle (i guess like upb, actually...) and grab the opp, then... profit!

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
Give Ivysaur a biting attack animation, probably on Fsmash or dash attack. Just look at those fangs!

My other suggestions and opinions have been stated before. Although I don't think Ivy's recovery needs buffing anymore due to the tether advancement, so Sludge Bomb has overtaken Solar Beam as my favored Down-B.
And I still think a stability property would be interesting, appropriate, and work great for an envisioned ground-game-based Ivysaur, though I still don't know exactly what. Constant crouch cancel (or just the decreased knockback sans the ASDI effect) and/or real heavy armor on crouch are the best I got, though the latter may cramp Bowser's style.

How does the BR feel about re-purposing items into characters' personal projectiles (which I think is possible)? I'd assume you're against it, else you would have already done it. Though I'm not sure why, since you've also stated that items are not your concern, and there are some no one would miss.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
poison, stun, and sleep should be somewere in her moveset. maybe up and down air could have hit boxes like zelda's new fair. tiny hit box that are potent with sleep or a large amount of stun like ZSS. Upair would have the stun tiny hit box so opponents can be stunned in mid air a set up for ivys up b maybe. Someone said somthing about up b grabing out the air that'd be good with this type of up air. Could posibly get opponent stuck in a upthrow, upair, up b chain if the DI is bad. down air would have the tiny sleep hitbox since it would normaly hit enimies below her.

down b could be Bide. sort of like G&W's down b but it works for all attacks and not just energy attacks. it cant be held indefinately and She'll still take damage so it would be sort of like olimars down b in that sense. After three hits, down b could unleashes the same amount of damage that she recieved(or some resonable percent of that damage) with about the same KB as G&W's bucket. someone mentioned cut before i think thats a good move for neutral b. goes through shields with about 8 damage and a set KB so it won't kill.

Ftilit should swipe her vine instead of the leaves and make her have aimable ftilts. I like the idea of a sheik like KB and angle on her ftilt too . Maybe a sweet spot at the tip of the whip with more KB.
down tilt can just be replaced by her old ftilt the leaf spining thing.

Upsmash can have the poison effect but keep all its original kill power and slow start up.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
i want to see you in a video in a knife fight.
Never said I knew how to knife fight... Well I know knife defenses, but that's to disarm people, not attack, though I know the first set of AMOK standard attacks but that's the extent of it

my $0.02
Man, it got toasty in here.

I apologize for my super salty comment earlier, Akuma. That picture of Akuma sipping tea completely made my day.
Thank you

Also, makin it my avatar lol

On Topic: I can't recall asking it before, but how fast can you walk while still having Link's shield stop projectiles?

Pimpfish

Smash Journeyman
someone should check out ivysaurs most effective moveset in the pokemon section of SWF. you could get some serious inspiration there.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Ivysaur isn't used in competitive play, but Venusaur is. Her most effective moveset is probably Sleep Powder, Sludge Bomb, Leaf Storm and Synthesis. Some successful builds use Power Whip.

I hadn't thought about using a "Hidden Power" to fill in a pokemon's gap, but it might be possible to do right.

Vaerix

Smash Journeyman
Currently, growth, earthquake, energy ball, and a hidden power are the most common moves. Also seed bomb for physical attacks. I think the most interesting option, if it hasn't been said yet, is growth. I figure it'd function similarly to psi up, except only on specials. Upb could have a bigger sweetspot hitbox under this effect, and razor leaf could travel faster. However, like psi up, the move would have to be used again in order to gain the effect for another move.

:phone:

Rikana

Smash Champion
I feel like Growth should be timer based rather than growth per move. Maybe around 30 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom