• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
If possible, allow Ivy to gather sunlight over time and after a certain point the bulb glows and at that time, attack power increases or the player can press down B and use Synthesis to restore %

ValTroX

Smash Ace
It was a joke man, though technically Squirtle CAN drown in water, he's a turtle and turtles need air. The hp recovery idea could be broken or just useless, depending on how much % it recovers. I honestly would like a different downb even though I have no good ideas.

Wampa

Smash Rookie
If possible, allow Ivy to gather sunlight over time and after a certain point the bulb glows and at that time, attack power increases or the player can press down B and use Synthesis to restore %
i think it would be intersting to have the whole sunlight gathering thing that would lead to like solarbeam or something kinda like warios fart

JOE!

Smash Hero
@above

...did nobody see my post on the Down B, i went over Clorophyl/Grwoth ideas based around a timer ala Wario Raft, which could be written off ala gathering sunlight or whatever XD

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Well to be perfectly canon, let's have Ivy's overgrow ability(assuming this feat can be coded). A damage boost when % is over 100(rough estimate). This kinda sounds familiar doesn't? Yes, this was Lucario's old fighting system back in that game who shall not be named. He had a massive damage boost when he was in the red zone, so to speak. Maybe this system could work for Ivy? It makes A LOT of sense.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Yeah, twitch.tv's chat keeps flaking out (and I know it's not just my computer since we've tried it on multiple computers with different browsers) and I'm tired of dealing with it.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Well to be perfectly canon, let's have Ivy's overgrow ability(assuming this feat can be coded). A damage boost when % is over 100(rough estimate). This kinda sounds familiar doesn't? Yes, this was Lucario's old fighting system back in that game who shall not be named. He had a massive damage boost when he was in the red zone, so to speak. Maybe this system could work for Ivy? It makes A LOT of sense.
Not really, especially in the context of Melee. Why should a player be rewarded for doing badly? Also, my eyes thank you for changing your font color.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Rewarding players for getting hit? Sounds great.

The aura system wasn't removed because they thought a new system would be cool, and every reason to remove it would be a valid reason not to put it back in.

Yeah, twitch.tv's chat keeps flaking out (and I know it's not just my computer since we've tried it on multiple computers with different browsers) and I'm tired of dealing with it.
It sucks when that happens, I usually refresh a couple of times to see if I can get it work, but lately I've just had to watch the streams without the chat.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Watching now. Peef, what's up with Lucas? I noticed some new moves.

And PK Thunder is different now?

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice
thought to consider for Ness: make the tail on his Up+B about twice as long. This way if he circles it around himself to recover, the tail is continually shielding him from attacks from above (with the exclusion of disjointed hitboxes going through)

this also allows him to use the move defensively to try and keep players from recovering by having a big *** wall of lightning cover an area that they're forced to recover through.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
thought to consider for Ness: make the tail on his Up+B about twice as long. This way if he circles it around himself to recover, the tail is continually shielding him from attacks from above (with the exclusion of disjointed hitboxes going through)

this also allows him to use the move defensively to try and keep players from recovering by having a big *** wall of lightning cover an area that they're forced to recover through.
That thing moves pretty fast, and getting hit by the tackle is punishable enough; I don't think he needs anything else to defend his up-B, but that's just me.

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
if you guys are sticking with wolf's jump cancel laser, i think it should come out faster. it seems sort of irrelevant as it is. If it came out around 4 or 6, rather than what it is now which seems like 12, you could do laser --> wavelands on platform stages and come down with an aerial.

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I played Project M for the first time today, and I just want to say you guys have done an incredible job making it! Keep it up! :D

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Twitch's chat is fine, you might be using the wrong browser? You also might need a flash update. Myself and all of my chat and the 3 other streamers I just asked have had no problems whatsoever.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Twitch's chat is fine, you might be using the wrong browser? You also might need a flash update. Myself and all of my chat and the 3 other streamers I just asked have had no problems whatsoever.
I tried in both Firefox and Chrome, and the chat just stops updating after about 5 minutes in both (and I know I have the latest flash). cmart tried it on his mac and was having problems as well.

:phone:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
the only issues i've had with twitch chat are it not loading when i open a stream once or twice and not fixing itself after refreshing. i just have to wait it out, even if it took about 15 minutes once.

Cero

Smash Lord
I asked this a few dozen pages back but it got ignored.

What happened to the prospect of coding in light shields? No one ever talks about them anymore.

Cero

Smash Lord
In Melee, you can lightly press a trigger to bring up what was called a "light shield". It was a bigger version of the "hard shield" (the only shield you see in Brawl).

I believe it had less shield stun than the hard shield when under shield pressure and it allowed the character to slide farther away as well. It also shrank slower than the hard shield.

When Yoshi was hit in his light shield, he'd slide a ridiculous distance (comparable to Samus' SWD or Luigi's wavedash).

One application is baiting your opponent into hitting your light shield while on a platform. This would make you fall off and then you could immediately retaliate with an aerial.

There's a famous application for light shielding vs. a recovering Marth. Roll to the edge so that the back of your character is touching the ledge. Light shield and tilt the shield so that it's enveloping the edge itself. Once Marth up-B's towards the edge trying to sweetspot, the tip of his blade will hit your shield, pushing you backwards into an automatic edge hog.

... So, yeah. About those light shields. :bee:

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
In Melee, you can lightly press a trigger to bring up what was called a "light shield". It was a bigger version of the "hard shield" (the only shield you see in Brawl).

I believe it had less shield stun than the hard shield when under shield pressure and it allowed the character to slide farther away as well. It also shrank slower than the hard shield.

When Yoshi was hit in his light shield, he'd slide a ridiculous distance (comparable to Samus' SWD or Luigi's wavedash).

You could bait people into hitting your light shield while on a platform. This would make you fall off and then you could immediately retaliate with an aerial.
Ah that's what you meant. I didn't know that light pressing a trigger would activate the light shield. I always did it by holding the Z button lol That shield had some Smash 64 qualities to it, almost impervious.

Cero

Smash Lord
Ah that's what you meant. I didn't know that light pressing a trigger would activate the light shield. I always did it by holding the Z button lol That shield had some Smash 64 qualities to it, almost impervious.
Oh, okay. Lol.

You know what I'm talking about... And that paragraph up there was for naught. :ohwell:

Anyways, is light shielding still being worked on?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Or just hold on your shoulder buttons lightly so you don't waste frames grabbing?

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom