• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cero

Smash Lord
So the non-backwards Wii can play Gamecube games but just doesn't have the controller ports?

And it's the same price as the regular Wii? Lame.

Cero

Smash Lord
Oh, lol. You know what?

I totally forgot about Brawl and automatically assumed they were talking about a GC-like controller for playing Melee.

Apparently I forgot that P:M uses a Brawl disk as well. :dizzy:

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Main reason I have all that is because I joined the military after college. A good friend of mine can't afford tv or internet either though, so I feel for ya.

And wow, almost forgot about Thanksgiving with the busy week I've been having. Only thing that would make it better would be if I was home to spend it with my gf.

But geez, what were they thinking making non-BC Wii's? That's the whole reason I skipped the PS3.

jalued

Smash Lord
Main reason I have all that is because I joined the military after college. A good friend of mine can't afford tv or internet either though, so I feel for ya.

And wow, almost forgot about Thanksgiving with the busy week I've been having. Only thing that would make it better would be if I was home to spend it with my gf.

But geez, what were they thinking making non-BC Wii's? That's the whole reason I skipped the PS3.
I'm even more confused as to what market they are aiming at. Why would anyone buy a wii now (with or without GC compatability)?

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Backwards compatibility has been shafted this generation and will be in the next with the Wii-U not supporting GC controllers,the Vita not playing UMDs and the 3DS NOT playing GBA games - and it sucks big time.

This is why you should try to keep your old consoles.

Link me to the CC that looks like a GC controller please.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
You can download GBA games on the 3DS at least. But yeah I get what you're saying. Thank God for emulators.

:phone:

Alm5252

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ALM5252
The way I see it with the new Wii's not having BC is like this:

They needed to lower the cost of the system, and everybody who hasn't gotten a Wii yet (in their eyes) were probably not all that interested in GameCube compatibility. I mean, anyone who truly wanted a Wii would have gotten one by now (in their eyes). The ones who would be buying a Wii this late in its life are late adopters, who might not even care for BC.

Just my $0.02.

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
The way I see it with the new Wii's not having BC is like this:

They needed to lower the cost of the system, and everybody who hasn't gotten a Wii yet (in their eyes) were probably not all that interested in GameCube compatibility. I mean, anyone who truly wanted a Wii would have gotten one by now (in their eyes). The ones who would be buying a Wii this late in its life are late adopters, who might not even care for BC.

Just my $0.02.
This. Also consider majority of those who purchased a wii are people who are interested in **** like Hannah Montana's Bizzare Adventure. :glare:

Innerscope

Smash Apprentice
Something tells me I made a mistake when I chose the wii over the ps3 and xbox360 >_>

On topic: Does Wolf have the "same" special moveset that Fox has, or is it completely different?

Mono.

Stopmotion Love.
Something tells me I made a mistake when I chose the wii over the ps3 and xbox360 >_>

On topic: Does Wolf have the "same" special moveset that Fox has, or is it completely different?
Wait, lemme edit that because it's obvious what you mean.

But yeah from what I saw, it's pretty much the same thing. Not sure if it's gonna change or not though.

phurgawtin

Smash Apprentice

he has the same special moveset as his vBrawl counterpart, with minor exceptions.

his laser is both jump cancellable and airdodge cancellable (now if only it were dash cancellable, too)

his Fire Wolf (Up+B) doesn't completely cause him to fall like a brick straight down after the move finishes. You have control over his prone DI just like Fox or Falco's recovery.

his Reflector/Shine is jump cancellable

and his Wolf Flash (Side+B), if you sweetspot the attack, doesn't cause you to fall prone afterwards, allowing you to do anything you normally would do while airborne.

As far as Wolf's non-special moveset is concerned, other than lagtime, DI, knockback trajectory, and other things like that which are hard to discern the differences of from just watching streams, the only moves of his that I've seen completely redesigned are his Dash Attack, Back Throw, and Upsmash.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Backwards compatibility has been shafted this generation and will be in the next with the Wii-U not supporting GC controllers, ... and the 3DS NOT playing GBA games
Those are TWO generations back, so it's understandable that they're not supported. But the regular Wii losing GCN support is as dumb as the DSi losing GBA games: that's direct BC that they're removing, and they're gimping some of their own games on that system that use those features (such as 4th gen Pokemon not being able to use Pal Park, or the numerous Wii games that allow GCN controllers).

Ecks

Smash Lord
It is backward compatible. Just turn it off and you'll be playing nothing, just like before.

All of Ness' aerials are **** (nair isn't as **** as the others tho). Specially now that he has 64 dair.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
So Lucas has seen a few experiments, one in particular i'd like to discussis his dsmash. And i'm not sure if you guys can do this but why not keep his old one but alter it's capabilities. Obviously the old one was hanously punishable. But could you guys make it so the dsmash uncharged only hits the ground once, thus making it safer. Basically this would make his old dsmash look like M2's one, one solid hit to the ground. But a charged dsmash does all three hits like his old one use to, just make it so they link to each other for extra damage perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom