• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure Nintendo will make a new CC for the Wii U that plugs into the tablet or is wireless.

Starscream

Smash Ace
The GC controller is to Smash what a fight stick is to any 2D fighting game. Even Sakurai designed Brawl around the GC controller, IIRC. Nintendo would be missing a real opportunity to not release some sort of GC type controller for Smash 4.

rk-9000

Smash Apprentice
dont get your hopes up for wii u gc smash, smash 4 is probably gonna be brawl 2 not melee 2 so even if they make a decent controller for it the games gonna blow

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
QQ Is it true that the currently-produced Japan-only white GC controllers are lower-quality than the original controllers?

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
QQ Is it true that the currently-produced Japan-only white GC controllers are lower-quality than the original controllers?
I've heard that the sticks are more like what's on the classic controllers, which I personally find inferior.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Not sure if you guys knew this already, but the WiiU model we all saw at E3 was NOT the final product. That was just the beta phase and we'll all see the final form when it's released next year. Hopefully by then, they rethink the design and add some GC ports. Or perhaps(my own personal theory) they'll release some official Nintendo licensed USB plug in to house the GC controller ports for WiiU. Since coincidentally it has about 4 USB ports atm. Thoughts?

Rikana

Smash Champion
More like. "Oh ****. People don't like it. Let's just tell them its a prototype so we can invest more time into building something else."

metroid1117

Smash Master
What has happened to this thread...?

Random question - in Brawl, there's no way to SDI with the C-stick if you have it set to "Attack"; is there a way to fix this in P:M, or is this a result of how the C-stick mechanics work?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Not sure if you guys knew this already, but the WiiU model we all saw at E3 was NOT the final product. That was just the beta phase and we'll all see the final form when it's released next year. Hopefully by then, they rethink the design and add some GC ports. Or perhaps(my own personal theory) they'll release some official Nintendo licensed USB plug in to house the GC controller ports for Wii U. Since coincidentally it has about 4 USB ports atm. Thoughts?
Considering Nintendo didn't feature the console's design at all in their presentation... yeah, it's just a prototype. I hope they make it look less like the Wii, at least by color scheme.

The redesigned Wii that will be available this winter doesn't have GameCube support (so terribad), so the Wii U most likely won't have GC support either. About the USB ports... Nintendo isn't smart/practical enough to allow good use of USB; the original Wii's USB ports were only officially used for the LAN adapter (a stupid design flaw), so don't get your hopes up for anything good from the ports. However, Nintendo is adopting a not-stupid online system this time, so maybe they're leaning towards a more modular "computer"-type console, like the PS3 (which I believe can back up saves to hard drives, for example).

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I have both a Ps3 and Wii, and all i can say is i'll be SHOCKED if the WiiU can even compare to the Ps3. Psn has faults but im positive it will still be better then anything Nintendo comes up with. THe only improvment i've seen from the WiiU is updated graphics, which probably still won't be better then the other two systems. And unless Third parties developers embrace WiiU it is bound to fail to appeal to ANY hardcore gamer. Most people will buy it only for SSB4 and Zelda/Mario.

Also nintendo needs to get over thier fetish with protecting little kids from the "3v|Ls of the interwebz." Enough with friend codes, wii speak, limited friend lists, and other stupid **** like that.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
I gave up on Nintendo after its biggest disappointment, the Gamecube. Nothing Nintendo could possibly **** out will ever compare to the easily superior consoles out on the market now.

Back on topic... so about Charizard's Dsmash -- does it boast better tech chasing potential, or serve a completely different use? I probably asked this before, but that was likely long ago, so maybe it's received some changes?

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
...I can see it pretty clearly... Let's count the good games, shall we?

1. Super Smash Melee

And that's it on my list... Granted, that game is SO good that I've logged more hours playing it than sleeping, but the point remains.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Nothing Nintendo could possibly **** out will ever compare to the easily superior consoles out on the market now.
This is the saddest part of Nintendo we all know they CAN produce a superior console. All their profits get poured into R&D, but R&D is using that money to research stupid stuff like WiiU. If Nintendo wanted, which they clearly don't, they could make a "hardcore console" in a breeze. But they are so hung up on a family console now, they forgot about the fans that made them who they are.

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
...I can see it pretty clearly... Let's count the good games, shall we?

1. Super Smash Melee

And that's it on my list... Granted, that game is SO good that I've logged more hours playing it than sleeping, but the point remains.
Mario Sunshine, metroid prime 1 and 2. Resident evil 0,1,2,3,4 code Veronica. Zelda:Twilight princess. Melee of course, zelda: wind waker. Shall I go on?

Put it like this: Would you rather grab a chipped plastic spoon instead of a loaded rifle in the middle of a gunfight?
That's most ******** thing I've ever read. The worst analogy of all time, I fail to see how this pertains to the Gamecube being a disappointment.

9Kplus1

Smash Master
Calling an opinion "********" and blowing it off, doesn't contribute anything to an argument like this, let alone push it anywhere. In addition, if you want to bring 'good' games into this, then at least exclude games shared by other consoles. You can't deny that each console (handheld excluded, as the GBA and DS are far too convenient to be considered bad) after the N64 only shows Nintendo's steady decline, especially when compared to the large fanbases and great series's that were birthed by the Xbox and PS2.

Also, a chipped plastic spoon is as deadly as a butcher knife js

EDIT: Any attempt at bashing Nintendo, including that analogy (which has a lot more depth than you're making note of), is my opinion. Now back to the viability of Charizard's Dsmash...

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
Calling an opinion "********" and blowing it off, doesn't contribute anything to an argument like this, let alone push it anywhere. In addition, if you want to bring 'good' games into this, then at least exclude games shared by other consoles. You can't deny that each console (handheld excluded, as the GBA and DS are far too convenient to be considered bad) after the N64 only shows Nintendo's steady decline, especially when compared to the large fanbases and great series's that were birthed by the Xbox and PS2.

Also, a chipped plastic spoon is as deadly as a butcher knife js
I didn't call your opinion of the GameCube ********, I was referring to your god awful analogy.

BLARGG

Smash Rookie
Mario Sunshine, metroid prime 1 and 2. Resident evil 0,1,2,3,4 code Veronica. Zelda:Twilight princess. Melee of course, zelda: wind waker. Shall I go on?
Never really got into the metroid prime thing. First person platforming's not really my thing. Mario sunshine? ...Really? Huh... I mean, I GUESS it has an audience. I'll hand you Twilight Princess. And you forgot Tales of Symphonia (so did I, I guess).

I think it's more that there's just such a low concentration of good games. When I think back to what I play on the SNES or N64, the list is pretty much endless.

But we're going off topic again. I think Lucas was the last character mentioned. I think that dsmash has its place, mostly around the ledge. Edgeguarding against fox/falco is easier with the dsmash than pretty much any other option, imo. Of course, this is P:M demo logic talking...

Jonny Westside

S4mus Fiend
NNID
Jonny-Westside
3DS FC
4098-3340-4061
The current experimental Dsmash for Lucas is getting scrapped if thats what your referring to Blargg. Someone suggested that Lucas should just have an edited version of his Brawl Dsmash, meaning that an uncharged attack would only hit the ground once. While a charged attack would hit all three times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom