• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord

Vigilante

Smash Lord
has landing detection been fixed yet?
Lol, a long time ago. The only things remaining are little landing animation bugs that we know about and know how to fix. But in most cases, the only reason they're not all fixed it because it would be a hassle to fix them when they are subject to change, lol.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
There is no SVN. We actually get all of our files from packages that self-destruct five minutes after we opened them.

JOE!

Smash Hero
I posted a thing on Smashmods like, last month that had:

-Ability to cancel HA after-hit
-Sonic Eagle (the new Fair)
-Insta-Shield Nair (tho in this the "air" doesnt have slight disjoint)
-Sonic Flare Dsmash (looks more like the source material now lol)

ya..

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Ness is pretty good. Just the ability to D-air on frame 1 and making his bad attacks useful is a big plus. There's much more to him too.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
In melee Ness had three fundenmental flaws that destroyed him,

-First, his recovery was total balls.
-Secondly he had very good aerials, but had absolute pis-poor range on them. DJC'ing helped a bit by giving him great aerial movement, but wasnt the full answer. Range in general was a problem.
-Third he had no real CC options. His dsmash would always wiff, dtilt could be CC right back, same with ftilt and jab and fsmash took to long.

All these are addressed in P:M from what I can see.
-recovery is miles better
-they kept the brawl range of most his aerials, plus most of his moveset looks to have better range, like ftilt. Usmash, Dsmash, jab, GRAB O THX THE LORD GRAB RANGE.
-his dtilt hits up/launches, dsmash looks like it will HIT something.

As a Ness main he looks perfect atm. The only thing left I would suggest is make his downB activate frame 1 like a shine, and have a cooldown of like 1-3 frames. Then you know, ness could actually use it to absorb something on reaction and not get punished for it. I dream of being able to absorb lasers without worrying about the lag on psiMagnet.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
-Ability to cancel HA after-hit
-Sonic Eagle (the new Fair)
-Insta-Shield Nair (tho in this the "air" doesnt have slight disjoint)
-Sonic Flare Dsmash (looks more like the source material now lol)
I'm not sure on HA canceling, but the rest of them have been ideas floating around in the PMBR for a long time now. Sonic Flare has been part of the main build for at least six months now. (You're welcome, Sonic mains. :bee:) Sonic Eagle has been proposed a few times, but never acted on until the resident Sonic mains decided to make their character more interesting. :smirk:

Insta-shield Nair has been an idea since B+. :awesome:

That said, Sonic fans should keep an eye out for some more possible changes. We're really trying to bring more spice to the character.

cmart

Smash Lord
HA canceling has also been around forever, as far as I can tell. We just tweaked the cancels to make them more useful. So... yeah sorry Joe. Great minds think alike?

jalued

Smash Lord
Ness is pretty good. Just the ability to D-air on frame 1 and making his bad attacks useful is a big plus. There's much more to him too.
are alot of characters being given 1 frame moves? it seems like a running theme atm:

Ness's dair
Sonic's downB
ZSS's jab

i guess it makes sense if you are wanting to compete with melee top tiers

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
ZSS's jab came out on frame 1 in Brawl (not "given" it), and the other two come out on like frame 5. Frame 1 is a big deal and it's not something we're handing out like candy.

The only other non-shine moves I can think of that come out on frame 1 are Squirtle's jab (from Brawl), and G&W's up-B. Though I may be forgetting something.

Time/SpaceMage

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0190-1986-7622
Lucas's jab was frame 2 iirc. How is his AAA combo? I found it really hard to connect with the 3rd hit in the demo.

I R MarF

Smash Ace
ZSS's jab came out on frame 1 in Brawl (not "given" it), and the other two come out on like frame 5. Frame 1 is a big deal and it's not something we're handing out like candy.

The only other non-shine moves I can think of that come out on frame 1 are Squirtle's jab (from Brawl), and G&W's up-B. Though I may be forgetting something.
A what frame is Marth invincible during counter? I read somewhere it was 1, but i'm not sure.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know Brawl Mario's Up-B is invincible frame 1 until a frame after the first hitbox comes out.

Also I'm pretty sure Ness 64 DAir was frame 3. I'd have to check (I did some pretty in-depth frame data working on Brawl 64)

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Well. It seems like only Kirisame is gonna be over here today. So expect Ike vs the World.

He'll be here later tho.

Ill also be making dinner tonight so expect slow downs later on tonight. V:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom