• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

leelue

Smash Lord
For everyone
Apparently, mario's frame data is better than docs. I don't remember on what moves, but it is a decent hunk. So I'm going to straight make unresearched claims saying that mario got oldmario's frame data, doc's damage'KB on most moves, a better dair, and these **** streamers on his tricycle.

Obv top tier

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
Don't make unresearched claims
Such conduct is unbecoming of a backro....
Oh wait
You don't work well with others
#[REJECTED]

Place lower in tournaments plz

:phone:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if controller johns or character johns are worse.

I'm tempted to go with character johns since that's much easier to circumvent than a "bad controller."

What about Sonic's dair?
Wario's makes sense considering the application of the move in Wario Land in conjunction with Smash mechanics. In Wario Land he can end the ground pound at any time just by releasing down, so it makes some sense that it could cancel in a similar fashion in PM. Sonic never really does anything like his dair in any game, and he already has a ******** recovery, so the parallels really aren't there.

I kind of want to see how other Wario Land attributes can be better applied to a Smash enviornment. Right now he's sort of 1/2 Brawl Wario 1/3 Wario Land Wario and 1/6th new character designed for PM.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Going to my first P:M this weekend, really hyped for it. Afraid I'll play some random character I've never played before and get destroyed though lol.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Going to my first P:M this weekend, really hyped for it. Afraid I'll play some random character I've never played before and get destroyed though lol.
Also going to my first PM tournament this weekend. Super excited.

As a competitive Brawl player who didn't play Melee at a high level, I'm sure I won't do super well, but hopefully I'll be able to hang with the Melee vets. One advantage I have is getting to play vs all of Hylian's Melee characters, whereas I doubt a lot of them have a ton of Snake experience :)

Either way, I know it's going to be a good time. Should get a lot of good experience vs a variety of players and characters.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
PK Fire offers a lot of ground control that means Ike has to be even more predictable with his approach. On 3-plat stages it's different and Ike can just lolnair D-tilt through the platforms.
Y'know, most of the legal stages in the game are 2,3, or 4-plat stages... Also, PKF doesn't really offer much ground control. Either Ness goes for low lag (aerial PKF), meaning he doesn't control a good portion of ground, or he goes for actual ground control (grounded PKF), meaning he gets enough lag for Ike to easily punish it with any jump-in.

Edit: Man, all this talk of P:M tourneys being shot out rapid-fire all over the thread really makes me wish NY, particularly LI, actually had a P:M scene other than what I'm dredging from the ground up.

........inb4 Eli makes another comment about how I haven't hosted a P:M tourney yet.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
NY doesn't have a smash scene anymore let alone P:M. The best they can do is host brawl and keep inviting NJ over.

And yes stingers, Mario is godlike. I know I'm like 95% troll on here but that is the other 5% talking.

#WeAreThe5%

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Eli, ny melee still has pretty frequent tourneys and zelda is mad good in pm (not best as stingers thinks but real good)

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I find it hard to believe Ness is the worst when his recovery can sweetspot the ledge and he has a competent on-stage game.

But you think Zelda is better than Zelda/Sheik it seems, if you have her as the best.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
The people who play melee in NY only play it for money for the most part. With the exception of a few. Everyone else is either retired or lives in eastern LI.

And Zelda is overrated. Come over and I'll show you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom