• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I have fun with Ike by playing him without using onstage Side B.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
They are the best zeldas. And thanks for your imput.

Sonic is an awful MU for zelda tho...

Edit: not discrediting you. Sorry
What? I find it hard to believe that Sonic has the advantage here when she has access to quick invincibility in the from of Nayru's Love, invincibility that also land cancels. Her attacks have crazy priority, too... Also, how does Sonic get through her tilts when the attacking limbs are always invincible? Her utilt has 21 frames of arm invincibility! :crazy: That's some whack frame data.

Edit: Of course, I could be wrong. I'd just like to know what Sonic has over Zelda in this MU when you factor in her BS.

Fsmash kills her super quick too, like, wow quick.

This is actually an optimistic MU for Sonic in my opinion.
By the transitive property of what you just said ( :awesome: ), do you know who else Sonic's fsmash kills "super quick"? Sheik. :shades:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
What? I find it hard to believe that Sonic has the advantage here when she has access to quick invincibility in the from of Nayru's Love, invincibility that also land cancels. Her attacks have crazy priority, too... Also, how does Sonic get through her tilts when the attacking limbs are always invincible? Her utilt has 21 frames of arm invincibility! :crazy: That's some whack frame data.

Edit: Of course, I could be wrong. I'd just like to know what Sonic has over Zelda in this MU when you factor in her BS.

By the transitive property of what you just said ( :awesome: ), do you know who else Sonic's fsmash kills "super quick"? Sheik. :shades:
Well, when thinking of regulars, of course Zelda wins. But when you add specials, Zelda first, cannot use Farore because the startup is too slow, and unless sonic randomly runs into the end hit, he can run away often before Zelda can get him.

Dins takes too long too place meaning sonic almost gets a free hit if she uses DF. Nayru would be useful if sonic commonly used close range attacks, but spinspinspinspin. and transform even has too much start lag to use easily.

Sonic also can bait zelda, and punish the use of a laggy move occasionally, Zelda can't stay still or she'll easily get hit.

Also, maybe I'm wrong, but I think because Zelda's weight and height, she can be JUGGLED by spinspinspinspin, for a bit at least.

Sonic's Neutral, Side, and Down specials can partially nullify the use of Zelda's specials. (Spin attack clanks fireballs too.)

Sonic is good at overwhelming Zelda, and forcing her to play differently to win. She can win though. (probs something like 40:60 Sonic wins) Theoretically, Zelda should be helpless in this MU, but she's able to get sonic off of his mistakes and flaws nicely.

I do believe Zelda will be able to do very slightly better in this MU in 2.5

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Oh ok... Still, I would think that Zelda can react to everything with SH Naryu > LC, but perhaps I am just overestimating that move. :ohwell:

Hey, I'd battle you over wifi (even though you'd slaughter me... At least, I think it was you who had "Let's wifi sometime" or something similar in a sig of yours.)
That would actually be me.

puff:sheik is apparently in puffs favor but i feel that puff:zelda isn't as bad for sheik
Not exactly sure what you mean by this statement... Puff:Sheik is good for Puff but Puff:Zelda isn'at as bad for Sheik? Are you saying that Zelda should probably transform to Sheik in this MU or did you mean to say Zelda at the end instead of Sheik? :ohwell:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
Not exactly sure what you mean by this statement... Puff:Sheik is good for Puff but Puff:Zelda isn'at as bad for Sheik? Are you saying that Zelda should probably transform to Sheik in this MU or did you mean to say Zelda at the end instead of Sheik? :ohwell:
He means Zelda has a better Puff matchup than Sheik does.

leelue

Smash Lord
BTW bbk, I didn't just see your video (i was letting it go)
i saw you comment on dmgs comment.
So I was merely putting everything back into perspective for you

Can't let people get the impression that youre any good at the game (insert troll/kappa/sunglasses face)

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Because sometimes some people talk about project m.

Hey speaking of project m, if samus doesn't come out in 2.5 then I quit. I need me some samus
My bro and I personally are also quitting our day jobs, classes, and life if Samus is a no-go.

Pressure's on PMBR. Samus or two lives?

Please don't take this as satirical, I'm bein' silly :X
If Samus isn't released in 2.5, I'll join that death row we've got linin' up here. Oh snap, that might make the PMBR keep Samus back now... :scared:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931

Can't let people get the impression that youre any good at the game (insert troll/kappa/sunglasses face)
I'm not gonna lie, I think the Ganon Side B stuff was nastier and jankier to watch than Ike being Ike. AND IT'S A WELL KNOWN FACT THAT IKE HAS A LIBERAL BIAS! So it's not a fair comparison for why I'd treat Ike lesser lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
What do you mean? Hits further sideways, or hits further upwards?

bubbaking

Smash Hero

Why would I be deluding myself with the illusion that I'm good? There is obviously nothing conclusive about my skill in a vid featuring me doing something quite funny with a character I don't even main (although I'm seriously considering picking up Ike :troll: ). I never said I was good with any character, because I clearly am not. I said you suck with Snake. You can't argue otherwise if you're being beaten by Day 1 Ikes. :smirk:

#PainfulTruth

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
To be fair, it doesn't feel like the "correct" way to play Snake is all that fun. Abusing Upb/cancels and not really trying to go crazy offensively vs people.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Ike was this year's election. He just got banned so that the other candidates actually had a chance.

ELI-mination

Smash Champion
I tend to hear a lot of criticism of my sSnake being that I almost never use mines and don't use many grenades either lol.

I just don't think there's a "correct" way to play any character tbh.

:phone:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
There are definitely wrong ways to play characters. Not everyone is the same offensively as defensively.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
You guys should take out the brawl characters and change back all the changes on melee veterans to mirror their melee form.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dmg I meant that the box extends below the mine (sure, why not) and the dust cloud doesn't do anything. It's nitpicky but true
It's kinda been like that in Brawl. C4 Hitbox extended pretty far below the actual mine, has stage spiked people from underneath hit plenty of people who were under a platform etc.

And then the true face of melee elitism appeared

:phone:
And that face was Ness

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Guys.
Guys.
Riivolution works with Stack Smash. Works like a ****ing charm.
Why is this not included with the hackless P:M package.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Um, no. I know what I'm talking about. It works, all functionality included, just fine when loaded through the Stack Smash custom stage loader. I know this because I did it earlier today. Do you need me to prove it so you'll believe me? Should I record a video of it or something? Just replace the boot.elf with Riivolution's, reconfigure the folders to match Riivolution's layout, and there you go.

EDIT: Er, that came out a little more defensive-sounding and rude than I had intended... :( Sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom