• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
You think the only people who are people
Are the people who look and think like you
But if you walk the footsteps of a stranger
You learn things you never knew, you never knew

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
I'm personally holding off for metaknight. I liked him in brawl but I always feel dirty using characters that are arguably the best with a very short learning curve.
Wolverine/Akuma! :troll:

Topic for discussion: Snake's side-B seems very out of place in a "Melee environment" and should be replaced with an entirely new move.
So do Fox's lasers. I mean seriously, an attack with no knockback? How the heck does that fit in Melee? Heaven forbid we have a guided projectile. And what about Pit? I don't see you complaining about his guided projectiles. :smirk:

Juuust messin' with ya. I think Snake's current sideB fits just fine.

And apparently he's ****in GREAT with Ganon.
And sucks with Snake, apparently.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Have you ever heard the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
Or asked the grinning bobcat why he grinned?
Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?
Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

cannedbread

Smash Lord
melee in one land
she ninja heel kick hurts child
dinosaurs alike

stronger opponents
they see a way out and fight
****** ninja tiers

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Small correction: Wario's Nair in Brawl did not AC, he just had very tiny landing lag from using the move. His Dair however did

Did you say ****** Ninja tears???

cannedbread

Smash Lord
kitsune hunts flesh
intergalactic warrior
steps out of his ship

there are no items
your gun and your shield intact
one blue, other, your choice

familiar ground
endless deepless starry sky
you must stay afoot

it isn't always
an arbitrary input
if it keeps you safe

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Come run the hidden pine trails of the forest
Come taste the sun-sweet berries of the earth
Come roll in all the riches all around you
And for once, never wonder what they're worth

bubbaking

Smash Hero
I saw no productive discussion taking place, and so I saw no need to participate. But I did tell him not to make fun of you, I don't see why you're so upset :troll:
You're a sneaky one... :c

I'm KirbyKaze. The best Melee Sheik main and 2nd best Sheik player for the game in the world. Good evening, gentleman.
I'm not sure how this statement works. I know there's an amazing post after it, but I kinda got stuck on this one sentence. How can you be both the best and the second best. :confused:

I find GaW's d-throw appealing because it pops FFers onto platforms at relatively low percents and the high KB causes regrabs to be impossible after low percent (40%ish). He can only CG Sheik to 40, for instance, and she has an extremely CGable weight for her native NTSC d-throw. I'm not even sure he can CG anyone else aside from FFers (but they hit platforms early [50%?], as I noted earlier so I don't see this being an issue in terms of balance in that MU).
So KK is saying that G&W's Melee dthrow is great and there's no reason for his P:M incarnation to have his vBrawl dthrow instead. Sounds about right... :smirk:

KK's argument isn't so much about balance, it's about how Sheik is played. Sheik is focused on getting her grab where it counts and because (theoretically) she can't *always* get her Dthrow -> Fair where it matters, it hurts her and goes against what her core design is. Whereas the space animals got to keep their general playstyle and typical combos, Sheik is forced to do "new" stuff simply because she could chaingrab characters on the lower end of the spectrum.

It's more KK's concern/argument is that we changed her playstyle when space animals' playstyles didn't change at all, going against one of the stated promises of the game.

I do agree with you that she's still an amazing character even with the throw changes. But it seems we're probably going to have go back to the drawing board for her throws.
Can't we just leave Sheik as she is and solve the root of the problem the easy way? Change the spacees. You don't even have to nerf them. Just change them!

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
The rainstorm and the river are my brothers
The heron and the otter are my friends
And we are all connected to each other
In a circle, in a hoop that never ends

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm not sure how this statement works. I know there's an amazing post after it, but I kinda got stuck on this one sentence. How can you be both the best and the second best. :confused:
He's obviously so good that he takes up both first and second best.

:phone:

Mattnumbers

Smash Master
He means he's the best Sheik MAIN but not the best Sheik. So someone else out there has a better sheik but doesn't main her. M2K maybe?

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
How high does the sycamore grow?
If you cut it down, then you'll never know....
Finding the answer despite that is simple. Always remember, Archangel:

One must sour the basil before the other chalks up the cutting board.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
And you'll never hear the wolf cry to the blue corn moon
For whether we are white or copper skinned
We need to sing with all the voices of the mountain
Need to paint with all the colors of the wind

leelue

Smash Lord
Bubba just so you know
Following up with a casual loss of mine after someone posts a video of brutal, handcuff-you-down-with-a-ballgag, pulp fiction level ****

Doesn't make you look better

Hashtagsexoffender

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah if you look at his wording, he says Shiek Main. Leaves room for a Shiek player/secondary

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Oh, something I thought of. Does Melee do the thing where you climb up from ledges more slowly when over 100% damage? I can't remember. I know P:M & vBrawl do.

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Bubba just so you know
Following up with a casual loss of mine after someone posts a video of brutal, handcuff-you-down-with-a-ballgag, pulp fiction level ****

Doesn't make you look better

Hashtagsexoffender
You just saw that? That didn't look like a casual loss to me. That looked like Ike.....fully charged fsmashing you into oblivion and then usmashing you into oblivion. Besides, why bring that back up now? Is it bothering you? :troll:

But yeah, I'll admit that isn't the **** that your match is. It's just Ike. Too bad we didn't save that match where I fsmashed you around three times on Yoshi's Story. :awesome:

#LetItGoAlready

Life

Smash Hero
Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide
No escape from reality

okay seriously why

and Jiggs Rest isn't Melee, a one-frame move that kills earlier than most fully-charged Smashes?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
My goal is to retain the core of Melee Sheik in the new game, not so much balance. If she winds up 12th as a result of her design simply not holding up in the new environment even with the grab buff once the dust settles a bit then fine. I'm not going to come back and complain about it.
For the sake of argument, are you not going to come back and complain about it if she ends up being something like 35th?

GaretHax

Smash Journeyman
For the sake of argument, are you not going to come back and complain about it if she ends up being something like 35th?
I don't think that would be possible even if you only let players ftilt around the stage with her. Speaking of ftilts its pretty cool not being able to just spam ftilt with falcon to beat any level 9 CPU, they still get a little confused but you guys really made them alot more interesting to wreck.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
That depends on what they do with other characters. If Luigi is all of a sudden Ike or Lucario level, I think he'd rightfully complain lol.

Say she would turn out to be bad. You could revert her Dthrow to NTSC and it would prob be fair. If everyone else gets crazy, she'll grab you and numb you down with Neosporin

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
kitsune hunts flesh
intergalactic warrior
steps out of his ship

there are no items
your gun and your shield intact
one blue, other, your choice

familiar ground
endless deepless starry sky
you must stay afoot

it isn't always
an arbitrary input
if it keeps you safe
Best post in this thread in the last 10 pages (on 40 PPP), outside of KirbyKaze's.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Because sometimes some people talk about project m.

Hey speaking of project m, if samus doesn't come out in 2.5 then I quit. I need me some samus

9Kplus1

Smash Master
You just saw that? That didn't look like a casual loss to me. That looked like Ike.....fully charged fsmashing you into oblivion and then usmashing you into oblivion. Besides, why bring that back up now? Is it bothering you? :troll:

But yeah, I'll admit that isn't the **** that your match is. It's just Ike. Too bad we didn't save that match where I fsmashed you around three times on Yoshi's Story. :awesome:

#LetItGoAlready
How do you get sent into oblivion twice? There's nothing deeper than one oblivion.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's the difference between the Graveyard, and the Shadow Realm

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Because sometimes some people talk about project m.

Hey speaking of project m, if samus doesn't come out in 2.5 then I quit. I need me some samus
My bro and I personally are also quitting our day jobs, classes, and life if Samus is a no-go.

Pressure's on PMBR. Samus or two lives?

Please don't take this as satirical, I'm bein' silly :X

bubbaking

Smash Hero
and Jiggs Rest isn't Melee, a one-frame move that kills earlier than most fully-charged Smashes?
So do the shines? Ever play the spacies on Spacee's Story? :troll:

That would bring back KK's argument but in reverse. That would signify that the PMBR went to great lengths to keep her the same while changing everyone else's design to beat her. Kinda like how Chun Li's always the same, but then teleports and dive kicks are sold from the flea market and everyone gets *****.

How do you get sent into oblivion twice? There's nothing deeper than one oblivion.
You get sent in, you crawl out, and get sent back in again. Such is the power of Ike.

Problem? :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom