• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
You just jump as you are about to release the spin dash.

EDIT: Holy crap Ness' PK flash still explodes if you hit. Does it always hit Ness too if it blows up near him?
its like a rouge brain bomb when he gets hit, it hurts every one. Thats going to be broken in a team match i bet. unless the route the flash takes is random. I wonder if he can absorb his own flash.

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
I wonder hw port priority will affect ness if he gets to keep the rouge PK flash.

edit: If they are some how able to make the rouge flashes weaker than a controled flash then I'm sure it'll stay.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
nah. hes just the most annoying character to fight, like ever.

In my entire time playing pm, ive played against 3 different nesses, and they all did the exact same ****, and nobody had fun. No one has fun playing in any matchup that involves ness

metroid1117

Smash Master
Hey guys, I finished uploading all of the videos from a tournament this Saturday. There's no results thread up yet, but here's some of the top 8 out of 20:

1) Kels (:falcobrawl:/:foxbrawl:/:sheikbrawl:)
2) MattDotZeb (:falcobrawl:)
3) Kirk (:bowserbrawl:)
4) Rat (:sonicbrawl:)
5) Oro (:linkbrawl:)
5) ORLY (:luigibrawl:/:falconbrawl:)
7) metroid (:charizardbrawl:) <- I choked hard against ORLY's Falcon =/. No johns though, he played very well.
7) ?

The playlist is here, but here's a list of all the matches:

WARNING: LOWER YOUR SPEAKERS. SOUND QUALITY IS ****TY.

Pools
SpooN (Wolf/Snake) vs Scythe (TL/Ganon)
SpooN (Wolf/Snake) vs metroid (Charizard)
SpooN (Snake/Wolf) vs LMNO (Lucario)
Scythe (Ganon/Snake) vs LMNO (Lucario)
metroid (Charizard) vs Scythe (Wolf) <- The ending of the first match is so sad.
metroid (Charizard) vs LMNO (Lucario)
metroid (Charzard) vs JPAL (Link) <- Cool combo at the end
JPAL (Link) vs SpooN (Wolf/Snake)
JPAL (Link) vs Scythe (Ganon/G&W)
JPAL (Link) vs LMNO (Lucario)

Bracket
WR1 - metroid (Charizard) vs Bieber (Falco)
WR1 - John! (Marth) vs MattDotZeb (Falco)
WR2 - metroid (Charizard) vs MattDotZeb (Falco)
WR2 - Kels (Sheik/Falco) vs Kirk (Bowser)
WS - Kels (Falco/Fox) vs Rat (Sonic)
WF - MattDotZeb (Falco) vs Kels (Sheik/Fox/Falco)
LR2 - Plasma (Sheik) vs Kirk (Bowser)
LR3 - Oro (Link) vs Kirk (Bowser)
LQ - ORLY (Luigi) vs Rat (Sonic)
LS - Kirk (Bowser) vs Rat (Sonic)
LF - Kirk (Bowser) vs MatDotZeb (Falco)
GF - MattDotZeb (Falco) vs Kels (Sheik/Fox)

MMs and Friendlies
$1MM - metroid (Charizard) vs Scythe (Wolf) <- this was probably my favorite combo all day
$1MM - metroid (Charizard) vs Scythe (Mario)
$1MM - metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Wolf)
F - metroid (Wolf) vs Kirk (Bowser)
F1-5 - metroid (Charizard) vs Rat (Wolf)
F1-3 - metroid (Charizard) vs Kirk (Bowser)
F1-3 - LMNO (Fox/Lucario) vs Plasma (Mario/Marth/Lucas)
F1-2 - Kirk (Bowser) vs Rat (Wolf)

EDIT: Thanks for the reminder, noirscythe.

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Hey guys, I finished uploading all of the videos from a tournament this Saturday. There's no results thread up yet, but here's some of the top 8 out of 20:

7) metroid (:charizardbrawl:) <- I choked hard against ORLY's Falcon =/. No johns though, he played very well.
7) ?

The playlist is here, but here's a list of all the matches:
WARNING. LOWER YOUR SPEAKERS.

Also, I need to change my name.

Dat charizard

Wobbly Headed Bob

Smash Journeyman
Can Ness still djc? If he can't, couldn't you make it so he can go into djc mode after a taunt? Would that break him?

drsusredfish

Smash Ace
Ness is actually good now and people complain? I'm going to keep shaking my head.
for the record i'm not complaining. I'ts just when a character gets somthing really good they tend to lose it for a "re-design" and ness' flash looks like it may fall in that categorey. see ike up b, zelda side b, sonic side b, lucario's stuff you get the idea. granted i don't mind most of the redesigns but still ness may be next.

edit: matter o fact most of the re-designs have indeed made the game better. sonics new stuff looks so much cooler and more useful than his old side B.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Ness is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay worse when he was reduced to only DJC ing. The addition of rising aerials is a god send for him.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
How would that take away for him to mix up his aerials?

Better question: How would that work at all???
The previous poster said Ness should go into DJC mode. As of right now I can choose whether or not DJC an aerial as Ness. Having no option but DJC after taunting (which is also entirely unviable except between stock or when the opponent's knocked off the stage) limits Ness' options.

Oracle

Smash Master
To all the people questioning about ness's neutral b:

He can indeed control it after he gets hit, similar to a pit arrow. It needs to hit the ground or something solid to explode once he's been hit, however. The explosion also affects ness once he's hit, meaning that he can absorb it. (which is about 25% heal).

IMO, it's kind of dumb, but i guess most characters can probably deal with it. One easy way is to make sure you're the lower port and just throw ness when the pkf would explode, which gives you protection from the knockback

bubbaking

Smash Hero
Baldwin, NY, USA or Alexandria, VA, USA (Pick one)
does ZSS' hooligan foot dive (cannon spike?) still ledge cancel?
Unless ZSS' hooligan attack meteors/spikes (does it?), it is NOT a "foot dive" but just a regular dive kick. Sonic's dair sounds like a foot dive. :p

You just jump as you are about to release the spin dash.
I was always under the impression that the spinshot sent Sonic a lot further than that, though. Is its distance decreased in P:M? :ohwell:

Ness is actually good now and people complain? I'm going to keep shaking my head.
Well, people can complain about Ness if they see something wrong or silly about his design. Even if Ness was bad, if part of his design was overcentralizing or stupid, it would be something to "complain" about. I can only imagine that was part of the reasoning that went behind some of Sonic's less popular changes since he was never really perceived as a "good" character by many. Ness now being "good" is not reason enough for people to cease their complaints if they see something wrong with his gameplay. I'm not agreeing or anything; I'm just saying that people can complain about good and bad characters alike.

7) ?
Spacees strike again..... :smash:

One easy way is to make sure you're the lower port and just throw ness when the pkf would explode, which gives you protection from the knockback
True, but in the end, you're still gonna eat the damage, which means that Ness still wins even though he's being thrown. Also, in tournament, neutral port priority can be contested (and the loser of the previous match gets to pick his port), so you can't depend on that.

Comeback Kid

Smash Champion
So ignoring whatever everyone wrote on this page:

Why is Wolf the only character who is not in the correct tier placement on the Project M website?

All the Melee characters are correctly ordered by their tier in the metagame and so are all the Brawl characters, except for Wolf. He should be after Toon Link.

PMBR, get on this pressing issue right away!

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero

Why is Wolf the only character who is not in the correct tier placement on the Project M website?

All the Melee characters are correctly ordered by their tier in the metagame and so are all the Brawl characters, except for Wolf. He should be after Toon Link.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/List_of_SSBB_tier_lists_(NTSC)#Fitfh_tier_list_.28September_24.2C_2010.29

Brawl tier list changes every other month based on whatever flavour of the month is popular, no reason to really focus on keeping the order up-to-date.

leelue

Smash Lord
The timing and motion are quite annoying
I had a nightmare that the extra frame in the short hop window was removed. This was a nightmare right?
Damn I just realized that I'm having dreams about pm mechanics....

`dazrin

Smash Champion

Welp, better stop developing 2.5 and get on this!

/:alakadoof:

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
The timing and motion are quite annoying
I had a nightmare that the extra frame in the short hop window was removed. This was a nightmare right?
Damn I just realized that I'm having dreams about pm mechanics....
I had a dream that Ice Climbers were in 2.5 and could be desynched from across the whole stage by holding a taunt button.

It was glorious.

Oh, and for everyone on the east coast and beyond

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsOPHyuAuT0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oonBDCq7cVw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom