• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
You're just mad cause Kirby *****. Why do you think he can suck so much?
I want Lucario to suck >_>
there's no reason to make characters "trash" again. Pikachu wasn't trash, Kirby probably was, but i think there will be something close to balance in the final product of P:M, since balance was the only thing Melee lacked.
The high tier balance in melee was as good as it gets.

Axe placed like top 15 with Pikachu at the biggest melee tournament ever. Pikachu is not garbage.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Kirby wasn't even fun to play as in melee. Even Pichu was more fun.

Also, is Magus cancelling completely shot down? Personally, I think it could work better than L-cancelling.

Also, no one ever answered me about the controller code.

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
how r yall going to change link's recovery like his bomb jumo or the hook shot can yall even fix that

Revven

FrankerZ
Edge cancelling was already made and is in the current B+ code set as well so... it should already be in P:M lol.

Edit: Ninja'd D:

5ive

Smash Champion
gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawd half the questions are about things related to Brawl+. Guys, learn to Brawl+.

We can do anything ;).

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Its already in. Brawl+ already has it.
Edge cancelling was already made and is in the current B+ code set as well so... it should already be in P:M lol.

Edit: Ninja'd D:
B+ edge cancel almost always forces you to go offstage, in melee edge cancels go to the animation when the character is in the least part of the edge(the almost falling animation) also removing all landing lag but not forcing you to go offstage, in melee you go offstage when you DI off stage in B+ you almost always slip to the edge and auto snapping cause of Backwards ledge grabbing

I know it's going to be in melee 2.0 but, It will just be B+ Edge Cancel, not melee Edge Cancel ;)

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
I really hope that these two are trash characters again, or at least worse than what they are now. I hate both of them so much in vBrawl.
Now I know the meaning of this project is to turn Brawl into melee v2(a project wich I fuly endorse btw, trailer gave me a boner) but intentionally nerfing characters cuz they sucked in Melee is just stupid imo. If anything this is a chance to balance the game out more so you'll see some more diversety in characters used.

D

Deleted member

How are stage hacks going to fit in with Project M?

I know P:M is based off B+, but how do your opinions on competitive stages differ?
Many stages are now viable and completely fixed (Although they need graphical and certain polishes). Will you endorse the stages for tourney and competitive play?

Such stages like Luigi's Mansion, New Pork City, Pictochat, Spear Pillar, Poke Stadium 1+2, Pirate Ship, etc either are fixed, or can be fixed with code and BBox.

Having as many neutral stages as possible could only benefit the game, and the uniquely different CP's would make it so no one character can out Fox or MK all the CP into being completely useless. (With adequate character balance anyway)

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
No one will be nerfed to match melee. I'm pretty sure whoever said this (and they weren't even affiliated with this project) was joking... and I don't know why anyone thinks that we'd do something like that.

@drpepper: We're focusing on movement fluidity and character move-sets right now... stages are more of a final polish kind of thing. We'll get there.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I think I'm not the only one who also wants an "official" feel. Like, the only stages I would want to be in is the ones that you barely have to change, like LM, WW, and PS2. I don't like hacked looking stages, you know?

I think it goes the same for the fallen five, unless they look official and play official I don't think they should be in.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I think I'm not the only one who also wants an "official" feel. Like, the only stages I would want to be in is the ones that you barely have to change, like LM, WW, and PS2. I don't like hacked looking stages, you know?
"Hacked Looking" ? What specific stages are you complaining about?

And if you're saying you just don't want the stages to not look like complete crap, well duh.

There's certainly plenty of legitimate looking hacked stages, however.

D

Deleted member

I think it goes the same for the fallen five, unless they look official and play official I don't think they should be in.
Hacked stages add so much to competitive play and stage selection its unbelievable.

What you seem to want is aesthetic changes to make the stuff truly perfect as if they had been premade that way in vBrawl.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Woah hey! I've seen the other stages, but where can I find that one? It looks awesome.

More on topic, I have to say I agree with the sentiment that adding more stages adds a lot to the game.
That's actually the one that I did. :) (With help, AMK certainly deserves credit.)

Link to post here.

And from what I've seen, Venom actually looks pretty good.

Wanky

Smash Rookie
This looks really awesome. Moonwalking in particular makes me froth at the mouth, having mained Falcon since Melee.

shanus

Smash Hero
trailer's gotten pretty significant hype!

8900 views in 1 week! Keep up the love, people!

Some updates:

Hopefully will have a new working JC grab code.

PS Reflect is being a royal PITA, not sure why but might have to go along with the option of just adding in a reflect clause to every characters pac file which would be :frown:

Bugzapping more of the HAD code. Still no working D3 yet, but have a new version which is almost ideal for Almas' decay code.

shanus

Smash Hero
Hi everyone, double post for something exciting:

We are looking to recruit a few more players to help with Project M Development.

What we are looking for:
~3 or so experienced coders in both PSA and Brawlbox. It is not required that you have melee as well for testing, but it can definitely help to have that around.
~3-4 skilled players with melee experience

Your roles on the project would be as follows. Skilled coders can choose explicit characters to work on. However, as skilled players populate a thread of things to be changed, these will act like "tickets." This ticket will be submitted, after approval from a project manager, the coder should then attempt to complete the ticket as soon as possible.

Also, security is a major issue with this project. As this has a lot of hype, we want to make sure to keep distribution extremely limited. If we find out you have leaked codesets out there, you will be promptly removed from the user group because we sincerely want to make this project as refined as possible before releasing to the public.

If you are interested, please PM me with your:

Time availability to dedicated to this project
Experience in coding (ASM), PSA, brawlbox
Competitive experience: Brawl, Melee, B+

And anything else you feel is pertinent. Also, please be concise in these PMs. A well-written concise post will be more likely considered over a 10 page essay.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
Hmmm I'm not sure how I feel about the backwards ledge grabbing anymore. At first I thought it would be nice if it stayed, but then I remember some of the stuff you could on Melee, and now I'm not really sure. If you add the stages with the fixed edges, then there's not need to keep it(I downloaded a FD pac that doesn't have ceilings on the edges and you don't get stuck under the stage), but if you don't, there's probably need to keep it, although the idea of letting characters grab the edge backwards at the peak of the recovery is awesome.
Also, me and my friends are really good melee players, we play every weekend and if you like, we can help you out with whatever you request. If I'm online, and you request that I check on something on the project, I would do it(I check the thread everyday). I'm also a B+ player so I have plenty of knowledge of it too.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
this post is goin to be short... I'm kn the wii internet >.<

I was a competitive player, I took my first 5-6 tourneys at 2nd place while being a random scrub for everyone in the smashpr community. I quitted with the release of Brawl at the competitive scene, and secondly I quitted cause I moved somewhere away from many smasher

I would like to join but... I would fit there since I've been retired for 1 1/2 year by now :(

would be cool for me to just test the beta version to give full feedback in my part

*** I was a competitive Jiggly and Fox, butbmore adept at Jiggly's metagame ***

>.> this post was supposed to be small :s

danm the WiiMote!!!

Edit:

after being like 5-7 minutes writting that post... I complained thta my thumb hurted cause howmuch single typing and hand moving for each letter...

after complaining alot... mom told me, "Why didn't you tryto add the keyboard in the first place?"

>.> I ubberly mad now >.< but thank Gpd I can now use the keyboard :D !!!!!

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I'm willing to help out in any way I can.

I know a decent amount about programming, albeit, not hexing. I've played melee before, extensively.

I'd love to sign on as a playtester.

RandomLax

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RelaxBro
3DS FC
3668-7762-8508
soooooo, does anyone wanna discuss something?

I guess I'll say something. Does DK's Donkey Punch have the range it had in Melee?
This is a good question...
By the way hows Wario shaping up, that lovely fatman...

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Wario wii be a beast in melee 2.0 with he's current B+ changes XD I just can see it :)

in melee no moves had super armor and he is going to keep he's awsome Fsmash properties ;)

I believe Ness is joining with he's B changes and nothing else will be done if I'm not wrong... but he would not be melee ness without the yoyo glitch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI9KGybiCHo

that vid would let you know how to do it and even show you what ness had in he's arsenal, melee ness was low tier but had a ****** Glitch...

If this could be done in the future... Ness would just be too good for melee 2.0 :D

and, is pikachu staying with he's Up B on ground canceling???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom