• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

camelot

Smash Ace
good brawl techs.
Footstools not included... lol.

Like I said before about footstools, they're too good in Project M. If you use it on a fastfaller, it's an almost guaranteed KO because of the gravity increase, not to mention you boost to safety at the same time. Horribly skewed risk/reward factor (and everybody can do it).

I'm hoping footstools won't stay.

shanus

Smash Hero

Like I said before about footstools, they're too good in Project M. If you use it on a fastfaller, it's an almost guaranteed KO because of the gravity increase, not to mention you boost to safety at the same time. Horribly skewed risk/reward factor (and everybody can do it).

We can make them meteor cancelable if we want to.

If that is still ugly, then maybe can remove them. I just dont want to rush taking them out when a better solution may present itself.

Bero

Smash Journeyman
I'm making pages about Project M for Japanese.
I want to use the logo but I can't find it. Is the logo already available?

V-K

Smash Ace
Hey will the hitstun be lower than B+ hitstun?
I personally would like to have higher hitstun. I played Smash64 yesterday and it feels just great to keep comboing people. :D

BTW: Footstool jump doesn´t work really good in B+ imo, sometimes it happens by accident that you just fly in the air although you didn´t really touch your opponent.

jalued

Smash Lord
for footstalls, is it possible to just make it luigi and mario specific, and make the timing alot tighter, AND map it to up on the D-pad? Then it would take skill and be character specific

Hey will the hitstun be lower than B+ hitstun?
I personally would like to have higher hitstun. I played Smash64 yesterday and it feels just great to keep comboing people. :D

BTW: Footstool jump doesn´t work really good in B+ imo, sometimes it happens by accident that you just fly in the air although you didn´t really touch your opponent.
this has been said time and time again, the gravity is higher, so the hitstun ahs to be lower. Smash64 was floaty, so the high hitstun was important, plus alot of the combos worked since there was NO airdodge...

please research before you post

shanus

Smash Hero
Footstool jumping is a fine mechanic. Why the hell would anyone want to get rid of it?
I want to highlight this even more given how we have remapped the footstool button to be separate from jumps. This removes the unintentional uses of footstools.

However, with higher gravity, their duration of effectiveness or ability to escape DOES need to be modified.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
I want to highlight this even more given how we have remapped the footstool button to be separate from jumps. This removes the unintentional uses of footstools.

However, with higher gravity, their duration of effectiveness or ability to escape DOES need to be modified.
Ah, I see. Carry on, then.

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord

footstools are like a shine spike that are harder to time and do no damage. we'll see how consistently it all can be done first.

and good luck to all the new testers. I would totally like to be one, but all I have is melee experience lol. once this goes beta I'll definitely do my best to lend helpful suggestions. I actually want this project to be as good as it sounds

Cyan_Blau

Smash Apprentice
Fox/Falco Zup and Zdown

For me it is totally recommented to change the Zup and Zdown of Fox and Falco, so that there can be used more combos like in Melee!

Hope that will be recognized (I know some people whose fav is that kind of move).

THIS IS NO REQUEST! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD TIP!

PS: I love this project, well done coders ^^!

//AX

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
For me it is totally recommented to change the Zup and Zdown of Fox and Falco, so that there can be used more combos like in Melee!

Hope that will be recognized (I know some people whose fav is that kind of move).

THIS IS NO REQUEST! IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE A GOOD TIP!

PS: I love this project, well done coders ^^!

//AX
Zup, Zdown? Do you mean the Up/Down throws?

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Even so, Fox and Falcos dthrows weren't even good. Falcos new dthrow is much better. I do agree with changing there uthrow though.

edit: and I also hate footstools :p

Kix

Smash Journeyman
We can make them meteor cancelable if we want to.

If that is still ugly, then maybe can remove them. I just dont want to rush taking them out when a better solution may present itself.
I agree about giving it time, although I could easily see this being ugly as a general tactic. It would be fitting as a Mario Bros. only technique, but could still be stupid.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
Ugh, I'd support footstools if it was ONLY possible to footstool when you were above your opponent. But we'll see where this goes.

kupo15

Smash Hero
Footstools imo have no place in a fighting game period let alone in a Melee replication.

I have no prob keeping QAC

Veril: I'm pretty sure Melee's hitstun would be 0.4. Where did you get .44 from?

shanus

Smash Hero
Well it's pretty easy to remove footstools if we deem to. I just have to modify the code slightly and its cake :p

cubaisdeath

Smash Lord
since footstools are being mapped to a different button it should be much harder to do them PERIOD, even with reprogrammable controls. the fact that they are on a different key makes the game much more interesting. say you are ken comboing someone with marth, and right before the dair, you footstool them and dair for the finisher. thats much more satisfying if it takes an additional input to land such a technique IMO. it just needs to be played with, and seeing only a handful of people even have the codeset, its not a reliable source of testing because this game wants to be so widespread. when the first beta comes out and we all notice problems, then it can be changed.

edit: unless of course its already too broken, then it can be altered, but it doesn't need to be removed completely yet.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
if we don't want to remove brawl tech's and add just new stuff and not remove, would it be better to call this game Melee+ ?

Brawl+ is "+" cause it brawl, with some of the best tech of melee/64/brawl, or I'm wrong?

I just see this more Melee+ than melee 2.0 :S

Melee 2.0 isn't melee 2.0 cause of wavedash :S or the edgeguard game or Directional AD :S

anyways... I suppurt this project for ****s sake >.<

I've been supporting it... since the first pages of the thread... so don't start flamming me cause a single post saying this :S

lolz, but be sure to quote to this post :p I know someone will XD

Turazrok

Smash Master
if we don't want to remove brawl tech's and add just new stuff and not remove, would it be better to call this game Melee+ ?

Brawl+ is "+" cause it brawl, with some of the best tech of melee/64/brawl, or I'm wrong?

I just see this more Melee+ than melee 2.0 :S

Melee 2.0 isn't melee 2.0 cause of wavedash :S or the edgeguard game or Directional AD :S

anyways... I suppurt this project for ****s sake >.<

I've been supporting it... since the first pages of the thread... so don't start flamming me cause a single post saying this :S

lolz, but be sure to quote to this post :p I know someone will XD
You're right about the quote. You're wrong about Brawl +. Brawl + has reduced aerial lag, but not lcanceling (I guess you could say auto). It has no wavedash or such things from melee. It has no zcancel/taunt cancel from 64. L2 informed opinion.

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Well it's pretty easy to remove footstools if we deem to. I just have to modify the code slightly and its cake :p
Yo Shanus you gotta get your coding crew to make a code for my Game and Watch to B BO BOP B BO BOP when he walks/runs/wavedashes.

-Do you think its possible? it would be great =)

-----------
How about the Melee YO-YO Glitch for Ness?

-Possible?

-----------
I said this before: I wish I could help you and your crew but I'm no coder.

-YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME, I'll repay you guys in a different way.

Quenk

Smash Apprentice
@ shanus: I applied to help out with this. Even if I don't get to help out, good luck to this. Some of my friends also wish you luck with this endeavour.

I would totally be willing to help with the project.

However, with no Tournament Melee experience and no knowledge of code, I'm pretty sure I'd be as close to useless as humanly possible. >_>

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
then the people you guys are playing are really bad
he plays with good players

he plays with HDL sometimes in tourneys (friendlies or tourney matches) and with Excel Zero

they both went to pound 4

HDL fought with m2k and with armada and did good, so... don't say we play with really bad people :S

JayFizzy

Smash Cadet
I have some questions about fox...

1) Will SHDL be really hard to do like it was in melee?
2) Will fox's lasers be retreatable by holding backwards while shooting?
3) Will his Bair go back to how it was (like falcos)?
4) Will there be UpB edge cancelling?
5) Would you guys be able to make fox's gun shoot by his side like it did in melee? (lol).

Also, something that I would REALLY want to be in this is the white puff of smoke after a wavedash like in melee. PLEASE.

D

Deleted member

I have some questions about fox...

1) Will SHDL be really hard to do like it was in melee?
2) Will fox's lasers be retreatable by holding backwards while shooting?
3) Will his Bair go back to how it was (like falcos)?
4) Will there be UpB edge cancelling?
5) Would you guys be able to make fox's gun shoot by his side like it did in melee? (lol).

Also, something that I would REALLY want to be in this is the white puff of smoke after a wavedash like in melee. PLEASE.
1 - SHDL wasn't hard in melee :p You can SHDL though.
2. Yes. They are.
3. His Bair is like Falco's now, yes.
4. I'm not sure.
5. Again, I'm not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom