• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
ZSS with a sex kick?

I like her Nair D:
In all of the existing Brawl versions (+, -, v, b) there's little or no reason to ever use her nair. The angle is weird, the knockback is weirder, it clanks with groundmoves and is easily grabbable on shield (her other aerials aren't, and don't) it has massive hitlag making it easy to SDI, it's an article so it maintains momentum (meaning using the back part while jumping forward still sends you flying forward for whatever reason, and has about 700 come **** me frames when it ends. It's just a bad move. The only reason you'd ever use it is to put a hitbox in front of you when you have no choice or when you're just trying to mix up.

I'm not sure what is feasibly changable about it with the current tools and editing capabilities, but I'd just scrap the move all together unless her playstyle is being so dramatically altered that a move like this would become useful.

Same with her grab: don't give her a zair, just scrap it and give her a regular grab. It's never made sense for a speed character to have a tether grab, and it doesn't now. That grab has been the one thing holding her back from top end competitive play (and maybe her jab, but not even).

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Dangit, Falco400. I wanted ROB to look silly doing a wavedash, seeing as the rest of his animations are silly and box-y. It's what I kinda like about him, his animations are so boring that its actually entertaining, no?

Revven

FrankerZ
Dangit, Falco400. I wanted ROB to look silly doing a wavedash, seeing as the rest of his animations are silly and box-y. It's what I kinda like about him, his animations are so boring that its actually entertaining, no?
Obv I was saying natural as in it's part of the character so the animation is obv silly. <3

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
currently nair is very useful as a comboing move. hitting with the back-end also has some fun applications much like Forward Smash does.

as I and Jiang (mostly Jiang) have designed ZSS, her grab is actually fairly useful. using it in a combo when there isn't enough time to get to them otherwise and then having different options from there is awesome.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Can there be none of melee's overused characters in the demo, as we already know what they are like? Can we have mostly brawl chars/underused melee chars?

Basically, anyone below Ganon is fair game.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
If there were to be a demo, that would defeat the purpose of showing off just how well done Project M is. That's only assuming there would be a demo in the first place; the most used characters in Melee are also the most complete in Project M and would thus display the controls the best.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't see a point in doing a demo.

It would take too much time and we keep making big breakthroughs every week now.
EDIT: OMG MY AVATAR IS ****ING CUTE

D

Deleted member

Same with her grab: don't give her a zair, just scrap it and give her a regular grab. It's never made sense for a speed character to have a tether grab, and it doesn't now. That grab has been the one thing holding her back from top end competitive play (and maybe her jab, but not even).
I think it might be interesting for ZSS to retain her tether grab in her pivot grab and to give her a normal grab on everything else.

I noticed that with pivot tether grabs when say Fox or Falco approaches the character has a chance to dash away from the nair/dair and do a pivot grab mindgame. This technique looks amazingly potent in competitive play and I'd think that it would suit ZSS well to retain this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zVOW6J_JH0#t=0m55s

What's to be done with ZSS's side-b? To me at least, it seems not to fit into the Melee environment of fast paced gameplay because it is very disjointed, KOs too easily, and when spaced and played well is hard to punish.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Side B is eaasy to punish, and probably easier with wavedashing OoS in Melee it might very well be easier. I'd like to see it stay, at least until the balancing phase. If it's OP it can be nerfed or replaced.

D

Deleted member

Side B is eaasy to punish, and probably easier with wavedashing OoS in Melee it might very well be easier. I'd like to see it stay, at least until the balancing phase. If it's OP it can be nerfed or replaced.
Oh, that's true. WD will probably help a lot. Actually, the side-b may not be as out of place as i think it may be.

I'd like to see it stay but for it to be slightly changed. I'm sure there'll be something thats good and right with it.

FireBall Stars

Smash Ace
In all of the existing Brawl versions (+, -, v, b) there's little or no reason to ever use her nair. The angle is weird, the knockback is weirder, it clanks with groundmoves and is easily grabbable on shield (her other aerials aren't, and don't) it has massive hitlag making it easy to SDI, it's an article so it maintains momentum (meaning using the back part while jumping forward still sends you flying forward for whatever reason, and has about 700 come **** me frames when it ends. It's just a bad move. The only reason you'd ever use it is to put a hitbox in front of you when you have no choice or when you're just trying to mix up.

I'm not sure what is feasibly changable about it with the current tools and editing capabilities, but I'd just scrap the move all together unless her playstyle is being so dramatically altered that a move like this would become useful.

Not quite in Brawl+, the move is useful due to the aerial lag reduction and range.

In that game, if you space correctly you will most likely won't get shieldgrabbed, it hits very away from samus and in a diagonal motion, which is good because of her high height SH, with aerial lag reduction the move has little lag and can even be used as a spacing tool due do her other aerials(Fair & Bair) hitting horizontaly during her SH. It's a setup to all of her aerials (other than Dair). Brawl+ also had a much reduced hitlag on moves, specially on eletric type ones(such as her nair). You could even use the Back part as an anti-aerial like in some situations due to it being disjointed and have an upwards diagonal motion.

Same about her grab, Zamus+ tether grab could grab people in the air and had reduced lag, that only makes her grab many times better as it could grab people where normal grabs couldn't reach and could be used to continue combos when the character was too far for her to attack.

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
umm whens the last time u played melee? lol just curious
HYPE :reverse:
About 3 minutes ago.

But seriously, I'm slow. Okay? I don't get what the white square is. Is it a ledge grab box? Is it Randall without a face? Or is it just the result of fooling around in photoshop for 3 seconds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom