• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starscream

Smash Ace
How about you learn to type correctly and realize 90% of us cannot try it and can only resort to theorycraft to get issues accross?
That's the point though. If you haven't played it how can it be an issue? Has the metagame developed to the point where Falco having RAR Bair makes him god tier? Or, OH NOEZ, Jiggs being able to approach with Bair even easier?!

Wait till you play the game to ***** about these so called "issues" that might not even be issues once the game is in a finished state.

Also, reverse grabs shouldn't be universal. Only Fox, Falco, Falcon, Ganon, Link, Young Tink, Bowser, DK, Ness, Lucas, Wolf?, Ike, and Kirby should have one.
You just made up a random list of characters that should have reverse ledge-grabs without any reason or justification as to why only these select few should have it. :/

Reverse ledge-grabbing should be universal but only at the peak of recoveries. If anything, give lower tier characters reverse grabs and take them away from the top tiers. "But then that will change how Melee Fox and Falco recover!" people will cry. Because that makes more sense than characters that are worse in every way not having it.

Ecks

Smash Lord
So I was playing b+ and I rediscovered my hate toward that damn camera. can/will you guys do something about that?

Frogles

Smash Ace
brawl+ looked absolutely terrible on my tv because of how zoomed out it was. really made the jaggies stand out. vanilla looks pretty great though.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Oh, I see. Yeah, I did find the camera was kind of off, but I never played Brawl enough to pay attention to it. The camera does suck in Brawl. Guess it was made less dynamic for grandma or something. But jokes aside, it really does cut on your field of view.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah I should have said that the brawl (plus or not) camara is terrible. the b+ one is actually better.

just look at gamedominator's post.

And it's a shame because aesthetically brawl is impressive.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I can't tell from the zoom lengths, but I can definitely tell that it's much more dynamic with its zooms period.

iLink

Smash Champion
brawl+ looked absolutely terrible on my tv because of how zoomed out it was. really made the jaggies stand out. vanilla looks pretty great though.
Oh dear

I don't think you get it

Also in on the subject of RAR, I don't know the proper term for it but can you still cancel the jump in a RAR with an usmash like in brawl?

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
You probably can, but as the same issue with the DAC, due to jump timings getting changed (idk how, ask the devs) it is much harder to do.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I have nothing against RAR or other brawl ATs I'm just concerned about them buffing chars who don't need them. (Falco, Fox, Marth, etc.)
Since RAR and the other Brawl ATs you're referring to are universal, don't they buff every character an equal amount (sure, some characters get more use for them than others, but that also applies to things like moon-walking, wave-dashing and more)?

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
a RaR JC up-smash can be made during the running animation and gives you more forward momentum.. so I don't think it acomplishes the same effect.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Can't wait to make Wolf look god-tier in this game!

Then again, without the buffering, that might be really hard, because I rely really heavily on buffering when I play vBrawl Wolf.

D

Deleted member

Since RAR and the other Brawl ATs you're referring to are universal, don't they buff every character an equal amount (sure, some characters get more use for them than others, but that also applies to things like moon-walking, wave-dashing and more)?
Then it isn't in equal like you just said.

Wavedashes are universal and Peach/Zelda have poor WDs compared to Fox/Marth/Mario who have decent WDs.

This is best left as a topic for later in balance phase.

Luxor

Smash Champion
After RAR'ing in Brawl a lot, I'm not sure how to turn around quickly in Melee. I figure you have to just do a standing turnaround but it's soooo sloooow.

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
Most people just throw out a reverse neutral B (Not to be confused with B reversals in Brawl) when they need to grab the ledge while running at it. From the ground, dash cancel and then just dash dance the other way.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
After RAR'ing in Brawl a lot, I'm not sure how to turn around quickly in Melee. I figure you have to just do a standing turnaround but it's soooo sloooow.
I use Marth's back air.
<3 Marth's back air.
I guess that's not very useful if you're not using Marth tho >_>

.......or roy @_@

Luxor

Smash Champion
I mostly play Falco/Fox for teh l0lz (no tech skill barlw player) so I guess a shine turnaround would work, if I could do it in real life situations consistenlty. I need to learn to waveshine first though, it's so hard :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
....lol

really?
Yes, he can, otherwise he wouldn't be saying that now would he?
It's like P:M offers more, better, and faster movement options. :awesome:
Yes, really. I think Project:M diddy is easier to handle than brawl diddy. He fits the engine well. I found it natural to play P:M diddy, while regular diddy is still a wild mystery to me. He's very tough to control well in brawl (easy to play though.)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Glad to hear that you're enjoying what you've played so far. Hopefully you'll enjoy the full release even more. :alakadoof:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
Then it isn't in equal like you just said.

Wavedashes are universal and Peach/Zelda have poor WDs compared to Fox/Marth/Mario who have decent WDs.

This is best left as a topic for later in balance phase.
It is equal in the respect that everyone gets it.

It isn't equal in the respect that some characters have more use for it.

Both of those are also traits of wave-dashing and to a lesser extent, L-cancelling. if you remove RAR, you should also remove wave-dashing and l-cancelling.

I mostly play Falco/Fox for teh l0lz (no tech skill barlw player) so I guess a shine turnaround would work, if I could do it in real life situations consistenlty. I need to learn to waveshine first though, it's so hard :(
Lol, try harder. I learnt to wave-shine in a few hours and I don't even main Fox.

STFU. please. It wasn't funny/amusing the first time.
This.

jalued

Smash Lord
Lol, try harder. I learnt to wave-shine in a few hours and I don't even main Fox.
being able to do it consistantly under pressure is a different thing, not to mention that you require perfect wavedashes to do it, and it has to be done quick enough that the opponent cant escape.

That takes more than a few hours...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom