• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
****ing procario. I'm no good at street fighter-like things. :mad:
I cannot say I'm good or bad at those types of things since I never played another fighting game......
/serious

Sue me.
:troll:

I'm mostly a single player(Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Metroid, Yoshi's Island, DKC, Fire Emblem SD, etc.) gamer.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
meh, i still don't see it being that crazy. he also doesn't seem to have as efficient kill moves as they do, judging from the stream.

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
IMO, this mechanic violates Smash universals the same way Lucas' glitch does it: no one can chain normals with specials, not even the spacies, they just fast fall l-cancel and shine, and because shine is such a fast move (hitbox comes out at frame 1) it seems like they cancel.

Phantom1987

Smash Apprentice
People are speculating too much about the new lucario.. Till the moment I've not seen him being that broken.. lets wait and see. If it comes to the worst.. they can change it

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
You could argue that vBrawl Lucario's aura system violated smash 'universals.'

The point is that there are many small exceptions to the universal rules, and these are what give the game spice. Too much spice can overpower the natural flavor of a dish, but just a bit keeps things unique and fresh.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
IMO, this mechanic violates Smash universals the same way Lucas' glitch does it: no one can chain normals with specials, not even the spacies, they just fast fall l-cancel and shine, and because shine is such a fast move (hitbox comes out at frame 1) it seems like they cancel.
How many characters can jump during their moves?

How many characters can refresh their jumps without even landing.

Heck, Sonic's spindashes make less sense than this.

The_Guide

Smash Journeyman
I just realized something... with this Lucario, I can actually make a combo video (that isn't, in reality, a montage).

Too ****ing good!

iLink

Smash Champion
I liked Lucaryu

They should make his upb an uppercut with invincibility frames on startup that also works as a get up attack.

But I was wondering, if his aurasphere can do the spirit bomb thing with the EX thing and upb can be canceled on hit, what does sideb and downb do?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Also on the topic of Mewtwo, the BR has already interviewed Taj on what M2 would need to be a good character, and it's rather lengthy. I think when the clone engine is perfected, Mewtwo will sneak his way in there with Taj's wet dream stamped onto it.
This sounds pretty awesome. I'd love to hear what he had suggested. I'm sure it's mostly pretty technical stuff.

Okay got some ideas brewing...
How about keeping the spin and having the opponent get slammed down afterwards. Like a longer range, slower version of Ganon's side B. Then Mewtwo could tech chase like Ganon - following up perhaps with more confusion after a tech or maybe a downsmash on a backroller or even a grab (yikes). And if the opponent decided to stay on the ground, Mewtwo could use confusion again, lifting his opponent and spinning them upward.
I still like this idea of mine for Mewtwo however... (of course I would xD).

Edit:
Shanus, how about a celebratory blog post today?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
Heh... posted that on fsmash a while ago for "the lulz" as well. Except I used a better vid :p.

shanus

Smash Hero
can't wait to see an uair to b cancel to uair to ex-cancel uair off top, The whole combo could take like 3/4 of a second.
Actually one of the most badass combos is dsmash -> upB -> drag them off offstage -> ex-cancel -> sideB meteor throw

Edit: Grim Tuesday, watch the end of the second half of the stream:
http://www.justin.tv/tryhardtroupe/b/284843868

Start watching around halfway or earlier or something. Disclaimer - this was my old smash crew where most of us haven't played competitive smash in 1-2+ years (real world after college makes smash hard)

shanus

Smash Hero
meh, i still don't see it being that crazy. he also doesn't seem to have as efficient kill moves as they do, judging from the stream.
It actually isn't that safe on shield. Remember a lot of his moves afford very low shield stun.

For example, jab is not safe on shield.

His safest move on shield currently is to use dair -> sideB, but its predictable.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So he's the only character that can cancel normals into specials....sounds like an awesome advantage. I would like to see how this wouldn't make him the best character in the game.
It may have. That's why we rigorously test these things. Whenever we do release him, rest assured he will be balanced with the rest of the cast.

I cannot say I'm good or bad at those types of things since I never played another fighting game......
/serious

Sue me.
:troll:

I'm mostly a single player(Zelda, Final Fantasy, Metal Gear, Metroid, Yoshi's Island, DKC, Fire Emblem SD, etc.) gamer.
I'm right there with ya man. I've never liked fighting games. I got into Smash because it's basically a competitive platformer (at least, up until Brawl came out and the genre shifted more toward "party game"). Before I started going to Melee tourneys in '04, the only games I played remotely competitively were RTSes (Total Annihilation >>> Starcraft, just sayin...)

I want to try him, he's just so weird xD. (Lucario)

The fact that i see videos of ROB means he's ready to be shown? :)
ROB is indeed in a state where he's ready to be shown. I'm basically the only one that plays him though so my youtube channel is the only place where you'll find videos of him, at least for the foreseeable future.

Can't ANY of the members of the PMBR just get at least one decent quality video of him up? :/
We like to make sure that characters are at least close to their final state and fairly well-balanced before we put up public videos of them on youtube, where random people could stumble upon them and rush to judgement. Until that time, you will only see them on streams, where it's easier to put more experimental characters in context for the viewers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom