• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magus420

Smash Master
Kirby's u-throw is pretty potent atm. Kills Mario around 145% on FD with DI. When you consider that bouncing them off a platform will have it kill even sooner and his grab range is great (about the same as Sheik's but on a small character) it's a good way to kill them if they survive to high damage.

B-throw has very high BKB like Jiggly's to get them off the stage (a little more BKB actually). If it sent at a low angle in a video it was more DI than anything.

F-throw will most likely be redone as when I made PM Kirby back in October the DI below tumble code was not made and was designed around that. Currently like Brawl f-throw with slightly higher angle so his lower air mobility compared to brawl would allow u-airing at low damage out of it before it caused tumble.

D-throw is supposed to be a techchase on faster falling characters and combo/string on floaty characters, but without enough actual frame advantage as to CG some characters like crazy due to the very low KBG. To make it cause tumble but not lift much at all off the floor (Melee has a flag or something you can use to always tumble from a throw regardless of KB while Brawl does not), it sends downwards and bounces them off the floor. Overall, think similar to melee d-throw but with less lag and more stun vs distance sent due to the floor bounce.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
That being said, its pretty difficult to outmatch the professional graphic designs already in the game.

On a completely unrelated note, does anyone play PSO, or did at one time? PSO2 is coming out and I am excited. :cool:
I did, but it will surely be P2P and I'm not into that. If I wanted to pay for a game, I would probably play WoW.

T_T

Smash Cadet
Kirby's u-throw is pretty potent atm. Kills Mario around 145% on FD with DI. When you consider that bouncing them off a platform will have it kill even sooner and his grab range is great (about the same as Sheik's but on a small character) it's a good way to kill them if they survive to high damage.

B-throw has very high BKB like Jiggly's to get them off the stage (a little more BKB actually). If it sent at a low angle in a video it was more DI than anything.

F-throw will most likely be redone as when I made PM Kirby back in October the DI below tumble code was not made and was designed around that. Currently like Brawl f-throw with slightly higher angle so his lower air mobility compared to brawl would allow u-airing at low damage out of it before it caused tumble.

D-throw is supposed to be a techchase on faster falling characters and combo/string on floaty characters, but without enough actual frame advantage as to CG some characters like crazy due to the very low KBG. To make it cause tumble but not lift much at all off the floor (Melee has a flag or something you can use to always tumble from a throw regardless of KB while Brawl does not), it sends downwards and bounces them off the floor. Overall, think similar to melee d-throw but with less lag and more stun vs distance sent due to the floor bounce.
Thank you for the clarification. It's hard to tell exactly what the changes where in the video. Knowing the exact details of the changes, I do really like what has been done to his throws.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
GD06, you do realize that you beat Shanus for the most posts in this thread right?
Oh God, really? I mean, I'm not surprised by how many times I post in here but I never realized it was that much. Where'd you get the statistic anyways?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yes, I saw the trailer Ulevo. I ironically never got to play PSO online. >_>

And don't feel bad Monk, it's a great effort.

:phone:

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Leelue, if you do end up using the most recent build if Wes happens to bring it, you won't be able to save replays. Replays currently desync because of some new codes. Hopefully you can record it live if need be.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Love PSO. I'm hoping PSO2 is true to its predecessor unlike other games like PSU. Hopefully Sega will be smart and join the current trend of removing online fees or at least dropping the cost significantly.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
On the off-topic discussion of PSO I loved that game till no end. Every other Phantasy Star multiplayer has failed so far. I have hopes for PSOII but seeing as its currently PC user game at the moment is starting to have me think back to when PSU came out good concept but overall a terrible game. PSP2 for the PSP is the second funnest PS game I've played but still is no PSO.

Lets stay to P:M discussions/topics please even though I know its hard not to. I remember the post a while back about getting infractions by not staying on topic ....

ManEg

Smash Journeyman
Love PSO. I'm hoping PSO2 is true to its predecessor unlike other games like PSU. Hopefully Sega will be smart and join the current trend of removing online fees or at least dropping the cost significantly.
This. Saw the trailer some time ago and at least the music and visuals are worthy of PSO. They made some big changes in gameplay, but as long as the atmosphere of the game makes me feel like Im actually in the future, I dont care. Really hoping it's online will be free.

Oh wait, still waiting for that blogpost Shanus!!

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Kirby's copy ability seems like one of those things that can't really be solved entirely until the whole rest of the cast has their movesets - and neutral Bs specifically - all sorted out. I imagine it's a ways off in that respect. About the simple inhale part of it... there doesn't really seem like much that needs changing from melee or brawl... maybe just melee's range would be nice. *shrugs*

And about that "who posted" link... how do you bring that page up? Lol, interesting info. Most of the people in the top 25 are totally expected... and apparently I'm not doing as good a job at lurking as I thought :p.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Woah, I didn't know that Smashboards had that feature. I'm surprisingly near the top in terms of posts ITT. Actually, I'm right above standardtoaster and Dantarion in post count :cool:

I'm still more happy that I have the second non-dev post on the first page of this topic :)

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
To get the "Who Posted?" page, just click the number of replies that is next to the thread title.
Oh... you mean outside the thread itself. To the right of the title within the "Brawl Code Sets" page. Well, I bookmark the last page I was on in the thread if I'm gonna be gone for a while, then delete it when I get back... so I almost never see the code sets page anymore, nor do I have to.

Again, interesting info nonetheless... and thanks for letting me know, lol.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm surprised how often this thread gets off topic. lol
If you were here more often... you wouldn't be at all surprised, lol.

...and to solve that problem (hopefully).
Anything been done to resolve the replay issue? Is it an easy or hard thing to fix. Is it even something that's immediately important or will you guys get to it at a later point.

Also, how about those cpus? Still on the backburner, so to speak?

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Replays save everything as button inputs. They desync because of the new light press code. We have yet to make them store properly.
Ohh... I know that replays are stored as button data, but I forgot that the backroom version has lightpresses.

Speaking of replays...
Not sure if this is at all possible - (heh, like most things I ask about) - but can replays be made to pause, rewind, fastfoward, and slow?
...well, obviously they can pause, lol.

Edit:
CPUs have yet to be messed with in PM.
I suspected. I imagine it's something that can't be properly tackled until most, if not all, the characters have their movesets completed. If big changes are planned that is - if not much is gonna be changed with them, it could happen anytime I suppose. And I bet Nana work could segue into cpu work when that happens.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Wow I'm 28! Didn't know I posted that much. Then again, most of my posts are in this thread.

Having custom ai would be a dream come true. Single player modes would also be really fun to play. (And All-star mode would be too hard, if not unwinnable lol)

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Wow I'm 28! Didn't know I posted that much. Then again, most of my posts are in this thread.

Having custom ai would be a dream come true. Single player modes would also be really fun to play. (And All-star mode would be too hard, if not unwinnable lol)

You can always mod the order of the characters and stages used.

Maybe we can force the game to output more hearts later.

Any worthy Procario YT vids yet?

Ecks

Smash Lord
@EY. Oh yeah, I forgot we could do that too. lol

Just imagine Falco spamming lasers while Fox and Wolf slaughter you. Oh the joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom