• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Also, they were in a tournament with a cash entry, so that's not the right time to be experimenting with new characters.

shanus

Smash Hero
Subroutine@1054C

-----------|START|--------------------------
Change Action - ID=0x41, Requirement=2E,
Additional Requirement - Requirement=Bit is Set, Variable=RA-Bit[17],
Change Action - ID=0x41, Requirement=2E,
Additional Requirement - Requirement=In Air,

Change Action(Status) - StatusID=0x2734, ID=0x40, Requirement=2E,
----------------------------|END|-----------

Subroutine@104A4

-----------|START|--------------------------
If - RA-Basic[1] >= 0.00x
!Work-04! 12040100 - RA-Basic[1],
If - Requirement=Button Pressed, 0x2,
Bit Variable Set - RA-Bit[17],
End If
If - IC-Basic[1018] >= IC-Basic[3141]
And - IC-Basic[21002] < IC-Basic[23035]
Bit Variable Set - RA-Bit[17],
End If
End If
----------------------------|END|-----------

Technically you should be able to do it currently in brawl. However, the second one defaulting you to air jump if you are in air might be the problem from the choice.

Nopping the two underlined lines would make it entirely choice based.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
No, rewinding, fast forwarding, and etc. would not be possible because all the replay is a button format. You can't "rewind" button inputs as it's just that, buttons, there's no actual video. So any kind of "reversing" or "speed up" wouldn't work.
The answer I expected. Practically impossible within the scope of the project. Nothing wrong with that, imo. I was just curious in the off chance that it wasn't as difficult a thing to play with as it's coding system would suggest.

Well, you COULD rewind/FF button inputs, I just don't think it would be possible unless you were one of the actual game developers and fully understood the functionality of replays and could write in completely new replay codes :awesome:
If it truly would take an enormous amount of time to fix, I'd say that we'd probably just make the release with bugged replays. It isn't that big of a deal, people just have to record "melee style." IE: Record while playing.
But of course... nothing is really impossible. I'm sure it's doable somehow for anyone or any persons who are talented/very knowledgeable, have plenty of time on their hands, and cared enough to tackle such a project. However, starting from scratch, perhaps editing even how the game records, would likely be required. I'm willing to bet that these extra replay features have been considered for vbrawl, but even that's likely too daunting - plus, vbrawl doesn't have a replay problem to begin with. Although PM is the only legit mod with a replay problem, it's just too much extra effort to make it work, much less add anything special. The only benefit it has is that the current replay coding probably has to be scrapped for it anyways, but I really don't know. Still, sounds like it just isn't that important to the PM team or within the scope of their abilities atm. In any case, something this big would require it's own separate project/team - probably with many of the same talents however... or, as UltiMario* suggested, it would require "one of the actual game developers," lol.

*(I always think and, as a result, want to type "UtiltMario". But I suspected that was wrong, so I checked your name real quick. Didn't want to Magnus your Magus so to speak :p)

Edit:
(Might have to get a capture card or some similar device, since I do like to have my replays... even if they're usually just crap >.>)

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Rewinding wouldn't work with input-based replays no matter what. The game makes the characters react according to the inputs, but even playing them in reverse wouldn't make the characters move backwards or fall upwards.

Fast forwarding would not only require increasing the speed of the inputs, but the speed of the game as a whole. And I don't see that happening either (especially not in P:M).

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
also jahkz, you can get a capture card fo like 10-40+ dollars
Been awhile since I've looked anything like that up, but...

Envy... Around herea card like that would cost me double or triple that price... :(
Yeah, I feel like they're usually steeper like BinAlly is describing. But again, it's been a while since I've looked and I could be mistaken.

Rewinding wouldn't work with input-based replays no matter what. The game makes the characters react according to the inputs, but even playing them in reverse wouldn't make the characters move backwards or fall upwards.

Fast forwarding would not only require increasing the speed of the inputs, but the speed of the game as a whole. And I don't see that happening either (especially not in P:M).
...and that's why I mentioned that the system for recording replays would likely have to be scrapped and started from scratch if you wanted to use those options. I don't think the replays in PM would require an overhaul like that to just get them working again however. Btw, I've had glitched replays in vbrawl "fastforward" on their own, lol.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Just wondering since the ^B for Lucas, and Ness is fixed I mean they slide up the wall just wondering if Diddy's is also fixed or if it still has that problem when atleast in B+ when his up B would hit the ledge angled where it looked like you could grab the ledge would make his Rocket pack explode. Just wondering if Diddys UP is fixed or not.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Hey quick question. When I was playing PM with Wes in NYC I felt that ZSS' dsmash on the ledge was really strong given that she has a spike now. I was wondering whether that's going to stay or not. I realize there are counters to it like meteor cancelling and hopefully ledgeteching but my dsmash dair combination was really insane in low-level play... or even mid-level...

In brawl this doesn't work as well because of ledgesnapping obviously.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Dair is a strong meteor iirc

:phone:

Also, meteor =/= spike

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I wasn't technical enough and referred to her meteor colloquially as a spike instead of a meteor. I realize it can be countered by meteor canceling but again, outside of high level play this technique (dsmash-dair) is really strong.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Well, it's certainly not low-level... the group I was playing with had a pretty decent handle on the game but were always complaining about it.

And no, Monk, that definitely isn't what I meant.

Again, in high-level play I doubt it'll be a problem.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
Wow, I missed a lot....

Dant and dat magic! Dantarion > PW. No doubt. I'm glad to see advancements in the clone engine. :)

And yay, revival of Project M-etagame. We should have more gameplay discussion anyway. What good is the content if you can't play it well?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Great going with the advancements Dantarion!

Moar Roy hope! I didn't realize how much I'd miss him until he left us! /overdramatic

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Yeah, I feel like they're usually steeper like BinAlly is describing. But again, it's been a while since I've looked and I could be mistaken.
A quick google search on Dazzle revealed price ranges from $40-$70, though I live in the U.S. and I know a lot of people on these boards don't.

Dantarion > PW. No doubt. I'm glad to see advancements in the clone engine.
Dantarion just does more in the community than PW. PW occasionally ninjas everyone, whereas Dant ninjas everyone on a weekly to monthly basis. Remember, if it weren't for PW, we'd still be manually inputting MSPaint textures into a Brawl ISO.

Flynn360

Smash Cadet
yes Clone engine progress...and i though it was never going to get worked on...the hopes of having roy and mewtwo have increased a bit :]

metroid1117

Smash Master
Dair is a strong meteor iirc

Also, meteor =/= spike

Yeah, but is it still plausible to survive it given that the meteor canceling window was delayed to 16 frames instead of 8? Also, does getting paralyzed by ZSS' DSmash put you in a position that would allow you to tech against the stage?

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Yeah, but is it still plausible to survive it given that the meteor canceling window was delayed to 16 frames instead of 8? Also, does getting paralyzed by ZSS' DSmash put you in a position that would allow you to tech against the stage?
For characters with bad recoveries, I guess they're pretty much screwed, but that's just theorycrafting, I don't know how well it actually works.
And ledgeteching isn't done yet, so it's not really an option for now.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
I'm waiting for the patch with landing detection to make his aerials less dumb to land on characters low to the ground.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
I'm waiting for the patch with landing detection to make his aerials less dumb to land on characters low to the ground.
Me too pretty much, I only play P:M now when my friend comes over

JCaesar is the only other Link I've seen that's acceptable, but I can do better than that, I should probably upload some more videos.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I think you can still survive if you have a recovery that is great like Fox's. If you had a recovery like Bowser, then probably not.
Me too pretty much, I only play P:M now when my friend comes over

JCaesar is the only other Link I've seen that's acceptable, but I can do better than that, I should probably upload some more videos.
Funny thing about Link. Shadic made link. Yet he has no videos of himself playing Link on youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom