• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Funny thing about Link. Shadic made link. Yet he has no videos of himself playing Link on youtube.

EDIT: Oh. He does. Pretty good link, I must say.
Yeah, that's not me. It's hilarious that one of the many guys who took my name plays Link though. :awesome:

As for why there's no Link vids of mine on Youtube - No capture card, haven't played against anybody in about a month, etc.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
A quick google search on Dazzle revealed price ranges from $40-$70, though I live in the U.S. and I know a lot of people on these boards don't.
Sounds like the prices I'd expect, but I'll check to see if there are any deals out there like Monk suggested.

Dantarion just does more in the community than PW. PW occasionally ninjas everyone, whereas Dant ninjas everyone on a weekly to monthly basis. Remember, if it weren't for PW, we'd still be manually inputting MSPaint textures into a Brawl ISO.
I remember those days. It was the only time I was ever actively doing my own "modding"/"hacking" or whatever. Then my wii broke and I just didn't get it fixed for 9 months. When I got it back, there was so much more that could be done... and I was way behind on top of the fact that I didn't remember well what I had known, lol. Haven't even looked at brawlbox... just not that interested in that stuff like I was. All I know is the manually inputting Paint.net textures into ISO packs that texture hackers would make as a framework. A "dead art", so to speak.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
we should get a paypal set up for shadic so he can get a capture card
i'd suggest going to best buy or walmart for a capture card

ST and I bought our dazzle for $70-80
I see how it is... Shadic's gonna get donations but I'm supposed to lay down $80 all on my own :p.

You can get a capture card for $3 on amazon lol that's where I got mine
Wow... with a price like that... I can't help but imagine getting some piece of crap xD.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
You have to consider the quality of the product in relation to the price. That's like 5 cent burritos; just sounds plain deadly.

EDIT: Ninja'd. Damn you live topic!

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Edit Nevermind but if I had recording equipment I would record my matches I have with my friends. Anywho I usually do play a little of everyone in the demo.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
were you getting the sound from the capture card or from a headset or something?
The card, the sound does suck I know but I'm not too concerned about it

On another note, the "clank" sounds in the demo when 2 characters hit each other and their attacks cancel out, is it a code or is it a sound that can be replaced?

I wanted to try replacing that sound with some other ones I have from my movie making days and see how they fit.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
A code. It's merely changing the clank action's sound ID to something else (which sounds like the No Contest metal clink sound and a few other sounds that use it).

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I do love Link in Melee, but I really miss his tether recovery in P:M =(

To be honest, I couldn't really get into Link in the demo. Some stuff felt really different, but I suspect that landing detection played a part in that. I'll definitely give him a second chance once the patch comes out.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
It's not that bad, if you saw any of my old videos you should know, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBliS1FSIJQ

Not good but not bad
Generally, I'd rather pay more (if I have the money) for something I'm sure will work, much less work well. I could get better sound and equivalent visuals with my camera, lol. (Although, I payed a lot for the nice camera I have... but I'd rather not take the time to set it up for that when I could use a capture card that copies direct to my computer). I mean no offense, but that vid sounds almost like "Youtube Poop" xD.... OK... that was harsh... I apologize. But it looks unbelievable for the 5 dollars or whatever silly low price you payed.

Edit:
Wow... even more astoundingly unbelievable quality for a five dollar card! I maybe could be happy with that quality, I just have a hard time trusting the price tag. Still, I would prefer higher quality and will probably end up getting more of a "sure thing". However, more homework obviously needs to be done before I commit to buying anything.

PeachEater74

Smash Apprentice
Generally, I'd rather pay more (if I have the money) for something I'm sure will work, much less work well. I could get better sound and equivalent visuals with my camera, lol. (Although, I payed a lot for the nice camera I have... but I'd rather not take the time to set it up for that when I could use a capture card that copies direct to my computer). I mean no offense, but that vid sounds almost like "Youtube Poop" xD.... OK... that was harsh... I apologize. But it looks unbelievable for the 5 dollars or whatever silly low price you payed.

Edit:

Wow... even more astoundingly unbelievable quality for a five dollar card! I maybe could be happy with that quality, I just have a hard time trusting the price tag. Still, I would prefer higher quality and will probably end up getting more of a "sure thing". However, more homework obviously needs to be done before I commit to buying anything.
http://www.amazon.com/EASYCAP-Audio...SSMY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1305172897&sr=8-2

There you go sir. The price is slightly higher than when I purchased it, unless you buy it from an Amazon user. Regardless, it's what I use.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
I can donate a pci capture card (its in my possession).... works well enough ;) its my friend spoons, but im sure he wouldnt mind... isnt that right spoon?

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Wat dis mean? I can't watch streams from this thing.

:phone:
I think it means explicitly what it says: no more need to patch the modules for any character to work over another (without considering SFX and GFX of course). In the stream, he uses Mewtwo over Mario vs. Lucario.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I think it means explicitly what it says: no more need to patch the modules for any character to work over another (without considering SFX and GFX of course). In the stream, he uses Mewtwo over Mario vs. Lucario.
Ooh! That's awesome. What does that say about characters with articles though? Since iirc that was a problem that had been run into recently. Is that less of an issue?

Are the CE characters able to be looked at with more seriousness?

:phone:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Seems like you outdid Phantomwings this time, Dantarion. I don't know how it will work, but I'm all for more balanced characters. Honestly, I wouldn't put a fan-character with the clone engine; they need to be balanced for PM.

Still, if the PM team can use this, the projec twill be that much more attractive.

It doesn't seem done, but if seems like an advancement.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Not sure if I am supposed to post this in here but who knows!
IT HAPPENED.
I DID IT.
NO PATCHED MODULES.
http://www.justin.tv/dantarion/b/285661899
I saw it. Great stuff.

Moar motivation to stop skipping around remaking the animations on him....

I like having a Melee dump I made myself on my PC for some reason....

anyway, cool that there's a stream, and salty too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom