• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
I know its a really good discovery but how much does it help the character's alterations by? I just know that samus and zamus are the ones that have very limited space for alterations.
who all previously had troublesome filesize limits?
To be honest, just ZSS/Samus as far as I know. But it was a huge obstacle for those characters.

Pokémon may be affected as well, not sure.

O.o

Please. Explain. Nao.

Really.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=10935527&postcount=844

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
the only thing that will solve the SFX issue is FPC 4.0 (not happening) or Riivolution. we're going with the latter.
a .pac injection has nothing to do with file replacement, only overwriting lines of code at a specific offset. you're silly.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
Sora: He retired because he never even liked Brawl in the first place (at least not competitively) and has now moved on to things he enjoys more such as a Super Mario Galaxy level editor.

Sora-kun

Smash Ace
who can blame him? but modding brawl is one of the things that make it worth a ****. i'm not very fond of Mario <_< so he has no support from me
inb4whocares

so.. no one in the world is fit to fix the 4.0 code? <_<

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
He will. The issue is animations though, not hitboxes. Marth holds his sword at a stupid, awkward angle that points into the Z axis in Brawl, so it makes his sword range shorter.

Uh, what Melee SFX were shown? FYI, the Shines are using sounds already in Brawl, just not the ones Sakurai (stupidly) picked. And SFX are complicated, but I'm fairly certain we'll make it so the same .pac file could be used with or without an SFX pack - We'll replace the equivalent sounds from Brawl with those from Melee. I'm not aware of much work in regards to custom Melee SFX, however.
1) Interesting. I had no idea the z-axis angle was the (at least partial) culprit. Good to know the range will be restored!

2) Whoa, shine's SFX was already in? Sakuraaaaaiiii! Well, that makes stuff much simpler. I'm guessing the same for high-damage screams and stuff? Too good. That's great news!

Thanks Shadic!

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
whats the point of trolling anime-themed alts with 2 posts

Oh. Uh... I mean, it allows additional recovery and item setup options for characters that can pull items (Link, Peach, Diddy, etc.) and it's in because it's a natural consequence of the MAD code.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
idc. they aren't banning action replays or anything. Brawl isn't just bad because they "changed it" it's simply bad. sure from a casual gamer's point of view it's the best thing ever, but to anyone who's good(ish) at smash, it's trash. plus, they made the money off of the trash already so they can stfu and let me make meh texturez. they can blame sakurai. brawl is a great game.. until you start getting into the depth and advanced play.. then it's the worst thing ever.. it's like a cake. top layer is icing. mid layer is dark chocolate(eww). bottom layer is the cardboard that your baby brother puked on before the cake was put on it. the deeper you go the worse it's gonna taste. <_<

and also, their motives aren't as pure as "OMG WE PUT WORK INTO THIS TO MAKE ALL OF THE PEOPLEZ HAPPY AND NO ONE APPRECIATES IT ;____;"
it's more: "OMGWTF SOOOME PEOPLE ARE PIRATING WITH HOMEBREW?? DELETE DELETE DELETE BCUZ WE'RE LOSING MONEY OMGWTFBBQ"
i agree that people shouldn't pirate, but the ones who are using it for recreational purposes or w/e shouldn't be punished.
No. Brawl isn't "bad". Brawl's quality is purely subjective.

I'm doubting you've ever even played Brawl, and are just jumping on the Brawl-hate band wagon. Lol at Brawl only being good from a casual gamer's point of view, that is one of the stupidest things I've heard in this topic.

So, you're reasoning for Melee being superior is added depth? When you get down to it, not much depth has been taken out. L-Cancelling was fake-depth, Wavedashing has been replaced by other movement methods, there are a plethora of character-specific advanced techniques as well.

And I'd like to see your sources for how you know Nintendo's motives for deleting homebrew, please.

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
its ****ing ********. prove me wrong
this is what i was getting at, this 2.0 stuff is getting out of hand
what about regular glide toss or will that not work because of friction
also wind owl this isn't to troll, i just like bleach lol:laugh:
also brawl is bad haha

stingers

Smash Obsessed
well guys, think about it.

the goal of this object is to carry over everything from melee into brawl...so if you're adding UNIVERSAL things that weren't in melee already, they do need some sort of explanation for why they're there

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
It adds technical depth. Prove me wrong.
Seventh grade debate club all over again :0

GrimTuesday said:
No. Brawl isn't "bad". Brawl's quality is purely subjective.

I'm doubting you've ever even played Brawl, and are just jumping on the Brawl-hate band wagon. Lol at Brawl only being good from a casual gamer's point of view, that is one of the stupidest things I've heard in this topic.

So, you're reasoning for Melee being superior is added depth? When you get down to it, not much depth has been taken out. L-Cancelling was fake-depth, Wavedashing has been replaced by other movement methods, there are a plethora of character-specific advanced techniques as well.

And I'd like to see your sources for how you know Nintendo's motives for deleting homebrew, please.
Brawl is a bad game from both a competitive and casual standpoint. Lack of Pichu is unforgivable.

Try to make less claims without evidence or support. In what way is L-Canceling "Fake-Depth"? What forms of movement were added to Brawl that serve even a similar function as wavedashing? What character specific techniques add any actual depth to their metagame in real play? Depth has very little to do with techniques, but rather their application.

Explain yourself and stop making baseless and/or support-lacking, foolish, snide comments.

Sterowent

Smash Ace
man, i'm not really keen on the idea of taking a lot of **** out. the few things that brawl could add to the game, in a legitimate sense, and people are requesting their removal straight from the getgo. it's not a bad thing to ask for why they're there, but it's a bad thing to ask them to be removed because they don't belong, followed by asking what they would bring to the table if they were kept in.

that's already happened to tripping. JCz posting that it's unintentionally still around confirms trip death.

from what i can tell, the nice thing about AGT is it helps characters be more offensive when using an item, which naturally promotes defensive play. i dunno the full reason though, and i'm pretty curious about what the intentions of AGT are too.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
best way to make brawl the best casual game ever:

stickers in multiplayer mode
Stickers was probably my favorite part.

well guys, think about it.

the goal of this object is to carry over everything from melee into brawl...so if you're adding UNIVERSAL things that weren't in melee already, they do need some sort of explanation for why they're there
If you haven't played then we don't expect you to understand. Just don't shoot your keyboard off about something you have no idea what you're talking about.

-DD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i have played...dont shoot your keyboard off about something you have no idea what you're talking about, condescending keyboard king.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
i have played...dont shoot your keyboard off about something you have no idea what you're talking about, condescending keyboard king.
My mistake.

Since you have played then you missed something and need to revisit it, as it does not detract from the core gameplay, but enhances it.
-DD

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean honestly, saying "it adds technical options to several characters" is just public relations for "we ****ed this up and thought it looked cool so it might as well stay" lol. it obviously wasn't intended.

though I see what you mean about melee 2.0. i just don't think "aerial glide tossing" is the right thing to do is all. not to mention im sure there's some broken way to continue aerial glide tossing something up lol...though thats just theory and not really important =p

stingers

Smash Obsessed
i mean honestly, saying "it adds technical options to several characters" is just public relations for "we ****ed this up and thought it looked cool so it might as well stay" lol. it obviously wasn't intended.

though I see what you mean about melee 2.0. i just don't think "aerial glide tossing" is the right thing to do is all. not to mention im sure there's some broken way to continue aerial glide tossing something up lol...though thats just theory and not really important =p

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

There wasn't really a way to remove the AGT at the time of the first revisions of the MAD, so we kept it in as an interesting addition, and it worked. Its really no different than how Wavedashing[according to an interview with Sakurai in Nintendo Power] came about.

If there are bugs or balance issues with it, then we'll fix them. As it stands though it has become a valuable part of Diddy, Snake's, and the Link's approach games.

-DD

ICHIGOBLEACH

Smash Apprentice
you guys are starting to make odd changes and when asked "why is this here" or "why did you change that" the answer is always "it's melee 2.0"
don't stray too far from melee guys or you'll turn off people from the project

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
we haven't added any new AT's. any current AT's existing in Project M that weren't in Melee were due to codes to put Melee stuff in and new stuff happened due to Brawl.
like i'm pretty sure no one objects to RAR without just being a typical arrogant "MELEE MELEE MELEE IS PERFECT I LOVE MY IMBALANCED GAME THAT WILL EVENTUALLY GET STALE" dude. aerial glide toss may or may not be in the final version of project m, but i personally don't see why not. it adds offensive and defensive options to characters, takes skill to do, and is universal. AT's like these add depth to the game, much like how Dash-Dancing and wavedashing do. do keep in mind we're not trying to make Melee 1.1. that'd be silly.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
also i'd just like to note that air dodge cancelled zairs went further then wavedashes for characters when I played with them....which is downright silly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom