• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.W.

Smash Champion
So I know Fox and Falco's projectiles are jump cancelable, but are there going to be any more that are? Like Mario's or Luigi's fireballs or maybe Diddy's peanuts or PK Fire/Freeze?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Their projectiles aren't jump cancelable...
Do you mean cancelable on land?

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Originally Posted by Vigilante
You Spanish people, here is my revenge! French!

Je me demandais à quoi ressemblait Wolf. Surtout au niveau du déflecteur. Et votre mère était un hamster.
ok lemme try and guess:

(something about how Wolf looks). (maybe something about a new reflector). (Wolf is a hamster? *nods in approval*)

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
So I know Fox and Falco's projectiles are jump cancelable, but are there going to be any more that are? Like Mario's or Luigi's fireballs or maybe Diddy's peanuts or PK Fire/Freeze?
I think you mean land..cancel.......able? XD

I'm not sure cuz im' not PMBR but I think some others should get the ability. I actually do not think Pit should be one of those. Though I'm a supporter of improving pit I think that would lead to some stupid gay camping ability considering his flying abilities. UpB/SideB->arrows would be soooooooooooooo gay.

on second though.....do it lol. It's not balancing phase after all.

B.W.

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess landcancel would be more correct. But I was thinking the main people that would benefit from this that might not have it are: Mario, Luigi, Lucas, Ness, Diddy, DDD, ZSS and maybe Pikachu.

I agree Pit doesn't really need it and I don't think Link or T.Link need it too much either.

iLink

Smash Champion
Yeah I guess landcancel would be more correct. But I was thinking the main people that would benefit from this that might not have it are: Mario, Luigi, Lucas, Ness, Diddy, DDD, ZSS and maybe Pikachu.

I agree Pit doesn't really need it and I don't think Link or T.Link need it too much either.
Link and Toonlink have something similar from brawl called bow canceling.

rageagainst

Smash Journeyman
The ? was basically confirmed not to be Dr. Mario, so I'm gonna say its probably gonna be Roy, since he's the easiest to port over from melee (though you would have to get a new character model)... which is a shame since he had one of the most boring playstyles in melee, in PM I feel he will be redundant with Ike and Marth in the game, so I hope they port over mewtwo somehow, you can feel the awesome potential he had in melee if he wasn't gimped by so many factors.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
The ? was basically confirmed not to be Dr. Mario, so I'm gonna say its probably gonna be Roy, since he's the easiest to port over from melee (though you would have to get a new character model)... which is a shame since he had one of the most boring playstyles in melee, in PM I feel he will be redundant with Ike and Marth in the game, so I hope they port over mewtwo somehow, you can feel the awesome potential he had in melee if he wasn't gimped by so many factors.
psh noob

? is obv master hand

B.W.

Smash Champion
The ? on the site is a custom character named Sakurai. He's the joke character of the game, whenever he hits someone he heals them and all of his B moves take a stock away from him.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The ? on the site is a custom character named Sakurai. He's the joke character of the game, whenever he hits someone he heals them and all of his B moves take a stock away from him.

Don't forget his run animation is him tripping.

Cubelarooso

Smash Lord
No, the ? is Rick Astley.

His ^B is giving you up, vB is letting you down, >B is running around, and B is deserting you.

However, his A moves are so powerful, you're never gonna use his B moves.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
ok lemme try and guess:

(something about how Wolf looks). (maybe something about a new reflector). (Wolf is a hamster? *nods in approval*)

Close:

"I was wondering how Wolf was looking at the moment. Especially in terms of his reflector. And your mom was a hamster"

I'll also clarify I meant his reflector game, as in how useful it seems to be.

El Raspa

Smash Apprentice
I really hope that P:M will be released this weekend because the monday is a holliday in Mexico

MAldita sea, llegué tarde a la fiesta de español :(. Agregué a algunos para luego echar retas por wifi chavos

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The ? is there to troll everyone by tricking them into doing pointless speculation to fill time.

Anyway, good luck with everything.

iLink

Smash Champion
No, the ? is Rick Astley.

His ^B is giving you up, vB is letting you down, >B is running around, and B is deserting you.

However, his A moves are so powerful, you're never gonna use his B moves.
The thread should have been locked after this post

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Btw, on DJC thing seeming awkward, I'm kind of worried about that as well, but i can't really give my opinion on it till i try it myself.

Honestly though, it seems like the brawl + setup makes it harder for some of the DJC options. I'm trying to imagine using that setup right now while playing M2 in melee, and it's unnecessarily difficulty to use OoS DJC Fair. I'd almost say it would be easier if the setup was hold jump button while attacking to DJC and release to not DJC.

ClinkStryphart

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClinkStryphart
3DS FC
1891-1406-8889
Btw, on DJC thing seeming awkward, I'm kind of worried about that as well, but i can't really give my opinion on it till i try it myself.

Honestly though, it seems like the brawl + setup makes it harder for some of the DJC options. I'm trying to imagine using that setup right now while playing M2 in melee, and it's unnecessarily difficulty to use OoS DJC Fair. I'd almost say it would be easier if the setup was hold jump button while attacking to DJC and release to not DJC.
ya I really didn't like the way how DJC worked in B+ . Having to hold jump inorder to keep the full duration of the second jump espically on ness and yoshi was a fing pain. Hence the reason why strayed from those characters. But regardless the way how it is in P:M I'll still have to get used to it because I actually like playing Ness.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
I don't see how holding a button makes things especially difficult, especially when it adds the ability to not lose all upward momentum from an aerial attack after a jump.

MK26

Smash Master
http://www.mediafire.com/?zj2oddmz0yy for ZSS fix!
ya I really didn't like the way how DJC worked in B+ . Having to hold jump inorder to keep the full duration of the second jump espically on ness and yoshi was a fing pain. Hence the reason why strayed from those characters. But regardless the way how it is in P:M I'll still have to get used to it because I actually like playing Ness.
um.

now extra options are a bad thing?

im a huge noob, yet i had no trouble adapting to the djc mechanics and i certainly hope they will be implemented into pm

B.W.

Smash Champion
um.

now extra options are a bad thing?

im a huge noob, yet i had no trouble adapting to the djc mechanics and i certainly hope they will be implemented into pm
MK's a noob confirmed for PM.

From the way I heard it works though if you wanna DJC you sorta press it as long as you would for a SH but if you want to keep going up you just do a high jump. That doesn't sound that hard to me.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I don't see how holding a button makes things especially difficult, especially when it adds the ability to not lose all upward momentum from an aerial attack after a jump.
Keeping the upward momentum isn't the problem. I can hold the button the whole duration of a jump if i need to, that isnt hard. It's trying to get the fastest DJC possible that gets ridiculous.

For M2's OoS DJC Fair, you want to hit the ground ASAP so as to follow up with the combo. If i actually have to focus for even 1-2 frames on not holding the jump button for the DJC, it becomes 10x harder to land immediately after connecting the move, which M2 needs to be able to do consistently.

Like i said, I still have to try out b+ djc system for myself, but it sounds like it makes certain combos either harder or impossible for some characters. Then again, M2 is still a year away from even being rumored in P:M, so i dont know why i care about it so much now.

I never said the way brawl + thought of the DJC was a bad thing. I thought it was pretty unique. I was just saying that if you reversed how when you hold what for what action, it might make it easier.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Keeping the upward momentum isn't the problem. I can hold the button the whole duration of a jump if i need to, that isnt hard. It's trying to get the fastest DJC possible by releasing the button that gets ridiculous.

For M2's OoS DJC Fair, you want to hit the ground ASAP so as to follow up with the combo. If i actually have to focus for even 1-2 frames on not holding the jump button for the DJC, it becomes 10x harder to land immediately after connecting the move, which M2 needs to be able to do consistently.

Like i said, I still have to try out b+ djc system for myself, but it sounds like it makes certain combos either harder or impossible for some characters. Then again, M2 is still a year away from even being rumored in P:M, so i dont know why i care about it so much now.

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Tatsu, don't say a bit unless you actually main M2. I need to be perfect to be at a workable tournament level. Punishing stupid shffls with a fair is part of what makes M2 not in negligible tier.

It's not just bit. Go into melee right now, and try to do OoS DJC Fair l-cancel with Mewtwo. Not too hard to do, right? Now try doing it by having to release jump within 1-2 frames. Not so easy anymore, is it?

And once again, if you are willing to read this time, IM NOT SAYING GET RID OF THE DAM MECHANIC!!! Just changing like i've suggested before would be nice. Even if this doesn't happen, I won't complain much, but i honestly think having OoS DJC options are pretty nice.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Tatsu, don't say a bit unless you actually main M2. I need to be perfect to be at a workable tournament level. Punishing stupid shffls with a fair is part of what makes M2 not in negligible tier.

It's not just bit. Go into melee right now, and try to do OoS DJC Fair l-cancel with Mewtwo. Not too hard to do, right? Now try doing it by having to release jump within 1-2 frames. Not so easy anymore, is it?

And once again, if you are willing to read this time, IM NOT SAYING GET RID OF THE DAM MECHANIC!!! Just changing like i've suggested before would be nice. Even if this doesn't happen, I won't complain much, but i honestly think having OoS DJC options are pretty nice.
Okay, I main Mewtwo so I guess I have credibility to answer you.

>_> I have to tell you, I have no idea how you're doing perfect DJCAerials OoS without letting go of any of the jump buttons.

-DD

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I think it may be more or less because I have big thumbs. I usually cover about 3/4 buttons on the controllers with only my thumbprint. I only have to roll my thumb from X to A to get good OoS DJC aerials.

Either way though, like i said, I still have no clue how sensitive that brawl+ DJC system is, never played the game. If it's too sensitive though, i feel it could interfere with things like OoS DJC aerials.

Lolo_knight

Smash Apprentice
You know it would be cool to see in game faqs Upcoming Wii Game Releases: 02/xx SSBB P:M.

If you hate Gfqs insert your desired web /\ here

iLink

Smash Champion
Also you can DJC with the stick by just holding up if you have tap jump on. Just do the initial jump with Y/X and the DJC with the stick.

Starscream

Smash Ace
I think it may be more or less because I have big thumbs. I usually cover about 3/4 buttons on the controllers with only my thumbprint. I only have to roll my thumb from X to A to get good OoS DJC aerials.
Gotta say, it's baffling why anyone uses X to jump. I mean, when I put my thumb over A the top of my thumb sits comfortably over Y as well so I never have to move my thumb around for aerials. I guess if you have big thumbs that doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom