• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
portraits and slash appear black.
sorry about quality but it looks like this
Slash and portraits appearing black... Hmm. They are also both transparent images in the file while the names were not and the names have disappeared. So, then my solution is likely to make the slash and portraits black.

EDIT: Haha, when I previewed those two images, it was outlined in black. I don't know how, but I somehow didn't properly erase it. However, since the black doesn't show up and the white is flipped to black in-game, I am still correct about making it all black.

Thanks. I'll have another test out possibly soon.

What file system should I use and what allocation unit should I use for Project M?
I'm not sure if it matters, but my SD card is in FAT if that means anything.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Haha, done already. Pretty straightforward edit. info_test2.pac. As like last time, remove the "_test2" from the file name and put it in pf/info2/
The only changes were replacing InfFaceBase00 and InfFaceLine00 with completely black images. I do fear that the character battle portrait will still be there as proven by _Mint_'s picture, but I'll find a simple workaround that doesn't require installing all 200+ CBP's individually.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Well, when you delete or move something from a computer, SD card, anything with a memory, it leave a trace. Defragmenting removes those traces that take needless space. For your BRSTMs, these traces may interfered with its ability to read your music appropriately. So it will make your BRSTMs work AND give you a little more space.

iLink

Smash Champion
Weird static sounds as music has always been fixed for me by doing a defragment on the SD card so that's probably your best bet.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
You don't huh?

Ask yourself why everyone is always using custom images and not redesigning the colors of the animations in the background of the CSS/SSS.

It's because they can't.

At least that was the case. :cool:
Are you talking about that spinning wheel in the background?

I thought the reason was because people were lazy, not because they couldn't. I mean, considering that a few people have recolored the background, but not as many as have replaced it completely.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Haha, done already. Pretty straightforward edit. info_test2.pac. As like last time, remove the "_test2" from the file name and put it in pf/info2/
The only changes were replacing InfFaceBase00 and InfFaceLine00 with completely black images. I do fear that the character battle portrait will still be there as proven by _Mint_'s picture, but I'll find a simple workaround that doesn't require installing all 200+ CBP's individually.
lookin good names removed

lol at really bad quality phone camera

I thought the reason was because people were lazy, not because they couldn't. I mean, considering that a few people have recolored the background, but not as many as have replaced it completely.
yeah i still dont really know what he edited or what the purpose is.

Well, when you delete or move something from a computer, SD card, anything with a memory, it leave a trace. Defragmenting removes those traces that take needless space. For your BRSTMs, these traces may interfered with its ability to read your music appropriately. So it will make your BRSTMs work AND give you a little more space.
hmm i think not, the defragment probonly wasnt what fixed it, but it got took off and moved back which may have fixed it.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Ok what's the reasoning behind these character resizes? Why is Sonic smaller? Is there a certain advantage to this or something? Was it intentional? I also noticed Link is taller, was this intentional too?

M!nt

Smash Champion
they were scaled to melee size so maybe it just seems like there diffrent from playing brawl for awhile.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
I'm in the process of moving my files back after formatting and fragmenting the SD card, but I just remembered I forgot to mention that the audio always messes up on Metal Cavern, FoD & DL64 even if it's BRSTM's that I installed myself, so I have a feeling it may be the stages, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I'll see if it works better now that I formatted it and stuff.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
lookin good names removed

lol at really bad quality phone camera
Excellent. Looks like my next steps are making the CBP's disappear without having to individually edit them all and moving the stock icons to hang over the franchise icon and then we're good to go :D

hmm i think not, the defragment probonly wasnt what fixed it, but it got took off and moved back which may have fixed it.
I have to reason to believe this is true. When I looked at my new SD card after moving everything from my old SD card onto it, all of the information had absolutely no free space between bits. All of the free space was at the end rather than having bits between it and the rest at the end which happens when you remove and place files on there.

iLink

Smash Champion
I'm in the process of moving my files back after formatting and fragmenting the SD card, but I just remembered I forgot to mention that the audio always messes up on Metal Cavern, FoD & DL64 even if it's BRSTM's that I installed myself, so I have a feeling it may be the stages, but I'm not sure.
Anyway, I'll see if it works better now that I formatted it and stuff.
I have music on metal cavern so I don't really think the stage is the problem.

Takao9411

Smash Apprentice
I have music on metal cavern so I don't really think the stage is the problem.
My copy of the stage file my have been messed up, is what I was trying to say, since all my BRSTM's would never work on the stage no matter what and the original songs from Brawl wouldn't work either.

Anyway, after fragmenting the files and formatting the SD card, the audio is working properly. Thank you to everyone who helped me.

M!nt

Smash Champion
I have to reason to believe this is true. When I looked at my new SD card after moving everything from my old SD card onto it, all of the information had absolutely no free space between bits. All of the free space was at the end rather than having bits between it and the rest at the end which happens when you remove and place files on there.
Yes because flash memory such as usb sticks and cards don't have mechanical parts so everything is written from start to finish and it doesn't need to seek through the file system to access files.

Revven

FrankerZ
Ok what's the reasoning behind these character resizes? Why is Sonic smaller? Is there a certain advantage to this or something? Was it intentional? I also noticed Link is taller, was this intentional too?
Basically, we want the characters to be proportional to the stage sizes that they are in Melee. If you leave them at their Brawl size, stages become noticeably smaller and don't allow as much room especially for teams and free for alls. It's also to make it so hitboxes can be matched better and easier since the scale of the characters are much closer to Melee.

Link may appear taller because the other characters are slightly smaller than him in height. Shadic did some rough comparisons of Link in Melee and PM to get it so Link would be the proper size as that's how it was in Melee and he was too small before by comparison. Again though the size comparison for Link is rough because it's all visual. The other characters were calculated and are extremely close to Melee size but still not completely exact.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
they were scaled to melee size so maybe it just seems like there diffrent from playing brawl for awhile.
Sonic wasn't in Melee though

Basically, we want the characters to be proportional to the stage sizes that they are in Melee. If you leave them at their Brawl size, stages become noticeably smaller and don't allow as much room especially for teams and free for alls. It's also to make it so hitboxes can be matched better and easier since the scale of the characters are much closer to Melee.

Link may appear taller because the other characters are slightly smaller than him in height. Shadic did some rough comparisons of Link in Melee and PM to get it so Link would be the proper size as that's how it was in Melee and he was too small before by comparison. Again though the size comparison for Link is rough because it's all visual. The other characters were calculated and are extremely close to Melee size but still not completely exact.
Link isn't any bigger.
Well I got my questions answered, thanks guys :)

Ulevo

Smash Master

Well the thread that introduced the topic was sort of replaced by another and the topic of coloring the CSS/SS menu backgrounds was dropped all together in the transition. Either people were lazy or never thought of it. Not sure why, to be honest.

But yeah.

iLink

Smash Champion
Why do the downloads on the p:m site lead me to "access denied" pages? A few people that were getting their sd cards ready for smashfests are having this problem so I had to upload the files.

Akuma2120

Smash Ace
Wait wait, hold on for one more thing, so then does that mean Zelda was shorter in melee? Because in Vbrawl Link is shorter than Zelda by a bit, but in Project M Link is taller than Zelda...

shanus

Smash Hero
Why do the downloads on the p:m site lead me to "access denied" pages? A few people that were getting their sd cards ready for smashfests are having this problem so I had to upload the files.
we are doing some work on the site currently, it should be all fixed up in a bit

M!nt

Smash Champion
i dont think so its just because the stages were smaller in melee so technically i guess i dont know.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
i dont think so its just because the stages were smaller in melee so technically i guess i dont know.
seriousface.gif
The collisions are 100% exact. the stages ARE NOT smaller in Melee by comparison to Project M, and neither are the characters. End of discussion.

Next subject please.

M!nt

Smash Champion
seriousface.gif
The collisions are 100% exact. the stages ARE NOT smaller in Melee by comparison to Project M, and neither are the characters. End of discussion.

Next subject please.
i wasn't saying they were smaller than project m, i was saying they were smaller than vbrawl, but even that may not be true sorry bout that.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I say keep it. Lucas needs some more ATs (last I checked he only had flash jump, and that isn't in P:M). As long as it isn't broken, I see no reason to get rid of it.
It's been stated numerous times that it's being removed and that no one can say anything to stop it from being removed.

white dynamite

Smash Rookie
Question to the PM team:

It seems one of the largest complaints about the demo is the landing detection. Is that something that can be fixed by the final release?

Dan -Zodiac-

Smash Apprentice
@allin: he needs to let go of the control stick a fraction of a second before grabbing the edge in order to not cling
though it does seem that the cling window is too big
I don't think a dev was who answered the question, but I think the poster was correct about wall cling priority. I think it's become a problem because the ledge grab range was reduced so wall clinging will reach the ledge first. For the time being, you're going to have to do what MK26 mentioned by releasing the stick just a moment beforehand.
yeah that was the first thing that came to my head, its just weird sometimes. in real play it will literally look like sheik just techs the ledge while free falling cause she clings and lets go so fast (since you stop DI'ing towards the ledge once you reach it). i wouldnt have even bothered posting it if it didnt screw me up a couple times in a short series of games lol. but yeah im pretty sure its avoidable as long as you are aware of when to let go of the control stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom