• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Sounds a bit condescending... :/
I apologize for that. I mean like, I would love if there were more characters, but if they don't then that's understandable, seeing as they're more likely just to do a patch. A patch doesn't usually mean "Let's add more crap so we have to fix THAT up later while releasing MORE stuff to fix THAT up later too!"

It would just be a never-ending cycle until all the characters were in. I feel it would just be best off if they fine-tune what they have before they release anything else. I'm just trying to think from the developer's point of view, seeing as I plan on getting into Game Design myself.

Though, they could go another route and not patch, and just add some new characters. And when they finally add all the characters they'll start fine-tuning them as they're all together in one big happy family on the battlefield that they call home.

Whatever route they take though, I'll accept it anyway.

EDIT:
While I still have a recent post I'd like to ask this: Is Charizard's new Down-B, which I've mentally called Bounce (even though Charizard can't learn Bounce) capable of being used in the air? Or is the basic programming of PT's original Down-B preventing the use of it in the air? Not that it really matters, it's just a curious question. That Charizard looks like he plays beautifully and I'd love to play as it XD

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
DownB (Fly), can only be used on the ground. The SideB can be used in air and on the ground.
Wow, my friend was right in calling it Fly. Imagine that.
I also had a feeling it was on the ground only. Thanks for the clarification on that.

And just so I actually contribute some to here, I'd like to mention that while I'm not a big competitive player, I highly enjoyed the pace that Melee played at normally, allowing me to adapt rather easily to this mod.

In P:M I've been playing as Falco, Snake, Captain Falcon and Ganondorf. The first, third and fourth all play just like their Melee counterparts. I give you a congrats on that.

However, while Snake is a Brawl character, I feel he doesn't truly have enough of a Melee vibe to him in P:M right now. I could just not be playing him properly, but perhaps something could be done to make him have more o that Melee vibe to him. I'm not quite sure what one could do to change that, however. That is, if you even decide to change him up at all.

A couple of characters I'm keen on seeing in the demonstrations specifically are Wolf, the rest of PT's crew, Wario, and Toon Link. The last two are mains of mine from Vanilla Brawl or however the regular one's called, so I'm interested to see what you've got planned for them.

Ecks

Smash Lord
^ Really?

And I didn't know there were Melee players here in PR (Shows how much I know). Guess I should make an effort to go to, or find out about tourneys. When I get a car at least. :/

:phone:

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
The new gliding attack is Fire Spin, hmm? Sounds interesting.

Now, I forget if this was mentioned anywhere, but are all the Melee veterans going to have their original moves and move attributes from Melee, or is there going to be a slight mixture between brawl and Melee moves and attributes?

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
Oh good lord. How the heck did I forget that? XD I even play as Ganondorf most of the time too.

Now I just feel like a fool. <__<

How about for other characters, such as Luigi Cyclone? Will it be like Melee's hard-to-use one that greatly benefits you, or will it be Brawl's easier-to-use but less beneficial one? I'm also a Luigi player, so I'm kinda curious as to the adjustments that are in store for him too.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
Melee's Cyclone was very..... inconsistent. It only seems to ascend half of the time when recovering, which made it hardly reliable in that department.

I'd say to stick with Brawl's iteration.

ValTroX

Smash Ace
As far as I've seen Luigi, he still has B+'s Cyclone(he gets REALLY high out of jump). I think they are keeping the better version of the move. Like Falcon booster, it grabs to the edge and retains the lift up it has when it hits in the air.

Is it just me or Smashboards posting is really REALLY slow lately?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Top tiers will remain mostly the same aside from being able to use Brawl specific ATs like RAR and B reversals.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
I keep forgetting to ask, when you find out how to fix Peach's Turnips, are you going to do that for ROB's gyro's and the other character's(I cant remember which >_>) projectile?

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Melee's Cyclone was very..... inconsistent. It only seems to ascend half of the time when recovering, which made it hardly reliable in that department.
It only works every other time. If you know how it works, you can use it for recovery pretty easily.

cmart

Smash Lord
What strongbad means is that in melee you need to prime cyclone by performing it on the ground before using it to recover.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh really? I always wondered about that. I always thought there was just a bug in Down-B or something. That's pretty cool to know.

Kazyx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CheshireKaz
3DS FC
1891-1355-7641
I just tried to join the irc channel via the website, but apparently my host is trying to connect to fast. Not entirely sure what this means. Is it alright if I got the name of the server and the channel name so I could pop in and participate in any discussion?

Fox Hater

Smash Journeyman
^ Really?

And I didn't know there were Melee players here in PR (Shows how much I know). Guess I should make an effort to go to, or find out about tourneys. When I get a car at least. :/

yeah there are players, el 23 hay un torneo en trujillo Alto,

visita FGAPR.com esa pagina tiene info sobre todo los fighters q se juegan aqui. Y en FB hay una pagina de SMash in Puerto Rico

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
yes, jcaesar recorded his stream!

*its 2 minutes long*

edit: I'm relatively sure cubaisdeath lives in norcal. is he even still a playtester?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
:troll:

Don't worry, I got a lot of videos recorded with a bunch of local Melee pros (plus Ryoko!). I'll try to get them uploaded before I leave for Genesis.

slimpyman

Smash Journeyman
:troll:

Don't worry, I got a lot of videos recorded with a bunch of local Melee pros (plus Ryoko!). I'll try to get them uploaded before I leave for Genesis.
dude im looking forward to some new footage. haha not only do you upload a buttload of a time, they are all mildly entertaining. bwaha, youve really been stepping it up.

jalued

Smash Lord
A few charizard related questions if i may(since I love what you have done with him):

Is there a video/stream anywhere of charizards new glide attack?
The sideB in the air: does it have the same killing power as grounded or is it weaker? Is there still a sweetspot?
What differences have been made to his nair?
How fast is his new ftilt and does it have a sweetspot/sourspot?
The new downB Fly: does it have IASA frames that allow for wavelanding etc and if so, how early?

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
Cubaisdeath has been MIA for about 4-5 months now and honestly I don't know where he is. And yes, he lives in norcal, not NYC.

humble

Smash Ace
So I'm curious as to the status of the chars at this point, can you confirm/deny the following list? I'm just guessing as to their progress at this point.

Mario: Done
DK: Done
Link: Done
Fox: Done
Marth: Done
G&W: Done
Luigi: Done
Zelda: Done
Sheik: Done
Falco: Done
Snake: Done
Peach: Done
Yoshi: Done
Ganon: Done
Wolf: Done
Ness: Done
Sonic: Done
Bowser: Done
Wario: Done
Captain Falcon: Done
Jigglypuff: Done
Lucas: Done
Pikachu: Done (?)
Diddy: Done (?)
Metaknight: Done (?)
Ike: Done (?)
Samus: Done (?)
Kirby: Done (?)
ICs: Done (?)
Toon Link: Done (?)

Pit: In development
Charizard: In development
Squirtle: In development
Ivysaur: In development
DDD: In development
Lucario: In development
ROB: In development
Olimar: In development

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
Change "Done" to "In development" and the list will be pretty much perfect.

How did Ice Climbers make it to your top list?

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
Will the final release include custom team colors and CSPs for the pokémon, Lucario, and Olimar?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom