• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
It wasn't a bad idea, if you guys didn't make a demo this thread would still be flame war.
Actually it would still be closed.

For an idea of what bugs that are obvious, look at JC's channel and look up any match with Bowser, especially Bowser vs Snake at Metal Cavern. Look at Bowser when he does Forward B on the ground.

That is all.

Ecks

Smash Lord
Yeah, the demo was a great idea. It's not like you guys knew how to fix LD and DI back then. Unless you mean rushing was the bad idea.

And asking for those characters to be included in the patch is wishful thinking. Would be awesome though.

:phone:

Mr.Pickle

Smash Lord
It served its purpose well enough, which was to give the smash public something to tide them over so they wouldn't kill one another, but anyway, how about we get on an actual topic for once.

humble

Smash Ace
So if you have put these characters like Lucario and ROB in the Genesis build, then will they be video approved? I'm sure those who can't go to Genesis still want to see the amazing progress you guys are making.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
I dunno yet. Look for me at the venue tomorrow. I'm the tall white guy with the fro and the smexy goatee.
Yeah, look for the guy who looks like Bob Ross. :troll:

And I hope the people at Genesis will enjoy this. A lot of work was put into this.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
we aren't going to rush out something that's been 1.5 yrs in development while it has clear bugs, patience people! Just be happy with the huge character development progress!
But it's being used for tournaments at so many big events, and when side events are advertised and most attendees have no way to practice for it :/

Also it's more of a suggestion coming from that I absolutely love the new version lol. I can't even touch the public demo anymore, it's garbage compared to the current release (or well, what I got to play at CoT5). It feels so different and much more precise like Melee that you would attract many new faces imo.

And in terms of having it at events, Genesis is it's biggest showing yet, so if the version they are running at the event this weekend is good enough for Genesis, it should be good enough for a public download I would think :/

Just slap the words alpha release all over the menus in the game lol

SymphonicSage12

Smash Master
At least the demo is SOMETHING. Sure, compared to the newest build seen in JCaesar's videos, it's extremely rough, but one should be thankful the developers even gave us the demo in the first place.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
Making a demo actually slows our progress down a little, since the time spent on making the codeset, stage and character selection screen is time that can be put into other things. But really, the game still has minor bugs too. We have to fix them before we give you a demo update. Nothing looks more unprofessional that a game that goes "EEEEEeeeee!!!" at random :p.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Well now that we've read the same response to the same question for the 100th time, is there any character you guys are specifically looking forward to being played from the Genesis Roster? I know different devs favor different characters, I just wanted to see who wanted to see who on top.

Me personally, I want to see Ike wreck some face. He's one of the characters I'm looking forward the most along with Pit and Squirtle (who's in the GeniMo). Something about lugging a heavy sword around just screams MANLY. I wanna see some Weegee and CF as well.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
At this point I'm almost against a patch. New things will keep popping up that people will want in the patch (LD, etc.) and as a result more bugs will come up. I think it would almost be better to wait for a full release; by the time a bugless patch is released odds are the game would almost be finished, since the idea is that we would just get a snippet of the full release.

VicViper

Smash Cadet
Well now that we've read the same response to the same question for the 100th time, is there any character you guys are specifically looking forward to being played from the Genesis Roster? I know different devs favor different characters, I just wanted to see who wanted to see who on top.
Personally, I'm really loving ROB and Lucario.

I'm really looking forward to trying those two out.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
If this Genesis build wasn't going to be readily available to the public, why even bother mentioning it on the thread? Smells like a bunch of disappointing hype. :(

NeoZ

Smash Ace
Guys, stop complaining and go play melee for a while, whining won't make it come out sooner.

humble

Smash Ace
I'm in agreement, let's not hassle the devs about a release.

...Okay, I got bored, time to hassle you guys again! Any chance of getting Jcaesar to show some Lucario, ROB, Squirtle, and Charizard in his videos? We've seen some of their new mechanics, but I'm itching to see some gameplay of them. Begging for videos is marginally better then begging for releases, right? Right? *gets smacked by Strongbad for impudence*

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of stages, I was wondering, has the summit changed at all? If not, will you guys make it into a somewhat competitive stage eventually or does it have no hope?

metroid1117

Smash Master
Me personally, I want to see Ike wreck some face. He's one of the characters I'm looking forward the most along with Pit and Squirtle (who's in the GeniMo). Something about lugging a heavy sword around just screams MANLY. I wanna see some Weegee and CF as well.
Speaking of Ike, in Brawl (and Brawl+/- for that matter), it was possible to do jab -> turnaround short-hop BAir if your opponent DI'd up for the jab. Is there enough knockback on Ike's jab in PM for this to happen, or is it like Falcon's jab?

Also, does he still have the ability to wall-jump out of QD if you hit a surface?

Ecks

Smash Lord
Speaking of stages, I was wondering, has the summit changed at all? If not, will you guys make it into a somewhat competitive stage eventually or does it have no hope?
FrozenHobo said he was working on a new summit. But that was like 4-6 months ago so who knows what became of it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
He can still walljump if he hits a surface from SideB. It automatically techs the surface and you have to tech jump it.

As for Summit, it has remained untouched for months. FrozenHobo hasn't been online on smashmods or the IRC in months as well.

NeoZ

Smash Ace
FrozenHobo said he was working on a new summit. But that was like 4-6 months ago so who knows what became of it.
He also said he was gonna fix Metal Cavern, but I haven't heard anything from him in a while.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
As for Summit, it has remained untouched for months. FrozenHobo hasn't been online on smashmods or the IRC in months as well.
Thats too bad, I hope he comes back :/ I feel like the Summit could have potential to be decent. Granted it did have many flaws in Brawl, such as the no ledges, the ice, the low gravity down hill part, and the dreaded fish. But if all of that was removed, it might actually be a slightly competitive stage.

No matter what you guys do with that stage though, I support it. The Project M team clearly knows what they are doing. So keep up the amazing work. Also, the demo has gotten my friends who lost hope in smash (due to Brawl) back into smashing. And for that, I thank you.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
We recorded a bunch of matches, including some money matches. Can't guarantee they'll be uploaded any time soon though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom