• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ecks

Smash Lord
He also said he was gonna fix Metal Cavern, but I haven't heard anything from him in a while.
I also asked about his Dreamland remake and he said he would work on it when he's not busy.

I don't know about anyone else, but I think that Dreamland remake looks boss.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

FroHo is a busy man nowadays. I playtested his most recent hacks of Summit and gave him feedback a while ago.

I'll tell him in person that people are still interested in Summit. He has refined his design more since whatever version you've played.

Since I've talked to him, he's taken into more consideration the level of control people want to have in Melee and has removed all slid-able icy surfaces. He was working with me to figure out platform placements, fixing bugs, and looking at dynamic moving platforms as well (clouds).

ajajayjay

Smash Journeyman
definitely need 2 t.v.s at gen2, project m is too popular

I was able to try it early in the day, but later there were always 10+ people watching/playing. Everyone liked it.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
I would assume most people would be sleeping instead of repeatedly checking the thread.. Also, JCaesar said he won't be able to upload that many matches if at all while at Genesis; you'll have to wait.

humble

Smash Ace
I would assume most people would be sleeping instead of repeatedly checking the thread.. Also, JCaesar said he won't be able to upload that many matches if at all while at Genesis; you'll have to wait.
Sleep is for the weak/I have six friends over for a LAN party, I was up anyway playing comp- I know he said he can't, but on the off chance I figured it was worth a shot.

Sir Combee

Smash Apprentice
Since I've talked to him, he's taken into more consideration the level of control people want to have in Melee and has removed all slid-able icy surfaces. He was working with me to figure out platform placements, fixing bugs, and looking at dynamic moving platforms as well (clouds).
Nice, I really hope he comes up with something :) Also, is the PMBR still using the top of the loop for Green Hill Zone or have you guys switched to this stage?
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php#ByUserID=586&Moderated=All
IMO this one is really fun to play due to the interesting pendulum swing of the one platform. Plus it looks really polished as a stage. I have not caught any playing of this stage through streams so this is why I ask.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
For those that are attending genesis 2, I need a composite cable for wii because I don't have one; I only have component. I am sure this will be a problem since everyone will bring those big tvs.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
For those that are attending genesis 2, I need a composite cable for wii because I don't have one; I only have component. I am sure this will be a problem since everyone will bring those big tvs.
If you set your Wii to 480i and plug the green cable into the yellow port, you'll get a usuable black & white picture. This might do in a pinch.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So far I've MMed some guy who loved Charizard (I won 3-1), Strong Bad (I won 2-0), and Kage (He won 3-2, and unfortunately this one didn't get recorded :c). BadGuy MMed Gunblade and won 2-0, and someone told me he MMed Strong Bad as well but I'm not sure about that one. We've also got a lot of friendlies recorded (including Ally and Silent Spectre) and the tournament is coming soon, so we'll get a lot from that. I'll try to keep you guys posted :D

Cero

Smash Lord
Did you guys basically give up on fixing tethers so that they attach to the walls like in Melee as opposed to how they just auto lock onto the edges? Or are you still working on it?

ZSS still looks like a solid character though. :)

Revven

FrankerZ
Did you guys basically give up on fixing tethers so that they attach to the walls like in Melee as opposed to how they just auto lock onto the edges? Or are you still working on it?
I don't recall us ever stating we'd given up on anything. Video footage doesn't usually indicate if we've stopped working on something. We're always trying to get things to work and if it isn't right now, an idea to try always comes up weeks/months down the road. If we ever gave up, do you think we'd have landing detection fixed like we do now?

No we haven't given up.

Cero

Smash Lord
That's the answer I wanted to hear.

Good ****! After that aspect of the game gets solved, it'll be so close to Melee, no one will have an excuse to not play it. :bee:

Vigilante

Smash Lord
god damn the only canadian PMBR dude is in quebec

fk;ldjslfs

edit: YES SILENTSPECTRE
Specks is PMBR and she is not from Quebec, and lives in Canada. Also, I am not Canadian. Also, some of you, lay off the trashtalk in my stream. I'm doing this for you.

Giygacoal

Smash Lord
After that aspect of the game gets solved, it'll be so close to Melee, no one will have an excuse to not play it. :bee:
You'd be surprised how many people refuse to even try P:M just because it uses a Brawl disc. :(

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I don't recall us ever stating we'd given up on anything. Video footage doesn't usually indicate if we've stopped working on something. We're always trying to get things to work and if it isn't right now, an idea to try always comes up weeks/months down the road. If we ever gave up, do you think we'd have landing detection fixed like we do now?

No we haven't given up.
Hope it takes less than a year lol

Cero

Smash Lord
You'd be surprised how many people refuse to even try P:M just because it uses a Brawl disc. :(

Hopefully, people will become more open minded once P:M becomes finalized and starts showing up in tournaments. I'm pretty sure, at Genesis right now, people are trying out P:M and spreading the good word.

MonkUnit

Project M Back Roomer
Hopefully, people will become more open minded once P:M becomes finalized and starts showing up in tournaments. I'm pretty sure, at Genesis right now, people are trying out P:M and spreading the good word.
The people at Genesis seem to love it so far. Also, Jiang made a suggestions box and Project M business cards that he and other PMBR members handed out to people to spread the word of Project M. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom