• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Should DDD ever become playable I can see him as a mean force in this game. Big like Bowser, Range like Marth, Should his Hammer charge-run glitch thingy...become an easier AT and made to cancel he'd even be pretty fast. Not to mention his edge guarding would be almost Jiggs like.....and he can camp with or shield himself with those Waddle-dee things. Uh-oh. I see a *** Flag going off in my head.:laugh:

D

Deleted member

Are unique and new advanced / basic movement techniques besides wavedashing and aerial glide tossing possibilities for characters?

It seems that these allow characters to have more options and function in a deeper level of gameplay when a movement technique is involved.

A lot of movement techniques allow characters to be extremely viable like spacies's short hop lasers, shine dashing, moon walking, floating/float cancelling, MK tornado (fixed obv), quick attack cancel, etc.

These don't guarantee a good character, but they help mobility, options, defense, offense, and mindgames. All the low tier characters in both melee + brawl usually do not have a solid technique like this.

Not all characters needmovement techniques, but this could be a decent idea to deepen the gameplay and increase viablity.

Food for thought

SonioNineteen

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to use the Melee 2.0 character changes in Brawl+?

edit: Example Melee 2.0 link vs Brawl+ falco will it be fair?

Sorry for my bad english.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Is it possible to use the Melee 2.0 character changes in Brawl+?

edit: Example Melee 2.0 link vs Brawl+ falco will it be fair?

Sorry for my bad english.
Its possible but it won't happen unless majority of the players agree. Brawl+ is trying to stay Brawl'ish while P:M is trying to be more like Melee.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Please give me two situations where it's useful.

I know how to multi moonwalk and I only use it to be flashy.
It doesn't need to be useful to make it in P:M. It just needs the Melee highlights to make this project reach it's goal.

Moonwalk isn't totally useless though. Its situational. SS has used it to mindgame and grab. It'll also carry that momentum over to your aerials for edgeguarding range and make you upB farther (in Falcon's case) if its ever needed but like I said, extremely situational and rarely would it be the first thing that comes to mind for a combo and whatnot.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
The only time moonwalks are used in high level play is to stickywalk to bait people for grabs. Sometimes I use it for edgeguards but I just do it to be flashy. lol

I never said I didn't want it in, I just said it's overrated by everyone who doesn't go to tournys and actually play Falcon, I know what I'm talking about.

And moonwalking does not make your up b go farther. Idk what you were talking about there.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
Hell no.

What did I say WRONG???

AM I WRONG FOR KNOWING WHAT IS AND ISN'T USEFUL FOR MY CHARACTER??? I put a lot of time into learning this character and I'm an okay Falcon, what do I get for trying to tell people what I learned from the three years I've been playing competitively? To be called a know-it-all. It's not my fault I learned this stuff. It's not my fault that people are basically brushing me off acting like I don't know what I'm talking about or that I'm just some scrub either. Fine, believe what you want, but I KNOW moonwalking is not a very applicable AT.

You know what, just go post this **** in the Falcon boards and watch them say the same thing I'm saying.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Moonwalk isn't totally useless though. Its situational. SS has used it.
a lot of what SS does is for flash or to please the crowd.

it has very little competitive application. the reason SS and darkrain get away with it sometimes is because most of the time they're playing people who are much less skilled than they are.
tl;dr version, etwist is right.

at any rate, it is a part of Falcon's sexiness in Melee and thus had to be in this project.

oh yeah, and yeah ETWIST, I'm doing general testing as well as making a lot of DK's character changes. he's pretty much done except for the irritating thing where he can't go backwards in his up-b but we're workin' on it.

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
I'm glad that they have a good melee DK testing him.

I wanted to specifically test Falcon, Olimar, and Snake, but my wii is ******** and doesn't work so I couldn't test this if I tried. lol

Does DK feel the same?

Revven

FrankerZ
oh yeah, and yeah ETWIST, I'm doing general testing as well as making a lot of DK's character changes. he's pretty much done except for the irritating thing where he can't go backwards in his up-b but we're workin' on it.
You're my lover you know that rite? <3

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Should DDD ever become playable I can see him as a mean force in this game. Big like Bowser, Range like Marth, Should his Hammer charge-run glitch thingy...become an easier AT and made to cancel he'd even be pretty fast. Not to mention his edge guarding would be almost Jiggs like.....and he can camp with or shield himself with those Waddle-dee things. Uh-oh. I see a *** Flag going off in my head.:laugh:
Personally I think that Dedede needs a bunch of changes before he will feel right in this game. He doesn't have many unique features and a lot of his tactics are just a little too good. I think that it would be best to rework his aerials and redo the way his minions work to make him more unique and have less repetitive gameplay. Though I would love to see his charge hammer glitch become slightly easier so it can be used in matches. It would be nice if the initial frames of his down+B also allowed projectiles to move past him.

:p Mmm I've played too many other fighters.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does DK feel the same?
He's about as close as he can get, IMO. From weight, to gravity, to jump height, speed, attacks, hitboxes, etc, it's mostly the same. The only difference in the end should be... he'll be slightly better. LOL, but yeah, he's practically the same. I've done 0-death's on spacies on FD in this. ;)
You're my lover you know that rite? <3
Yeah. :D Uh-roo?

btw... you guys all miss taunt canceling, right...? show me ya moves!

ETWIST51294

Smash Hero
He's about as close as he can get, IMO. From weight, to gravity, to jump height, speed, attacks, hitboxes, etc, it's mostly the same. The only difference in the end should be... he'll be slightly better. LOL, but yeah, he's practically the same. I've done 0-death's on spacies on FD in this. ;)

Yeah. :D Uh-roo?

btw... you guys all miss taunt canceling, right...? show me ya moves!
OMFG ****.

I <3 taunt canceling.

**** man, I really wanna test this.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
whoops, missed this...
Moonwalking is very useful, especially in P:M where it's a lot easier.
A technique being easier to perform doesn't increase its application possibilities. Interestingly enough, it actually has less uses in P:M, since you can simply run forward and then pivot a shorthop/fullhop to get the same or more momentum backwards than what moonwalking would yield.
I do enjoy using moonwalking during my dashdance wavedash mixups though.

Project: M is what Brawl should have been.

peachfvl

Smash Apprentice
we need another trailer showing other characters nao!!!

so i really think you should think about making items harder to catch in the air...doing an aerial shouldn´t let you get the item, but if you do it with Z it would be ok (and let the characters who have Zairs able to grab them with an airdodge, this way all characters could still pick up items while wavedashing/landing)

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I actually despise catching items with airdodges but I see how it can be useful for wavedashing in Project M. Still though, catching items in melee was risky because if you screwed up, you got hit. Now, I usually catch turnips when trying to airdodge past them. >_>

And does this mean that Shanus got the ledge cancel code to work with taunt cancelling?!

camelot

Smash Ace
And does this mean that Shanus got the ledge cancel code to work with taunt cancelling?!
I hope so, I'd rather have a simple code than me having to put it in every character's pac.

He was trying some things to get taunt-canceling to work like 64's, where instead of just sliding off the edge, you go into the teetering animation.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
You can RAR a JC grab. And I really wish you could JC a pivot grab. RARing JC pivot grabs would be AMAZING with Dedede and Yoshi.

Rikana

Smash Champion
And moonwalking does not make your up b go farther. Idk what you were talking about there.
I guess I worded it funny. What I meant was it allowed you carry your momentum farther. Your upB doesn't go farther but your moonwalk-momentum-carried-jump jumps farther thus your upB goes "farther". Does that make sense? I'll probably give up explaining.

a lot of what SS does is for flash or to please the crowd.

it has very little competitive application. the reason SS and darkrain get away with it sometimes is because most of the time they're playing people who are much less skilled than they are.
tl;dr version, etwist is right.

at any rate, it is a part of Falcon's sexiness in Melee and thus had to be in this project.
I already mentioned its situational. I never disagreed with ET, I just brought up one point where it might be useful.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Personally I think that Dedede needs a bunch of changes before he will feel right in this game. He doesn't have many unique features and a lot of his tactics are just a little too good. I think that it would be best to rework his aerials and redo the way his minions work to make him more unique and have less repetitive gameplay. Though I would love to see his charge hammer glitch become slightly easier so it can be used in matches. It would be nice if the initial frames of his down+B also allowed projectiles to move past him.

:p Mmm I've played too many other fighters.
I think his minions should vanish after a few seconds. or mayb on impact.

as for moonwalking. I personally feel it is up to the player. If you are use it at the right time and the right way then yes it is of use. Same goes for SWD with Samus or trying to upB recover with luigi. :laugh:

Almas

Smash Lord
I could work on light shoulder detection if I could have a lengthy chat with someone who is very knowledgeable in PSA and understands how codes work. I had great confusion even beginning work on the HAD decay code because Shanus, whilst an expert at PSA, provides horrible information when it comes to the Wii's RAM D:.

Of course, the hardest part about LSD is actually getting it to do something. L-cancelling would probably be within the realms of reason. Light shielding... Maybe not so much. I guess I should consider getting and playnig with PSA myself, but I'm quite far behind my university course right now. Anyone know anything about forced oscillators?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom