• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
wolf's fair looks perfect. i agree that zelda usmash and ZSS's dsmash look weird, though.... zelda's could still be acceptable, though.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
was the OP updated with the wolf F-Air? or are you still working on it?
im PUMPED baby! Ive got a Zero moveset, Killable Giga, Ridley Model, and SSE Stadium to try out! WHOOOOOOO!!!

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Hmm...Well..Fair and a couple other animations look okay...but I can't use anything Charizard shaped...

Only things from Fox/Falco/Wolf/Link/Pit sized characters have the best potential for animation swaps.

So yea, choose from those guys, and I'll try experimenting with others.

Note: Charizard is a NO GO. Too big. Lucario's arms pop out of his sockets on some moves. I'll experiment tomorrow with a size modification on Lucario, see how he adjusts to Charizard then.

-DD

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I don't think Taj will care. Brawl+ Mewtwo will end up playing differently from Melee Mewtwo. Gimpyfish pretty much hates Brawl Bowser. :/

I for one am pretty hyped about this release though.
He may be interested to give it a look see. Can't hurt for his feedback.

Simna didn't play Brawl Ness, but look at him now. If we wanna go down that route.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Download the latest BETA here!

If you download this, its just like all the other updates. Just replace your FitLucario.pac, and have fun! This works pretty well.

Download the experimental MOVESET SWAP BETA HERE!

THIS IS THE STARTING POINT ON THE ROAD TO v.0.5!
Animation swaps abound in this double .pac addition. When using this, make sure you have both .pac files in the lucario folder, and when you don't want to use them, you rename/remove both of them, or else it will continue to mess with Lucario's moves.

Due to the changes in the animations, some hitboxes are off[DAir, DTilt, BAir, to name a few], and if you could just report these to me as you see them, that would be nice.

The characters I would PREFER to take animations from are:
Code:
Fox
Falco
Wolf
Pit
Link[?]
Marth[?]
I will try increasing Lucario's size and experimenting with his ability to retain Charizard's animations with an increase in size, because Charizard and Wolf really have everything we need between them.

Anyways, you guys know the drill. HAVE AT IT!

I'll make some videos and stuff to upload for tomorrow night or something. I need to sleep now! 8AM programming lab! Woo!

-DD

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
nice thanx for the work, and the tut you said youll make in another comment.

awesome work , thank you, i snached em up...but like you its indeed time for bed.

LightSpineSonic

Smash Rookie
Hm is this for Pal version as wel?
If yes how do i exactly add them on my sd card?
And could anyone of you give me the file thats on stacksmash?
Stacksmash moved or something :/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD,

what animations did you swap, just wondering?
FAir: Wolf
UAir: Falco
DAir: Pit
BAir: Pit

UThrow: Ness[thinking of keeping the first animation, but keeping the enemies' animation(ThrownHi/ThrowDxHi)]
BThrow: Ness
FThrow: Fox[going to try swapping it with Fox's BThrow, see if I can get some shadowballs to shoot somehow].

DTilt: Fox
The following I did have, but they looked goofy/didn't work.

Run: Charizard / Pit'sGlide
Dash: Charizard
FTilt: Charizard
BAir: Charizard
DAir: Charizard

Pretty sure thats all of them...
-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
Why Pits dair? To me, (if my memory serves correctly from melee), something along the lines of falco's uair would work better with using the tail after the spin as the hitbox.

For uair, wouldnt something more like falcon's uair work?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Why Pits dair? To me, (if my memory serves correctly from melee), something along the lines of falco's uair would work better with using the tail after the spin as the hitbox.

For uair, wouldnt something more like falcon's uair work?
Well, I'll make the swap and take a look. Pretty sure we can't use Falcon though, because hes lanky compared to Lucario, and it makes things...weird.
I was going to turn Mewtwo's DAir into an Ivysaur-esque psychic blast thingy.

maybe you could use fox's/falco's/wolf's side b animation for dash?
What about Link using his final smash...?
These are both options, and I'll look into them.

Help would be appreciated :)
:3 If you know how to use textures, then just name the file "FitLucario.pac" and drop it in the ".../fighter/lucario" folder. There are tutorials everywhere on how to do this.
-DD

LightSpineSonic

Smash Rookie
Yeah but the thing is there are more then 1 files to download for project mewtwo :l
And it says on the first post:
Animation swaps abound in this double .pac addition. When using this, make sure you have both .pac files in the lucario

EDit: I know i have to rename the first pac file but then theres other 2 pac files do i have to rename them too?

shanus

Smash Hero
Well, I'll make the swap and take a look. Pretty sure we can't use Falcon though, because hes lanky compared to Lucario, and it makes things...weird.
I was going to turn Mewtwo's DAir into an Ivysaur-esque psychic blast thingy.

These are both options, and I'll look into them.

:3 If you know how to use textures, then just name the file "FitLucario.pac" and drop it in the ".../fighter/lucario" folder. There are tutorials everywhere on how to do this.
-DD
Ah, I see. I thought you were aiming for similar looking moves to say the least. And mewtwo's dair was epic win in looks in melee.

If falcon's uair is too big, you could always try out mario or even better, pikachu.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah, I see. I thought you were aiming for similar looking moves to say the least. And mewtwo's dair was epic win in looks in melee.

If falcon's uair is too big, you could always try out mario or even better, pikachu.
Yea, I'll give more characters some looks, see how they deform him...
And I was aiming to make it as similar as possible, but I thought Pit's DAir would make a good backup option.

Yeah but the thing is there are more then 1 files to download for project mewtwo :l
And it says on the first post:
Animation swaps abound in this double .pac addition. When using this, make sure you have both .pac files in the lucario

EDit: I know i have to rename the first pac file but then theres other 2 pac files do i have to rename them too?
You only need to use one or the other. The newest FUNCTIONAL pac is the single file that you need to rename.
The .rar file contains a motion file and a modified pac file to correspond with it, and they are experimental at best.

So you choose one or the other, no renaming is needed for the .pac files inside the .rar.

-DD

Jack Kieser

Smash Champion
Ok, I'm at work and can't download any of this right now; we REALLY need some vids of the current build up, plox. ^_^

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
I agree. Vids plz?
I'll have one in a few minutes, it is not the best quality video out there, though it will hold till someone else makes one.

Edit: File incorrectly uploaded, gave me a black screen, reuploading...

Edit 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgQ38LoBrM
Again, REALLY Low quality, though if you watch the entire 2 minutes, you'll see everything thats new.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
I'll have one in a few minutes, it is not the best quality video out there, though it will hold till someone else makes one.

Edit: File incorrectly uploaded, gave me a black screen, reuploading...

Edit 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TgQ38LoBrM
Again, REALLY Low quality, though if you watch the entire 2 minutes, you'll see everything thats new.
Still processing or something? I just get an error.

edit: it works now. I can tell there's some cool stuff, skipping and pic quality suck with youtube though :(.

Try mediafire uploading the original file?

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
I tinkered with the new beta and I love it for the most part. Fair Awsome.
Ignore me if im stating the obvious but.

Moves that distort alot
The Ness Back Throw and Ness Up Throw (looks like he is constipated)
The Back air (gives a noticable leg distort.)
Up air (not as bad as Bair)

Moves that are fine.
The Down air and down tilt are perfect (needs a bit more range though)

Also about teleport. I was wondering if you can make it so I can Teleport but appear at the intial teleporting spot by holding downward (like Zelda's)

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
O yeah, btw, try to use Ganon's Uptaunt where he spins around. Mewtwo had a same effect with his taunt :p Not something really neccesary though :p

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
O yeah, btw, try to use Ganon's Uptaunt where he spins around. Mewtwo had a same effect with his taunt :p Not something really neccesary though :p
OH YEAH! DEFINATELY! And I for one DO think its necessary ;) lol. seriously though, we've got much more flexibility than before. Actually, use Ganon's fighter pose as well, since he moves his hands the same way mewtwo does. or am i thinking of melee?

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
god this is awesome but 1 question.

I know ur goin' 2 eventually put an actual mew2 model n there, but is he goin' 2 keep Lucario's voice or no voice at all?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
god this is awesome but 1 question.

I know ur goin' 2 eventually put an actual mew2 model n there, but is he goin' 2 keep Lucario's voice or no voice at all?
hopefully we'll be able to crack open SFX Editing and put in M2's melee sfx... who knows when tho :/

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
It doesn't matter for me anyways since i don't hear any SFX at all! I am using a PAL wii lolz. I only see the graphic changes and the actual moves, but no character sounds lol.

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
oh ok, not that it matters at the moment though.

Oh, if u can use melee data 4 brawl would it b possible 2 use mew2's melee animations and all & somehow apply them 2 brawl later on?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter for me anyways since i don't hear any SFX at all! I am using a PAL wii lolz. I only see the graphic changes and the actual moves, but no character sounds lol.
Ah that sucks! How come?! Is it the region free loader thing thats got a bug in it or something?

oh ok, not that it matters at the moment though.

Oh, if u can use melee data 4 brawl would it b possible 2 use mew2's melee animations and all & somehow apply them 2 brawl later on?
Yeah, I hope it isnt a different file format tho X_X it more than likely is, seeing that Register cracked the SFX package in Melee and none have done so in brawl.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
...I miss read the title as "What a Sex Fair." Yeah.

Could someone upload a vid with better quality? I'm having trouble viewing the other video due to the frame skips.

G Sus117

Smash Rookie
Gotta say I think I like the old B-charging animation and Dair animation better....

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
really? he said that officially?! :D
Well his last few post in the model importer thread have been about him adding compatibility for different formats. He also said that he got just about all of the trophie models to work in game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom