• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Gotta say I think I like the old B-charging animation and Dair animation better....
Old B charge crashed peoples games :p and I almost agree with the D-Air, but I didnt really like it. Idk, I thought it was gonna be more Melee-like, but it was too slow. Eh :/

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Old B charge crashed peoples games :p and I almost agree with the D-Air, but I didnt really like it. Idk, I thought it was gonna be more Melee-like, but it was too slow. Eh :/
Note: Everything in the experimental build will probably be changed somehow. Whether its a hitbox, speed, something will be changed.

Animations will probably be changed as I find better fits too.
-DD

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
Uthrow and Fthrow would look good with a slight time adjustment, Dthrow's fine (I love the angle and power btw), but there's no saving bthrow honestly D:

Dtilt is really good too btw.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Missing the slashy sound on fair T_T
D: I need the ID for the noise, and then I'll add it.

i like the fair on this version, but his throws look... well, bad. i'm also not a fan of the idle animation either.
Idle animation I'm probably changing.

Uthrow and Fthrow would look good with a slight time adjustment, Dthrow's fine (I love the angle and power btw), but there's no saving bthrow honestly D:

Dtilt is really good too btw.

The next release [probably tomorrow or something] will have a new experiment! Keeping the "Thrown" animations[the animations the opponents go through], and changing the actual throw animation, so we'll see what happens!

-DD

G Sus117

Smash Rookie

Really? Never had a problem with his B charge at all, so I never knew that. And for the Dair I was totally picturing, once animations get done and such, Mewtwo spinning around with his tail "wrapping" around with him... Woulda looked sexy :laugh:

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
What exactly is the idle animation, maybe if u just had him keep the same stance but put his hands down or cross his arms if possible.

I think he should have that purple energy emitting from his body when idle also.

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
The Idle Animation is basically the one where you leave the character alone and dont touch the control.

Example: If you leave Luigi alone he will start pulling his nose.

Yeah but I think Mewtwo's Idle Animate. should resemble Ganondorf's clentching his fists and ocasioanally folding his arms to look Bad-A.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
The Idle Animation is basically the one where you leave the character alone and dont touch the control.

Example: If you leave Luigi alone he will start pulling his nose.

Yeah but I think Mewtwo's Idle Animate. should resemble Ganondorf's clentching his fists and ocasioanally folding his arms to look Bad-A.
that would look cool, but i'm afraid that using ganon's animations would heavily distort lucario's body....

still, it would be ideal to have that animation.

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
Oh no, i meant what exactly is he doing while idle, I can't tell what exactly his arms r doing, or how they r positioned. I'm waiting until he's finished b4 downloading him, i don't wanna spoil myself early.

He should folds his arms regularly then unfold them releasing some energy.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh no, i meant what exactly is he doing while idle, I can't tell what exactly his arms r doing, or how they r positioned. I'm waiting until he's finished b4 downloading him, i don't wanna spoil myself early.

He should folds his arms regularly then unfold them releasing some energy.
>_> Well thats dumb. Download, use it, contribute.

Is he going 2 have the gliding ability or is that overkill?
No gliding.

The current Idle Animation is one of Lucario's victory poses. Can't use anything from Zelda/Sheik, Lucario will distort.

Someone know what field it is in PSA that will increase the character's size? I'm searching for it, and I'm going to increase the size of this character, which should increase the compatibility with animations, but we'll see.
-DD
-DD

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Nah, he works for ALL Brawl versions. I tried this new Mewtwo on vBrawl, and it works flawlessly. And i assume it should work on Brawl+ and BalancedBrawl aswell.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
everything is excellent except for the ness throws. the f-throw i would keep however. whose is it? so yeah, the back and up throws, and i dont really like the D-Air. I have GOT to work with this! Also, please do try ganon's up taunt!

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Well his last few post in the model importer thread have been about him adding compatibility for different formats. He also said that he got just about all of the trophie models to work in game.
ah ok. paper mario anyone? :D
EDIT: sorry for double post, im on my wii and cant copy/paste.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Somehow, mewtwo feels kind of slow or something... maybe its his running animation. I tried using his Up-B animation... it worked, but it looked terrible. he didnt move at all first off, and it just looked dumb. maybe Pit's Gliding animation?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Somehow, mewtwo feels kind of slow or something... maybe its his running animation. I tried using his Up-B animation... it worked, but it looked terrible. he didnt move at all first off, and it just looked dumb. maybe Pit's Gliding animation?
Tried it. He will stop in place. I'm not finding anything. I'll just increase his dash speed a bit.
-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Tried it. He will stop in place. I'm not finding anything. I'll just increase his dash speed a bit.
-DD
Ah, I see. and you clicked "Moves Character" right? How about Marth's Running animation then? It'd look like he was from an anime or something lol.

Stacksmash is down, so the texture link isn't working. Anywhere else I can get the texture? I can't find it anywhere... :(
Actually, a better texture was made... unless this is indeed the better texture... is his tail really pinkish or is it purplish? if it is the latter, that's the better texture. It's got melee textures in it :D

netrunui

Smash Cadet
I am so glad to have watched the birth of this project and all it has grown :)
I commend you all, especially Susa and DarkDragoon

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Ah, I see. and you clicked "Moves Character" right? How about Marth's Running animation then? It'd look like he was from an anime or something lol.

Actually, a better texture was made... unless this is indeed the better texture... is his tail really pinkish or is it purplish? if it is the latter, that's the better texture. It's got melee textures in it :D
"Moves Character" only applies if the animation goes anywhere, which glide does not, so no need to check it.

I'll try Marths, along with the speedup.

I just use the texture packaged with Youko's texpack. I kinda really want GHNeko's files, he has some cool junk.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon

Lokee

Smash Apprentice
Whoops sorry my bad.
Anyway Im wondering how is the model converter gunna work?
Will it let you make custom animations and bones or will you have the model in but itd be distorted hhhmmmmm guess we are all just have to wait and see.

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
Is there any models for mewtwo being worked on?
Ive heard the model injector is being PROBABLY released next week.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
My opinions after testing the animation-swapped Mewtwo-

-Increase dash speed, as mentioned

-Change b-throw and u-throw because of the model distortions, as mentioned

-Make n-air hits link better. Currently, I feel it only gets off a few of its hits, for some 4-5%. Ground-release hit (with noticeable KB) rarely gets to connect

-Swap Disable for something else; it doesn't work properly, as mentioned

-Slight d-tilt KB increase (better resembles Melee version's juggling ability)?

-Slight speed decrease on d-smash (to resemble Melee)

And, of course, cool taunts. =)

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
DD: The run/walk animations are really weird to mess with. Something to do with the animations themselves determine how they work. For example, if you replace a character's run animation with one of their walks, their run will be the same speed as the walk you pasted over it. Maybe there's some way to fix that so you can change a run animation to a glide?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
DD: The run/walk animations are really weird to mess with. Something to do with the animations themselves determine how they work. For example, if you replace a character's run animation with one of their walks, their run will be the same speed as the walk you pasted over it. Maybe there's some way to fix that so you can change a run animation to a glide?
=\ 'fraid not. Once his legs leave the ground he just stops moving. DX
The best way to fix that problem would be to pump up movement speed, but it doesn't work for this example, at least.
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
My opinions after testing the animation-swapped Mewtwo-

-Increase dash speed, as mentioned
Yup!

-Change b-throw and u-throw because of the model distortions, as mentioned
Done![

-Make n-air hits link better. Currently, I feel it only gets off a few of its hits, for some 4-5%. Ground-release hit (with noticeable KB) rarely gets to connect
I can make them link really well o.o; But I'll decrease DI potency.

-Swap Disable for something else; it doesn't work properly, as mentioned
Amen.

-Slight d-tilt KB increase (better resembles Melee version's juggling ability)?
The entire hitbox needs a fix, but sure!

-Slight speed decrease on d-smash (to resemble Melee)
Aight
And, of course, cool taunts. =)
is there a video of the new animation swap version?
I'll put one out Sunday night after I finish the next Mewtwo release.

I'm only going to put out one more Non-Animation swapped hack, at which point the moves will be pretty much set in stone anyways, so it'll be cool.

=3=;; Accidental doublepost.

-DD

Xelayuno

Smash Cadet
Here's a suggestion 4 something like disable kinda:

U should make disable function like Mr. Game & Watch's Oil Panic (down special).

Make it look like Ness & Lucas psi magnet, and have it change colors to let u know when its fully charged.

When Mew2 absorbs between 3-5 projectiles and he gets within striking range and connects the move with the opponent, it looks as if the opponent suffered a broken shield. They get that long stun effect or in this case they're disabled, and u can land a free hit basically.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Here's a suggestion 4 something like disable kinda:

U should make disable function like Mr. Game & Watch's Oil Panic (down special).

Make it look like Ness & Lucas psi magnet, and have it change colors to let u know when its fully charged.

When Mew2 absorbs between 3-5 projectiles and he gets within striking range and connects the move with the opponent, it looks as if the opponent suffered a broken shield. They get that long stun effect or in this case they're disabled, and u can land a free hit basically.
YES YES YES. Btw, if anyone was wondering why I even swapped the wait1 animation in the first place was because mewtwo needed a new look now that he is in brawl. ammirite?? I thought it was cool. if you dont keep it (talking to darkdragoon here) I can just swap it back on my own anyway, so feel free lol.

oh and @the "change list" posted above, by "done" do you mean the DL is up?

Also,..

One of these things is not like the other

One of these things just doesn't belong

Can you see which thing is not like the other

Before I finish this song.

Boo. :mewtwo:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom