• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
We're gonna need someone to edit the namestrip. Can someone try that please? Make a back up ofyour common5, I tried and my game froze.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
xD I'm tryin' guys...its pretty tough...its starting to look like charging won't work for Psyburst...
-Nick

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
xD I'm tryin' guys...its pretty tough...its starting to look like charging won't work for Psyburst...
-Nick
Really? Well, what's the problem? is it freezing? Maybe I can assist you (not now though, I'm going to bed =w=)

shanus

Smash Hero
-Nick
Let me know the issue and I might be able to help.

I just finished coding the most absurd code ever in a super efficient method. It is epic.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Let me know the issue and I might be able to help.

I just finished coding the most absurd code ever in a super efficient method. It is epic.
=o I'll give it some more tried tomorrow, and if I still have no luck then I'll call in the cavalry.

It doesn't freeze or anything, it just doesn't behave how I want it to [charge on ground, not in air]
=3=; The real limiting factor is that I only have 6 slots in Lucario's DownB to work with, so thats 3 for ground, 3 for air.
>_>;;

-DD

shanus

Smash Hero
=o I'll give it some more tried tomorrow, and if I still have no luck then I'll call in the cavalry.

It doesn't freeze or anything, it just doesn't behave how I want it to [charge on ground, not in air]
=3=; The real limiting factor is that I only have 6 slots in Lucario's DownB to work with, so thats 3 for ground, 3 for air.
>_>;;

-DD
No excuses. I rebuilt falco's melee shine in a special tab and 1 subaction.

Fox required 6 subactions :p.

You can use Go to statements to go within an action memory source, just take the offset and the line count before where you want to go multiplied by 8 and convert to hex.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I thought DD left it the same as it had been because the character he was using(Charizard) distorted the body too much.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I just took a quick look through the PAC and it seems he is using SmashThrowF as the animation.

I'm gonna make an animation edit in a little bit. Then I guess I'll post it here and ask somebody to test it. Hopefully it'll work.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zje5oyjxnmt

I took what I believed to be the Ftilt animation from Charizard. However, because he distorts, I changed some of the B values in BrawlBox. It should work properly, but I currently can't check it.

It should:

A)Work and not distort THAT much
B)Distort anyways
C)Freeze(though I doubt it, I wouldn't consider it TOO farfetched)

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Whoa, Yoshimangz, what did you do? I'm gonna test it and let you know how it worked, but you edited something in the animation?

o.o?
-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I edited some of the things in the animation. I hope getting rid of the wing stuff in it didn't do terrible things to it.

EDIT: To clarify, I changed some of the B values around to fit Lucario's. If, for example, the B1 for Lucario was 1 but the B1 for Charizard's corresponding part was 9, I changed the 9 to 1. I didn't edit EVERYTHING, but I did change things that I thought would produce something that would fit Lucario better.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
I edited some of the things in the animation. I hope getting rid of the wing stuff in it didn't do terrible things to it.

EDIT: To clarify, I changed some of the B values around to fit Lucario's. If, for example, the B1 for Lucario was 1 but the B1 for Charizard's corresponding part was 9, I changed the 9 to 1. I didn't edit EVERYTHING, but I did change things that I thought would produce something that would fit Lucario better.
Oh, sweet, I had no idea it would do that.
Does it correspond with the bone list or is it just a big guessing game?
-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
I mainly guessed at which ones needed to be changed, based on what parts they shared. It might correspond with the bone list.

So...how did it work?

EDIT: Actually, it apparently doesn't...unless it shows up in decimal rather than hex in Brawl Box.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Sorry for my constant Double Posts, but according to my good friend D.B.K., I have gotten a....

SUCCESS

The animation does not pop Mewtwo's arms out of the sockets. There is some stretching of the arms and the neck, but the animation happens quickly, so he reported that it doesn't really matter much.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Wait, what did the animation replace? The running animation? (I hope)
Sorry, but it was the SmashThrowF animation, which is used for Mewtwo's Ftilt animation.

I'm a little busy with some other ideas right now, so I'll be lazy and let DD port the animation over to his experimental Motion PAC.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Sorry, but it was the SmashThrowF animation, which is used for Mewtwo's Ftilt animation.

I'm a little busy with some other ideas right now, so I'll be lazy and let DD port the animation over to his experimental Motion PAC.
Okay, what numbers did you change exactly? And if you have AIM/MSN gimme and we can chat/collaborate there, because there are lots of animations we could fix all niceynice.

Also, just for the record, I'm working on reverting all of Lucario's animation names back to their original names so its easier to navigate in PSA.
So, "SmashThrowF" will be "AttackS3S" again.

>_>;;
-DD

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Oh. Well, I made a guide explaining how I did it, but basically it changes the values for certain data.

For example, say for B1 the value was 9. In the animation that I replaced for it, the value is 1. I just simply change that 1 to 9. I then repeat for the rest of the stuff.

Well, all you would have to is take the SmashThrowF animation from the pac I uploaded and replace Lucario's Ftilt, if you are going to revert.

I hope I expalined that well, cause its the best I can do without pics.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Oh. Well, I made a guide explaining how I did it, but basically it changes the values for certain data.

For example, say for B1 the value was 9. In the animation that I replaced for it, the value is 1. I just simply change that 1 to 9. I then repeat for the rest of the stuff.

Well, all you would have to is take the SmashThrowF animation from the pac I uploaded and replace Lucario's Ftilt, if you are going to revert.

I hope I expalined that well, cause its the best I can do without pics.
Yeah, I figured it out.

Sounds good.
I'll keep workin' on Psyburst for now.

EDIT: Saw your topic, guess it doesn't work. =[
-DD

MewtwoEx

Smash Rookie
hey guys, can someone upload a video showing all the progress on Mewtwo pl0x?
I wanna see how this is turning out ty in advance

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
hey guys, can someone upload a video showing all the progress on Mewtwo pl0x?
I wanna see how this is turning out ty in advance
DX I should be taking maximum advantage of my free time tonight and should be able to produce a working Psyburst + Videos + .pac release tonight!

Might not be PERFECT, but it's progress!
-DD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
D'Oh, I'm so bad with deadlines!
Anyways! I got a [mostly] fully functioning Psyburst! The only thing left is to make it so the charge actually effects the damage done, and replacing the placeholder gfx with good gfx.

That means I'm going to bed.
I have a lab in 5 hours, then I'll probably take a nap, and finish this/make a video/put up for download.

Then I'll try to put together a full texture pack along with CSPs and the CSS space hack.
-DD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom