• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
Your probably better off doing 2 512x512 textures, but it really depends. If you can get more efficiency on 1 1024x1024 texture it should be fine. Ive gotten a 1024x1024 texture to load on a character before and this included all there other textures, so it should be good.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
thanks vile. ... if i do one 1024 texture i could reduce the ammount of seams in the mapping (not much though).. in the other hand two 512 textures would be more similar to everyone else, mmm...

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
You know how some mewtwo data is already on the brawl disc right? *along with other characters that never made it* would it be possable to use some of that?
And someday in the close future would it be possable to pick mewtwo from the menu as his own fighter box without the need to mod lucario? cause some people wanna try mewtwo V.S lucario, myself inclued.
If you want i can make the character box you click on the character selection screen for him.

b. seriously? that's a joke right?
i. WE ARE WORKING ON IT ALRIGHT?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
no posts in how long? Where'd darkdragoon disappear to?
XD College needed me to buckle down, I'll be back to work this weekend, hopefully.

I finally got to try Mewtwo, and I must say he's pretty good. He's very easy to control, and has pretty much what Mewtwo has. One problem I have is the Down-B, I'm fine with the fact that it's a counter, but it doesn't work properly, because it mostly makes him teleport to the other side, but once I noticed that it stunned my opponent, so it's probably supposed to do that, but it seems to be pretty rare. I also like the Shadow Ball charge animation. All in all, he controls well and feels like Mewtwo.
Thank you! That was a bug in counter that I hope to work out somehow.
-DD

Well **** dudes, this didn't show up in my Subscriptions. >x>
So, Oni is working on the beta now too?

Also, all n00bs, or anyone that has a question regarding PM2 for that matter, should prolly VM or PM me, so as not to spam up the thread. I'll prolly be able to answer it.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion

it's nice what a little of lighting can do for a render :p
comments of all kinds are apreciated, hope you like it :)
well, i finished mapping the model and did a realy quick texture to look how it was (in fact the texture are just 2 colors )

I don't know if i will try to do a decent texture or adjust the mesh to lucario's bones next (so far the only needed are just some slightly modifications)

still as I said, here is the .psd with the layer's info, plus a reference render if someone want's to do the textures, please, be my guest :).

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KDCXI1AE

if you have a way to view the model and you would like to have it for viewing the progress, PM me, i can send you the .max (3dmax 2008 and up) or the .obj

and that's it.. hoping that the codes for putting custom meshes on brawl are near completion :)

and D.D. and co. keep the good work. :)

PD: oh, and i almost forgot, I ended using a 1024x1024 texture

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Eyes are way off, arms are too skiny, hands need to be way bigger, front part of tail seems to be part of skin, while the real mewtwo's was sticking out.

Nice work though.

D.B.K.

Smash Ace
NNID
tinyfuses
The arms are too skinny, the fingers are a little too long and the eyes seem a little off. Other than that it's shaping up nicely. Good job.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
@svart: his iris should be bigger and purplish pink (correct eye shape though), arms to skinny, hands have some problems too but i am not even gonna go into that. tail looks like part of skin, why'd you make his chest end in spikes it's supposed to be like a breastplate, tail's too short, and though this could just be an optical illusion from the lack of a back on his "breastplate" his 2nd spine is supposed to start at the center back of the forehead and end in the center back of his "breastplate", if i could see his legs there'd probably be alot more. but overall it's excellent

EDIT:
good sample for his arms, hands, chest, and 2nd spine. but atleast your body shape (and head shape) is better then his :D (his head is way to small on terra's)

EDIT2: seriously spikes? sorry that one tiny thing is what pisses me off most about that model. but ofcourse your body shape is perfect and so was your headsize.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Everything but the legs looks perfect, imo. The chest and head in particular are really good, and he looks much better with the beefed up arms.

The legs don't look like they have bones in them though...Kinda like putty or something. Look at the lower half of a dog's leg to see what I think Mewtwo's leg-bone structure is more like. In the reference picture, it's straight until the ankle, where the third 'toe' is, and then it's straight again until the other two toes.

But other than that, it's awesome.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I agree that the legs could use more defining angles. Also the tail could still be fatter -- the tail beginning reaches nearly down to his first leg joints in that illustration.

...:::VILE:::...

Smash Ace
I brought it up to see if anyone DID want me to improve on it, just in case they where implying it in their post (i doubt it though, they would have to be horrible at implying things).

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
I actually think i like Terra's more then Svarts but Svart's is more professional looking and terras legs and back of the tail is wrong. (not to be nitpicky but noone seems to remember that his tail is outside his body like an exoskeleton not inside like more other pokemon)

Lokee

Smash Apprentice

That Mewtwo its nearly FLAWLESS VICTORY!!! All you have to do is make the legs more structured (as in they look almost boneless) and add a bit more thickness to the tail, especially the base which should be pretty thick. Besides that is perfect.

Im just going say just cause it needs to be said. I thank everyone who are making a Mewtwo model.

Now is anyone going to make the perfect Mewtwo TEXTURE. It seems like no one has talked about that. and I think we ultimately neeed a better final texture.

Also I was going ask but is it even remotely possible to recreate Mewtwo's SideStep cause I mean it made him move out of the fighting plane.

And Im just going to add a personal favorite Mewtwo pic.

I like it cause it has a pinch of typical pokemon cuteness but has a majority of movie serious Mewtwo. It just seems it would be a good reference.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
oh okay then yeah it is nearly perfect.

EDIT: i don't know about you but to me the most annoying thing about terrascythe's was his tail seriously it's too short, too thin, and the back part that is connected to it's body is not supposed to fuse back into his body like a normal animal's would it is supposed to be like the front you know outside the body and whatnot.

you see that, you see his tail it doesn't go back into his body it sticks out.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
oh okay :). if he doesn't i'll be extremely mad. (lol jkjk but seriously mewtwo's tail is like my favorite part of mewtwo it looks like it was glued on after they made mewtwo or something.)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well.. first, thanks with the feedback, due to the fact that i've already mapped the textures, i'm a little restricted of what i can change on the mesh, yet maybe i can try some things, but well, at least doing mewtwo i have learned lots of interesting things :)

anyway regarding mewtwo, sugimori's mewtwo is pretty different to melee mewtwo and both are worlds apart from anime mewtwo...

Eyes are way off, arms are too skiny, hands need to be way bigger, front part of tail seems to be part of skin, while the real mewtwo's was sticking out.
eyes are way off in wich sense? if it is in shape, i'm interested to know why, if it's because the textrures (the color, the size of the iris and pupils, etc) worry not since I said earlier than textures are way from definitive.. the other points I will bring it further, but yeah.. i made hands a little bigger.

Something about the head seems..... not Mewtwo-ish. It should be a bit more sleek.
not pretty sure what does sleek means.. but I polished it very subtly

The arms are too skinny, the fingers are a little too long and the eyes seem a little off. Other than that it's shaping up nicely. Good job.
I reduced very slightly his fingers lenght. but i know that now it's more porportionated, (plus since hands are a little bigger). regarding the eyes, again, if it's regarding teh shape... then it's a problem.

his iris should be bigger and purplish pink (correct eye shape though), arms to skinny, hands have some problems too but i am not even gonna go into that. tail looks like part of skin, why'd you make his chest end in spikes it's supposed to be like a breastplate, tail's too short, and though this could just be an optical illusion from the lack of a back on his "breastplate" his 2nd spine is supposed to start at the center back of the forehead and end in the center back of his "breastplate", if i could see his legs there'd probably be alot more. but overall it's excellent
regarding the arms.. I made the forearms thickier, but the other part was good IMO (edit: i ended adding an extra little thickness to the whole arm), and keep in mind that is almost twice as wide as Melee mewtwo's arms (now THAT was skinny). in fact I find that terra's arms are a little too bulky. (speaking of terra.. when did he posted his second update? i didn't saw it).

Regarding the tail, in my mesh it's lenght is about 90% of mewtwo's total height, maybe it looks shorter because it's on perspective? now, with the tail and the skin, in the back zone I was way off, I tried to fix it a little, i will post a back pic soon. but regarding the exact place where skin and skin meet, that is something that should be done with textures, it can be done on the mesh, but it will spend a lot of polygons to do it right, while with textures (coloring the zone to look deep and adding detail in a normal map) can make the same optical effect withouth additional polygons (at least melee's mewto did it that way).

Regarding the shoulder spikes and the "breasthplate", the spikes are totally of my doing, as i said earlier, it started as a mistake, but when i find it I decided to try them, they added more dynamism to the chest area and at least I judged that it added a little to the design, and since noone complained about them (D.D said they were a litle to pointy, so i rounded them a bit and made them shorter :p)

in fact.. you are the first one to probably aknowledged them (at least on the feedback i've recieved)...but the time where the decision to keep them or not already was (before doing the mapping) I can round them a little more, but taking them would be a lot more complicated (maybe i would need to remap the mesh, something i'm not in the mood of doing since I spent like two days on that)

regarding the breasthplate, the back area is different that 90% of mewtwo interpretations, yet still I tried to do something similar to the ken sugimori's illust:

when you look at the back, it looks that the breasthplate grows from the back to cover the front and it looks way more organic (like following the red arrow), all the other iterations of mewtwo on the other hand looks like if mewtwo was "wearing" the breathplate (or that some mad scientist sewed into his skin a "skin breasthplate" once mewtwo was fully developed). or at least that is the impression it gave me : /

now, the hands... this have to be the most grey area on mewto's design.. there are some interesting differences between melee, sugimori's and movies mewtwo. specially arround the bone structure of the palm....

now look at the left hand... this is how mewtwos bones probably are placed, as you can see, it's not that different from an human hand, except the ammount of fingers.
and as any human hand, the hand bone from which the pinky finger is born have certain degree of independence from the rest of the hand. also, there is clearly one thumb.

in this one you can see also a palm and a proper hand, the difference is that third finger is just another finger instead of being a thumb, probably another "pinky finger".

the third one have no hand, or very very small hand, and looks like the fingers come from the arm itself. (there is a fourth one, but is mainly this but whit shorter fingers and teh ball almost covering the whole finger)

I tried to do something similar to the first one. is far from perfect.. but i wanted to show what i'm trying to do and what i'm not.

I hope this observations comes handy (pun intended) also to terra since his model is also looking very nice.. but right now i'm not liking too much his mewto's hand.

I wanted to write a little more.. but the post is already gigantic, so i guess that i will leave to here, and thanks a lot for the feedback, it has helped me view some other details i had been ignoring :), soon i will post some more renders to show the little changes i've been doing.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
as you can see in the 4th picture his eyes are purple not yellow (which by the way is a well known fact), his chest is a breastplate NOT SPIKES, his tail is an S in all of the official pictures (note melee and yours are NOT official) and the back of his tail (which neither you nor terra got right) is NOT supposed to go back into his body but rather (like the front) supposed to stick out of his body see:

edit: if you are gonna go by the sugimori redesign then STICK to the sugimori redesign and make the breastplate go AROUND and not spike it and just make it appear out of nowhere just because nobody said anything about doesn't mean it's alright. (either A. you are too lazy too take it out or B. everyone else here never saw a picture of mewtwo b4) also just so you remember mewtwo isn't organic or natural HE'S A FREAKING MUTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?!?!

edit2: why does everyone have to make there own "customizations" onto mewtwo EITHER MAKE HIM RIGHT OR DON'T MAKE HIM AT ALL!!! (plz don't take that seriously)

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
as you can see in the 4th picture his eyes are purple not yellow (which by the way is a well known fact),
as you can see on all the pictures his eyes are purple, not only the 4th. don't know how many times I will need to repeat that the textures aren't even near of definitive and that i don't even start working on them. geez, in the next pic i will post it withouth textures : /
his chest is a breastplate NOT SPIKES,
I already aknowledged that and said that the spikes was something that i didn't get from previous mewtwo's.. don't see why you need to repeat something that both of us understand.
his tail is an S in all of the official pictures (note melee and yours are NOT official)
if you mean to the start of the tail, please refer on the quotation below, if you refer to the pose of the tail, well, we can't model the tail that way since it's still need to get rigged to a skeleton, the "s" pose will come if someday we can give mewtwo a custom skeleton and animations since lucario's tail isn't exactly like a "s". and who was saying that my mewtwo is an official model? heck, it isn't even official for this project. and maybe melee's mewtwo isn't official for gamefreaks, but certainly it have it's own merits for being count as such, no melee nor brawl fox have been official either to starfox, but as a character standpoint i assure you that it counts even more in te hevolution of teh character, and both are official to smash.
and the back of his tail (which neither you nor terra got right) is NOT supposed to go back into his body but rather (like the front) supposed to stick out of his body see:
as i said in the previous post, i thank you for that feedback, I agree with you and i'm working on it... again.. don't need to bring back points which there is already concensus.

edit: if you are gonna go by the sugimori redesign then STICK to the sugimori redesign and make the breastplate go AROUND and not spike it and just make it appear out of nowhere just because nobody said anything about doesn't mean it's alright.
I didn't keep it because noone said something about it, I keeped it because I liked them and then noone seemed to bother with them, so i thought that they blended right with the general design. it was because noone said anything that i didn't take them... regarding Sugi's design, it's my main base for mewtwo.. but i didn't want to do a carbon copy neither,
(either A. you are too lazy too take it out or B. everyone else here never saw a picture of mewtwo b4)
wow, you caught me.. i'm too lazy to take them out indeed! /sarcasm
also just so you remember mewtwo isn't organic or natural HE'S A FREAKING MUTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?!?!
please don't put words on my mouth.. who said anything about "natural"? we are speaking regarding the form of a model, not food.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organic_(model) and mewtwo is the bioengineered artificial evolution of mew, is a mutant as how mutants and mutations are part of the evolution process. it isn't a canerigenous deformation such as fallout 3 mutants. also, mewto was grownth, it wasn't some freak experiment a scientist done sewing parts of mews corpses and then giving it life with a thunder , and as such, is a growing and adaptative organism, such his organic form and not a mechanical form in contrast he is a mutant not a robot!. noone was talking about organic food here ._.

i didn't want to sound rude, but i'm just trying to make clear my points and don't keep and argument for the sake of having it when actually it's almost nigh discrepancy :).

Oshtoby

Smash Apprentice
Burholme, Philadelphia, PA, USA, North America, Ea
as you can see in the 4th picture his eyes are purple not yellow (which by the way is a well known fact), his chest is a breastplate NOT SPIKES, his tail is an S in all of the official pictures (note melee and yours are NOT official) and the back of his tail (which neither you nor terra got right) is NOT supposed to go back into his body but rather (like the front) supposed to stick out of his body see:

edit: if you are gonna go by the sugimori redesign then STICK to the sugimori redesign and make the breastplate go AROUND and not spike it and just make it appear out of nowhere just because nobody said anything about doesn't mean it's alright. (either A. you are too lazy too take it out or B. everyone else here never saw a picture of mewtwo b4) also just so you remember mewtwo isn't organic or natural HE'S A FREAKING MUTANT!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT?!?!?!?!

edit2: why does everyone have to make there own "customizations" onto mewtwo EITHER MAKE HIM RIGHT OR DON'T MAKE HIM AT ALL!!! (plz don't take that seriously)
This is someone's take on Mewtwo. A fantastic one, in my opinion, but just a person's take, none the less. There is no need to get angry, and there is certainly no need for talking down to someone over it. You make some good points, but if you care so strongly on the formation of the model, then why not make a model yourself or, at the very least, draw what you think he should look like on a model reference sheet?

colored blind

Smash Journeyman

Wow. Way to be an asshat. Really. You could've said this in a much more civil manner, or you could've at least read all of Svart's post and realized that yes, he's fixing stuff. It's always hard to go from 2D to 3D, especially when there's some discrepancies between different OFFICIAL interpretations of the same character.

Seriously. Either make your case in a civil, organized, and persuasive manner or DON'T MAKE IT AT ALL!!!

G Sus117

Smash Rookie
Really like the psychic idea you have, maybe a smaller version of it for his forward tilt would be cool?

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Sup guys? Uhh...I'll try to update tonight, see what happens.
My upcoming term is mad simple though, plus I'm getting adderol, so I'll have time for everything. LOL.

But uh, can I get a quick list of requested changes? I know Disable fix is on there.
-DD

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Sup guys? Uhh...I'll try to update tonight, see what happens.
My upcoming term is mad simple though, plus I'm getting adderol, so I'll have time for everything. LOL.

But uh, can I get a quick list of requested changes? I know Disable fix is on there.
-DD
out of curiosity, did you add my edited .pac i posted a while ago to the OP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom