• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Mewtwo- Mewtwo v1.00 - WHOA VERSION JUMP. Moveset complete! Touch-ups begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinkedo56

Smash Cadet
I know this is a random question, but have there been any updates to the model of Mewtwo? I haven't been on here in a while and I honestly don't feel like going back through twenty pages to find them...
The creators dropped the topic and never spoke a word. So progress for that died. But it doesn't matter now. Model extractor tool is almost done and we can use an official trophy model thats better than anyone can ever make! (Lol I'm bias to official stuff, I just feel that they are the ones who made them then therefore they are the best ones)

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Nair isn't nearly the **** it used to be, and Fair needs to come out faster. Also, just make the Dair one, solid, spike, like it used to be! That thing used to be the best spike in the game, and I want it to stay that way!

Oh, and the Uair and Dair and maybe the Fair all completely cancel the second jump's momentum, and it's REALLY annoying.

But otherwise, great character, fun to use, and beautiful animations on the Fair and Dair!

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
Isn't anybody going to make custom animations for this with BrawlBox? So he hovers like Mewtwo?

Almo40192

Smash Rookie
Nair isn't nearly the **** it used to be, and Fair needs to come out faster. Also, just make the Dair one, solid, spike, like it used to be! That thing used to be the best spike in the game, and I want it to stay that way!

Oh, and the Uair and Dair and maybe the Fair all completely cancel the second jump's momentum, and it's REALLY annoying.

But otherwise, great character, fun to use, and beautiful animations on the Fair and Dair!
yes definately agreed, i want the old Dair back

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman

Agree !

DarkXehanort

Smash Rookie
Isn't anybody going to make custom animations for this with BrawlBox? So he hovers like Mewtwo?
I've been wondering the same thing. Super Sonic seems to be the most likely candidate; just slow it down.

Then again, my ignorance on the subject will probably invoke a correction. I'm almost positive those who've worked on this project have thought of the idea before, but something may be preventing them to accomplish such a feat.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I've been wondering the same thing. Super Sonic seems to be the most likely candidate; just slow it down.
You don't need to take animations from anybody, just edit the current one. Or I suppose you could get the Super Sonic animation and edit it to be more Mewtwo-like.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Er...isn't Super Sonic an article? I don't think you can swap animations with an article. Of course, with how quickly new hacks are being made, I am either wrong or am going to be proved wrong... >>

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
You don't need to take animations from anybody, just edit the current one. Or I suppose you could get the Super Sonic animation and edit it to be more Mewtwo-like.
exactly. less work, and more profit :D but yeah like stuff2o said, edit the bones and stuff to make it so he doesnt get all scrunched up lol.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Was my post just completely ignored or something? :dizzy:
sorry, didnt see it lol. well, SS's run animation was used on sonic before, soo... it should be possible. unless you think its still tied to sonic because hes an artcle? is that why you mentioned him being an article (which he is)?

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Actually, I thought articles couldn't be used because they don't have an individual pac file...but it looks like I'm wrong.

So ignore me and my limited knowledge of Brawl Hacks for now.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Some feedback:

Down-B needs DARKNESS EFFECT. ;P

D-throw/d-tilt combo is very much like I remember from Melee. Nice job!

N-air could use a final, stronger hitbox at the end of the attack, regardless of if you hit the ground or not (similar to Melee).

B-air doesn't have much range. IDK if it can be fixed without a new model, but it should have a long(er) range, like in Melee.

Make new victory poses!

NAir will be given the final hitbox.

FAir will come out faster.

DAir needs its own animation or something.

BAir does too.

Down-B needs to actually be made. The released version does not have a working DownB.

All aerials cancel momentum of the second jump. It's called DJC, its from melee. To avoid momentum being canceled, hold the jump button during the attack, and you will rise instead of fall.

I won't be doing animations myself, since I'll be busy for a while with school. Updates to the moveset will be the most I can manage until ~December 18th, when my break from college starts.

Until then, I invite anyone who is able to make whatever edits they can to the bone/animations to make stuff work.

-DD

Gyros Kirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0044-3247-1699
Switch FC
5691-0378-5993
Three of mewtwo's throw's would to have own animation. His Bthrow I will have same animation as in melee if possible and kills at very low % with a low angle. Kills about 115% on Bowser e.g. The dmg is 15%

Fthrow would to have more different animation than in melee to be good. The Fthrow grabs the character to the air and the dos shadow-fire multi-hiting from his hand and the animation on Fthrow is like the grab animation from ganons sideB. 2% dmg per hit and dos 22% dmg total also 11 hits. The last hit sent the character up a little bit with low BKB, but mewtwo cant chaingrab with fthorw only to damgebuilder and combo with . It can be a good combo starter for mewtwo. Mewtwo can do combo's with Fthrow as Fthrow to Nair, Fthrow to Fair, Fthrow to Dair and other options with combos. Please make the throw to mewtwo's best throw.

Dthorw would be same as its Dthrow in melee mewtwo's animation if possible , but can only changrab a few times. It can be used in a combo as changrab with Dthrow to Fthrow to one of the aerials. It dos 8% dmg

Uthrow has already prefect animation, but it has to low knockback and dmg. Increase the KGB so Uthrow kills heavy characters as bowser and snake on 110% not 170% and dos 17% instead for 10%. This throw would to be mewtwo's main killer.

Most of mewtwo's throws is the key of its combo's, killing and throws is its game like in melee but better to make mewtwo high tier. I hope my ideas was good.

grim mouser

Smash Journeyman
All aerials cancel momentum of the second jump. It's called DJC, its from melee. To avoid momentum being canceled, hold the jump button during the attack, and you will rise instead of fall.
O.O

I didn't know you gave Mewtwo DJC. That explains a lot. Now that I know that, maybe I'll play better. xD

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
Three of mewtwo's throw's would to have own animation. His Bthrow I will have same animation as in melee if possible and kills at very low % with a low angle. Kills about 115% on Bowser e.g. The dmg is 15%

Fthrow would to have more different animation than in melee to be good. The Fthrow grabs the character to the air and the dos shadow-fire multi-hiting from his hand and the animation on Fthrow is like the grab animation from ganons sideB. 2% dmg per hit and dos 22% dmg total also 11 hits. The last hit sent the character up a little bit with low BKB, but mewtwo cant chaingrab with fthorw only to damgebuilder and combo with . It can be a good combo starter for mewtwo. Mewtwo can do combo's with Fthrow as Fthrow to Nair, Fthrow to Fair, Fthrow to Dair and other options with combos. Please make the throw to mewtwo's best throw.

Dthorw would be same as its Dthrow in melee mewtwo's animation if possible , but can only changrab a few times. It can be used in a combo as changrab with Dthrow to Fthrow to one of the aerials. It dos 8% dmg

Uthrow has already prefect animation, but it has to low knockback and dmg. Increase the KGB so Uthrow kills heavy characters as bowser and snake on 110% not 170% and dos 17% instead for 10%. This throw would to be mewtwo's main killer.

Most of mewtwo's throws is the key of its combo's, killing and throws is its game like in melee but better to make mewtwo high tier. I hope my ideas was good.
Can't do FThrow like melee. I could try to have the character launch and then have a precisely calculated hitbox in the air where the character should pass through that will deal damage to anyone around there.

UThrow will be buffed. Don't know why its so weak again. o_o;

BThrow I'll[or someone else will] try to edit Ness's bones to make them work.

DThrow is not possible to copy at the moment.

O.O

I didn't know you gave Mewtwo DJC. That explains a lot. Now that I know that, maybe I'll play better. xD
>3>; Its been there since before B+ had DJC. Then I just adjusted it to their version, which was superior.
-DD

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
NAir will be given the final hitbox.

FAir will come out faster.

DAir needs its own animation or something.

BAir does too.

Down-B needs to actually be made. The released version does not have a working DownB.

- No, I mean the NAir doesn't keep people trapped if they get caught. AND it doesn't have the final hitbox :p
-I think the DAir has an AMAZING animation! You just need to make it spike again. I mean, it used to be the fastest, strongest, most un-punishable spike in the game! Bring back it's greatness!
-And, please, just make the aerials stop completely cancelling momentum. Because I don't even remember that from melee. And I LOVE jumping up to somebody while they are above me, starting my spike animation, and ending up spiking them just as I arrive on top of their skulls. Same thing with Uairs and Fairs. Because otherwise once you're within range to spike them/claw them, you have to do the entire move, and by then they'll DI or dodge out of the way. :(

Oh, and add a slice/claw sound effect to the Fair.

And I'm glad that my earlier comment is getting so many "agreed"s. It makes me feel special. :D

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
I haven't tried it myself, but are the mentioned aerials stopping horizontal momentum as well?

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
They are cancelling all momentum of the second jump. I just played melee. The cancel WAAAAYY more then they are supposed to if you're looking for a melee effect.

Meccs

@Meccs_
I like F-air 10000000000x more now, it's great.

also: does that namestrip repacement thing actually work for everyone? The one that changes the portraits works for me, but that somebody (ds22?) made doesn't do anything, it's still Lucario.
- - -
Dammit, I really wish I didn't have a Mac and actually knew something about PSA so I could actually help out. I've got too much free time :p

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I can try and do some custom animations for him if you want, DD. I've finally started to get used to the animation editor in BBox, so it should be easy enough. I can take requests from anyone for animations and what animation they should go over. I could make Mewtwo float during a wait pose or something, floating is REEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYY easy.

Meccs

@Meccs_
Just his walking and running animation have to be floating, Iirc he stands durring his waiting annimation. I could be wrong though.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Just his walking and running animation have to be floating, Iirc he stands durring his waiting annimation. I could be wrong though.
That's easy, any floating is easy. The only hard part would be stopping his legs from rotating, but even then it's no problem. I can fix it up real quickly, if it's not done tonight it'll be done tomorrow morning.

EDIT: Yeah, it'll have to be tomorrow morning. His animations are longer than I though >.<

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Ugh, I can't make Lucario float. Every time I do and I save something goes wrong and corrupts the file so when you try and preview it the run animation is extremely glitchy and his feet disappear every three or so frames, and I can't fix it. Sorry I couldn't make him float.

ds22

Smash Lord
I like F-air 10000000000x more now, it's great.

also: does that namestrip repacement thing actually work for everyone? The one that changes the portraits works for me, but that somebody (ds22?) made doesn't do anything, it's still Lucario.
- - -
Dammit, I really wish I didn't have a Mac and actually knew something about PSA so I could actually help out. I've got too much free time :p
Copy this image to your computer.
http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/523/menselchrchrnms033.png
Then open BrawlBox and open your common5.pac
Open up sc_selcharacter_en, then open MiscData[70] and open up textures.
Then scroll down to MenSelchrChrNmS.033 and replace that with the image I just provided.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
>_> <_<

if i can make sonic float..... i know i can make mewtwo do the same
I can make him float, it's just a matter that his file goes corrupt after I save. I don't know what makes it do that, I'm just going to assume it's the latest update to BrawlBox and that it will get fixed later.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I guess I accidentally contributed a little to this. The [url="http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/File:Mewtwo_Trophy_Render.png]mewtwo image[/url] used on the character select screen was rendered, edited, and uploaded by me to Smash Wiki. At least it certainly looks the same.

Keep up the good work guys :080:

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
So, will we do something about the over-the-top, unrealistically high DJC or not? Because if you're aiming for a melee effect, you overshot it by a couple extra fields.

DarkDragoon

Smash Champion
NNID
LordDarkDragoon
So, will we do something about the over-the-top, unrealistically high DJC or not? Because if you're aiming for a melee effect, you overshot it by a couple extra fields.
>_> What exactly needs to be changed to make it Melee ish? Smaller DJC window? Less momentum change?
-DD

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
>_> What exactly needs to be changed to make it Melee ish? Smaller DJC window? Less momentum change?
-DD
Well, it cancels ALL of the jump momentum, and makes it as if you hadn't jumped at all and were just falling from that spot. It needs to cancel much less momentum, so you can still rise to your opponent with a u-air or spike when you start the animation. Play melee to see what I mean when I say it cancels too much momentum.

It's REALLY annoying as of now.
But great work on everything else, glad you're working to bring the melee Dair back. :D

EDIT: *looks at comments above me* yea... smaller window. Huh. Did I just really explain in depth a simple two-word sentence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom