• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project Naruto (Need more animators!) (Added BrawlVault link)

ds22

Smash Lord
For example, Ganondorf uses his Side-B and grabs Naruto.
Naruto dissembles in beautiful (read annoying) flanks of colors appearing on the screen.
He has to jump 2 times in order to turn back to normal.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
For example, Ganondorf uses his Side-B and grabs Naruto.
Naruto dissembles in beautiful (read annoying) flanks of colors appearing on the screen.
He has to jump 2 times in order to turn back to normal.
I see....I did something. And he retained his body while being grabbed and thrown. Except for his toe for some reason(it stretched). And he flew way to the left. But...I don't remember now. I deleted it because I thought that's what usually happens. Fail.

ds22

Smash Lord
I see....I did something. And he retained his body while being grabbed and thrown. Except for his toe for some reason(it stretched). And he flew way to the left. But...I don't remember now. I deleted it because I thought that's what usually happens. Fail.
*Smashes head against laptop keyboard*
Why, O why did...
Wait, maybe it's still in the recycling bin.

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
*Smashes head against laptop keyboard*
Why, O why did...
Wait, maybe it's still in the recycling bin.
I didn't find it, but I tried recreating it. And he retains is body like before, and now he doesn't stretch(while being thrown). But he flies to the right, then to the left off the screen. Trying to fix that.

ds22

Smash Lord
I didn't find it, but I tried recreating it. And he retains is body like before, and now he doesn't stretch(while being thrown). But he flies to the right, then to the left off the screen. Trying to fix that.
Thank you for taking time for this.
I hope you succeed (I'll give credit as reward :) ).

dxrkn3ss

Smash Journeyman
Hey can you give me an idea of what you are tinkering with exactly. My amy has the same glitch.

Just giving me a heads up would allow me to tinker with it

Or you can help me too (after ds22 of course)

Thanks...

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Sounds like what happens when you grab someone in Brawl+ while a Timer is in effect.

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
sry for my slowness. I had some school stuff to worry about and ive been really busy. ill have the attack 13 and Fair done somewhat soon. Also, I just wanted to put out the sugestion of making his downB a shadowclone counter attack? he's over Ike, so it would be a waste to not give him a counter attack. hed be the 1st custom character with a functioning counter attack.
I'd love to do the animations for it btw.

but im wondering something. Using that seperate model of him (what was used in the earlier version of Naruto for his shadowclones), does that have hitboxes on the model/bones? is there a way to make it so the model has no hurtboxes? (so I can use PSA to make hitboxes). this would help because we need it hitting the opponent in different directions depending on the attack. this would essentially make everything 10 times easier. let me know

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Apparently since Dant made a code that gives you the ability to have a character select screen song, does anyone want me to get a brstm from the character select song in rev3/ex3? With it, I'll throw in Orochimaru's Lair(best song in ex3 imo). Also, what's the status of the project?

ds22

Smash Lord
You mean winning music right?
Because I already have something for that (if you want, I'll upload it).
But if you want, just a download link here.

KyuubiDemon1

Smash Apprentice
i been busy with school work too im sorry ill get it done somewhat soon cause spring is coming soon thank god

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
i been busy with school work too im sorry ill get it done somewhat soon cause spring is coming soon thank god
same here
i don't have much time to do animating so im just tweaking some numbers here and there
when spring break comes
it'll go faster

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
the kcmm thread now has the most up to date model and motion pac
with the motion fix

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
i see you have the grab glitch as well, and i finally figured out what gets rid of the throw glitch! it turns out it has nothing to do with the ThrowN bone at all, but its actually the HipN bone that controls it (dont know why). like with the TransN bone, the HipN bone MUST be in the same index as the character your replacing. the problem is that it seems to mess up the model a bit, but it makes it so the character can be thrown without glitching. and until the model rebuilder comes out, this will be the best we can get.

ds22

Smash Lord
i see you have the grab glitch as well, and i finally figured out what gets rid of the throw glitch! it turns out it has nothing to do with the ThrowN bone at all, but its actually the HipN bone that controls it (dont know why). like with the TransN bone, the HipN bone MUST be in the same index as the character your replacing. the problem is that it seems to mess up the model a bit, but it makes it so the character can be thrown without glitching. and until the model rebuilder comes out, this will be the best we can get.
Doing this really messes up Naruto.
But this is a really great find, thank you for finding it.
And when the model rebuilder, it will really help.

w746ehj

Smash Rookie
Cool

This i cant w8 for relase how long do you think it will be till finished?:confused:

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
This i cant w8 for relase how long do you think it will be till finished?:confused:
a long time
becuz most of our animators have school and are busy with work
so we're getting like 1 animation done a month
when we hit spring break we'll finish most of it

hopefully

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Could the texture be updated to look like the same style to the rest of the cast?

Fen__

Smash Ace
Uploaded a new vid showing the Run (and all TransN using) animation(s) fully fixed.
Plus, there is a little surprise in the vid. :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8uEpg2vCp8
Very nice. I hope you get a different soundclip for the voice in the end, though. It kind of doesn't fit, obviously :p. Also, the animations look good. The only thing I'd critique is when zoomed, I noticed that the hand without a kunai still looked as if it was holding one. Other than that, I'm glad to see the progress.

ds22

Smash Lord
Very nice. I hope you get a different soundclip for the voice in the end, though. It kind of doesn't fit, obviously :p. Also, the animations look good. The only thing I'd critique is when zoomed, I noticed that the hand without a kunai still looked as if it was holding one. Other than that, I'm glad to see the progress.
It was the only one I could find.
And it became suckish because of the converting.
But I never noticed the hand thing though, it ain't that big a deal but it can be changed.

were'd u get kid goku i can't find the dl link
It's only the CSS thing, it's still Luigi when you enter a battle.

Top Bottom