• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project: Rotom: While I'm Gone, Enjoy Very Early Download

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Oh god please see this to the end. I'm looking forward to this project more than any others.
If I could help I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Oh god please see this to the end. I'm looking forward to this project more than any others.
If I could help I'd do it in a heartbeat.
why is it that everyone who wants this project can't help >.>

not making any progress right now. working on some other stuff. will resume rotom ASAP

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Why not post this project in the Pokehub as well? There's an advertising section if you need help. Once people realize they can have any of the pokemon from PPWii in their Brawl, you can bet they'll sign up just to support.

Though I'm not saying just get rid of this thread; Rotom is looking pretty cool. >;3

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Why not post this project in the Pokehub as well? There's an advertising section if you need help. Once people realize they can have any of the pokemon from PPWii in their Brawl, you can bet they'll sign up just to support.

Though I'm not saying just get rid of this thread; Rotom is looking pretty cool. >;3
will do, thnx

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
i got the animation for swift, but when i go into PSA, and tell it to generate starrod shot, only some graphics appear. anyone know how to get it to shoot a star?

also, he now moves when he runs. he just has sort of a pause, run, pause, run thing going on when he runs

MzNetta

Oh no she betta don't
NNID
ParisNicholson
3DS FC
4940-5470-2081
Someone on KC made a Rosalina PSA with a >B that fires a star rod star successfully. You could try asking them how they did it?

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
also, he now moves when he runs. he just has sort of a pause, run, pause, run thing going on when he runs
I believe the solution to that is to make every frame for the movement bone a keyframe (on the axis that you're moving along).

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
If anyone figures out the item grabbing freeze, let me know ASAP, because Gardevoir's having the exact same problem. (Strangely enough, Klonoa can grab items just fine...)

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
I believe the solution to that is to make every frame for the movement bone a keyframe (on the axis that you're moving along).
eh, i have no idea wat a keyframe is. plz explain. sry, but im not very knowledgeable with animation

If anyone figures out the item grabbing freeze, let me know ASAP, because Gardevoir's having the exact same problem. (Strangely enough, Klonoa can grab items just fine...)
i'll post it in big red letters in the pokehub

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
eh, i have no idea wat a keyframe is. plz explain. sry, but im not very knowledgeable with animation

i'll post it in big red letters in the pokehub
In BrawlBox, keyframes are highlighted in yellow in the animation previewer. What they do is change where a bone is going. Say you want to move a character's arm. You would find the frame you want to stop the movement on, and change the bone's rotation so that on that frame, it's finished moving to there.

And thank you~ <3

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
In BrawlBox, keyframes are highlighted in yellow in the animation previewer. What they do is change where a bone is going. Say you want to move a character's arm. You would find the frame you want to stop the movement on, and change the bone's rotation so that on that frame, it's finished moving to there.

And thank you~ <3
ah thnx for explaining.

also, not working on much until i can find a way to either replace polygons, or add a model to a character without freezing

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
have you tried renaming a bone to HaveN yet? in my tests, it seems brawl assumes that a bone in the arm is the HaveN, but seeing as Rotom has no arms... but i would like to try a few tests on him. so would it be alright if i got his model? or if you dont want to do that, maybe a picture of his bone structure?

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
have you tried renaming a bone to HaveN yet? in my tests, it seems brawl assumes that a bone in the arm is the HaveN, but seeing as Rotom has no arms... but i would like to try a few tests on him. so would it be alright if i got his model? or if you dont want to do that, maybe a picture of his bone structure?
Lemme guess... this is another bone index issue? (And yes, I did rename a bone to HaveN. I also renamed a bone to RHaveN and LHaveN. None of them worked.)

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
Maybe the bone that has the same index as the replaced character's RHave or LHaveN needs to have the same name.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
well, im thinking it might be a bone issue, but from a few tests ive done, it looks like the HaveN bone doesnt need to be in the same index as the character being replaced. i think brawl tries to find the closest thing to the HaveN bone and treats that as the bone, which is why sometimes items are held in wierd spots on some inported models. one test i did, the model held the item with his foot, and another on top of his head. but thats why i would like to take a look at the model and see if i can fix it.

edit: i have been able to successfully re-create the item grab glitch, and i have a theory starting to formulate, but i need to know a few things first.
how many bones does Rotom have originally?
have you added any bones to Rotom?
have you renamed any bones yet?
who do you have Rotom replacing?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
well, im thinking it might be a bone issue, but from a few tests ive done, it looks like the HaveN bone doesnt need to be in the same index as the character being replaced. i think brawl tries to find the closest thing to the HaveN bone and treats that as the bone, which is why sometimes items are held in wierd spots on some inported models. one test i did, the model held the item with his foot, and another on top of his head. but thats why i would like to take a look at the model and see if i can fix it.

edit: i have been able to successfully re-create the item grab glitch, and i have a theory starting to formulate, but i need to know a few things first.
how many bones does Rotom have originally?
have you added any bones to Rotom?
have you renamed any bones yet?
who do you have Rotom replacing?
originally, he had 5 bones
i added 44 bones
i haven't re-named anything
he iz replacing pikachu

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
wow, only 5 bones to start with? that may pose a problem. try this for me then. put Rotom on Olimar, Metaknight, and Squirtle, and see if Rotom can pick up items (doesn't matter the order, but do all three please). i'm thinking the glitch is happening because of how many extra bones the HaveN is under, as in: Pikachu's HaveN is bone index 34, and Rotom's last real bone is 4. Olimar's first HaveN is index 19, Metaknight's is 15, and Squirtle's is 8. i hope that made sense. if not, you could send me the model and i will do the tests.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Swift Alternative found! replaced thunder jolt model with starman. the only prob is that it won't move when it hits the ground. i want to do something differently for swift on the ground. maybe make a star explosion? im happy with swift in the air, just not the ground...

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Uh...Not to state something a little obvious but...did you ever consider using Staryu's Swift for the Swift attack and modifying it's properties to make it a different attack?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Uh...Not to state something a little obvious but...did you ever consider using Staryu's Swift for the Swift attack and modifying it's properties to make it a different attack?
well, im only replacing the model, not the properties. articles can only be edited through hexing, and i only know of editing the flags. how could i make it move straight foward? and i don't know where the star model is located for staryu. only the staryu model is accessible.

man...i could rly use another animator...

Senjen

Smash Apprentice
since using the invincible star's from the mario series as romtom's swift attack would it be possible to remove their eyes? 0.0

Mr.Weegee

Smash Ace
You can replace one of the personal GFX's and do the "brawlboxing a projectile" technique.

(Make an animation in which the ThrowN bone is where the porjectile should be, and then attach the GFX and hitbox in PSA.)

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
You can replace one of the personal GFX's and do the "brawlboxing a projectile" technique.

(Make an animation in which the ThrowN bone is where the porjectile should be, and then attach the GFX and hitbox in PSA.)
maybe, but i kinda had another idea...kinda

anyway, will-o-wisp is done for the most part. animation needs rev-amping, if someone is willing to do so

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
About Swift:
You think you could just copy n paste this PSA's Side-B to Rotom or copy and edit to Rotom's Side - b?

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
About Swift:
You think you could just copy n paste this PSA's Side-B to Rotom or copy and edit to Rotom's Side - b?
i would, but wat that does, is drop your item, generate a star rod, forces you to do an attack that generates a star, consumes starrod, and picks up the first item. considering the game freezes when rotom picks up an item, that is impossible right noa.

also, working on dark pulse right nao

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
i would, but wat that does, is drop your item, generate a star rod, forces you to do an attack that generates a star, consumes starrod, and picks up the first item. considering the game freezes when rotom picks up an item, that is impossible right noa.

also, working on dark pulse right nao
-_- well I tried, meh I hope we can get this fixed soon
once again good luck and I hope you find more supporters!

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
-_- well I tried, meh I hope we can get this fixed soon
once again good luck and I hope you find more supporters!
don't you mean supporters than can help with the project? also, i think that i will be releasing an early, uncompleted version of rotom at some point. i think i will only need people to rev-amp my animations. i think i can create the rest of them

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
w00tastic! ^_^ I downloaded it and will be testing it out after I finish my session of Red Steel 2.
As a side note, I'll texture the stars eyes so they don't have them if you'd like

highfive

Smash Lord
you shouldn't have released it. I now has the power to create a new rotom texture. Almost done. Just have to check it out in Brawl as brawlbox doesn't show crap.

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
you shouldn't have released it. I now has the power to create a new rotom texture. Almost done. Just have to check it out in Brawl as brawlbox doesn't show crap.
O NOEZ!!!

lol, i dont mind. just be sure to post a pic. i want to add it to the 1st page. and for rotom, BBox is only good for seeing the plasma. for some reason, u cant view the main body.

Top Bottom