• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

MaRRoK

Smash Journeyman
hi ppl. 2 questions I have.

Originally Posted by Eldiran
More discovery:

Fire Projectile
1F060100: 0-Power of shot

Examples: 0-0 fires a star in the Star Rod side tilt, whereas 0-1 is the Fsmash. 0-20 would fire a moderately large Super Scope shot.
so for that. I tried it for fire flower. it froze. help? is there a way to do that?

and this is the one i REALLY need help on.
so the soren PSA on marth uses bits 16-19.
with RA bits and LA bits with ganondorf :ganondorf:,
what # bit do I use? i tried 9,10,11,13,16,22,93,92,91,90,97,96,98,99. they all froze. i was informed that if the bit is in use and you try to sommon it, it will freeze. how do i know which ones are free?!?!? i do not feel like trying every #. ive tried a crapload. i need help. lol. please help me?:confused:

im using the bits to make it so ganon can take out/ put away his sword mid battle, thus having diff moves for when sword is out.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
dont know if this is the thread I should asking in but

how can I open pokemon trainer, ivysaur, charizard and squrtle (FitCharacter.pac) in PSA? I only got an "error reading file" of those four ;_;

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Quick question, how do I make a character act a certain way when hit? Is there a "if hit" requierement anywhere? I tried looking at Marth and Ike's counter, but found nothing.

Zarato

Smash Rookie
Is there a way to give a move more than one effect in their flags (i.e. lightning and hitstun at the same time)?

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
How would I make a side smash be able to be a combo? Here's what I have in mind for what I am currently working on: if sidesmash hits someone then press A or sidesmash to go to second part of combo if second part of combo hits then go to third part of combo

another way to look at is:

1. Sidesmash
  2. hits then
  3. Second part of combo
  4. hits then
  5. Third part of combo

I hope you understand what I mean. It would be very beneficial if I am able to do this.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Okay, so what I'm trying to do is get Toon Links upB to be the hurricane spin if you do it on the ground, and charge it. It works exactly as it should in that he get a huge momentum boost sideways, and is dizzy for a few seconds after.

The problem hoever, lies in this bit of data..

It's supposed to set each of these values in orders, and when the attack is executed, if 179 is set, it actually does send you forward and make you dizzy, but if it wasn't, it will simply be the normal spin attack.
The problem is, it doesn't work. Even if I remove this code, the hurricane spin attack still happens every time...

Here is the map.. I mean, subaction for actually using the attack.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice
Umm, I'm using smash attack and i want to change sound effects is there a list of the sound effects? Like how do I know the name of the sound effect the beam sword uses?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@E-Jolteon: You've got a problem there in your code: you have If: Bit is Set: LA-Float. Bit is Set only checks if Bit Variables are set.
Similarly, you can't Bit Variable Clear a Float Variable.

Umm, I'm using smash attack and i want to change sound effects is there a list of the sound effects? Like how do I know the name of the sound effect the beam sword uses?
Here ya go:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8177607&postcount=1235

Also, for future reference, if you need to look up a list of something in PSA or want to see if there's a specific event for something, check out this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246651

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
@E-Jolteon: You've got a problem there in your code: you have If: Bit is Set: LA-Float. Bit is Set only checks if Bit Variables are set.
It was SO OBVIOUS... :ohwell: Thanks for your help, I got it working great now.

KickKickFlip

Smash Apprentice

Here ya go:
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8177607&postcount=1235

Also, for future reference, if you need to look up a list of something in PSA or want to see if there's a specific event for something, check out this thread:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=246651
That list is only items how can I like put the voices of my taunts on other moves and so on? Is there a list for the whole sound fx?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
That list is only items how can I like put the voices of my taunts on other moves and so on? Is there a list for the whole sound fx?
Unfortunately not. We only have lists of the sound effects we have manually recorded.

However, I also have some sound effect info recorded for Ike, Jigglypuff, and Link, if you happen to be editing them.

Alses

Smash Apprentice
I really need help! How can I make my squirtle PSA work? I made the codes all correctly and the file isn't corrupt but it always freezes in brawl... I even used OpenSA to try to make it work it didn't help... And when I try to use brawlbox to extract the misc data to use the brawl box method of editing it didn't work...
I never heard of any working squirtle or ivysaur PSAs But I do know a charizard PSA exists and works I MUST know how to make it work... I'm pretty sure its something with PSA or Open SA so I think its right to post this here.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What do I change in order to give a character another Up +B?
Like say, if I want to give Sonic another spring or Snake another Cypher?

WeDoNotSow

Smash Rookie
How do I make DK's down B generate a barrell and throw it? I can generate the barrel, and I changed the loop animation to pick up an item and the end loop to throw it, but all that happens is DK generates the barrel, the barrel falls, and DK throws emptiness. How do I get the barrel to stay in his hands?

.Fade

Smash Journeyman
First of all, where is the swordglow command in PSA, and second of all, how do I use it in conjunction with Brawlbox to put part of a model over another model?
Sword Glow: 11031400

Parameters:
0 - Color
1 - Blur length, i.e. how long the sword's aftershadow is.
2 - Bone the 1st point of the sword trail follows
3 - X offset of the 1st point of the sword trail
4 - Y offset of the 1st point of the sword trail
5 - Z offset of the 1st point of the sword trail
6 - Bone the 2nd point of the sword trail follows
7 - X offset of the 2nd point of the sword trail
8 - Y offset of the 2nd point of the sword trail
9 - Z offset of the 2nd point of the sword trail
10 - Boolean; if set to true, glow/trail disappears at the end of the subaction.
11 - External Graphic Effect reference.
12 - Bone the sword glow follows
13 - X offset of the sword glow
14 - Y offset of the sword glow
15 - Z offset of the sword glow
16 - X rotation of the sword glow
17 - Y rotation of the sword glow
18 - Z rotation of the sword glow
19 - Length of the sword glow, i.e. halving this value will make it half the sword's length.

Should be in the Big PSA List soon - that's the best place to check unorthodox codes.

I've never tried it, but I'm assuming you go into Brawlbox and find the model data of the sword glow somewhere in the character's files. For example, Ike's sword glow is in his FitIke.pac file. Replace the sword glow and its texture with your desired model...that should work.

I really need help! How can I make my squirtle PSA work? I made the codes all correctly and the file isn't corrupt but it always freezes in brawl... I even used OpenSA to try to make it work it didn't help... And when I try to use brawlbox to extract the misc data to use the brawl box method of editing it didn't work...
I never heard of any working squirtle or ivysaur PSAs But I do know a charizard PSA exists and works I MUST know how to make it work... I'm pretty sure its something with PSA or Open SA so I think its right to post this here.
PSA v1.3 is the only program that can edit Pkmn Trainer pokemon, just be careful to read up on how it works and save apropriately.

How would you make a ranged sword slash with sort of a lucario aura effect?
Ask Xen on KCMM, he made a Lucario with a sword-like aura attack. Basically it's a lot of aura graphics with steadily increasing X offsets from his hand bone.

What do I change in order to give a character another Up +B?
Like say, if I want to give Sonic another spring or Snake another Cypher?
Read the 'Most Commonly Asked PSA Questions' here and in KCMM, and you'll find your answer.

Beren Zaiga

Smash Ace
Is it possible to manually load these PSAs onto the SD card and run them without the Homebrew Channel?

Velnior

Smash Rookie
So is it supposed to only load a small selection of the textures when I do start, or *should* it be loading them all? Also, is it supposed to randomly corrupt everything that often?

That madness aside, 1. Is it possible to give someone other than peach her 'hover' ability?
and 2. How do you make someone not disabled after a move?

SmashShard

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know if you can add sub actions? I want to edit the Alloys to give them specials and all that stuff, but they dont have enough actions to do this :/

kirbys246

Smash Apprentice
Ok so im editing a Dash attack and when I activate it, he uses tilt forward attack! Something is wrong but there is nothing in the commands of the dash attack that lead to it. Help plz.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm wondering if it's possible to add on projectile reflect properties similar to Falco's (basically one that doesn't require invincibility). I'm not having much luck finding the events in question to control this though.

Anybody know how to do this?

GameTrekker

Smash Cadet
Okay, I've been trying to figure this out for ages, and I've been searching online as well, but I just can't find the answer I need.

What is the formula for how much damage a move does to shields?

In PSA, there are a Damage value and a Shield Damage value. Are the two just added together to determine the shield damage? Or does one add more than the other? Or is the latter a multiplier of some sort? Or do the knockback values factor in in some way as well? Does anyone know the answer to this? Please tell me; it's important for a project I'm working on.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Okay, I've been trying to figure this out for ages, and I've been searching online as well, but I just can't find the answer I need.

What is the formula for how much damage a move does to shields?

In PSA, there are a Damage value and a Shield Damage value. Are the two just added together to determine the shield damage? Or does one add more than the other? Or is the latter a multiplier of some sort? Or do the knockback values factor in in some way as well? Does anyone know the answer to this? Please tell me; it's important for a project I'm working on.
this is what it's supposed to be like:
XXXXYYYY:
XXXX is the value for Shield Damage modifier (Most attacks have 0)
YYYY is the value for Knockback Growth (The distance added proportionally to the target's damage)
Does that help?

GameTrekker

Smash Cadet
this is what it's supposed to be like:
XXXXYYYY:
XXXX is the value for Shield Damage modifier (Most attacks have 0)
YYYY is the value for Knockback Growth (The distance added proportionally to the target's damage)
Does that help?
No, sorry. Not what I asked for. What I'm wondering is how the "Shield Damage modifier" works. That is, how does it modify the shield damage? Is it Damage value + Shield Damage modifier value = total shield damage? Or does it involve multiplication? Or does it work some other way?

EDIT: Also, the information you gave me here isn't even correct. The Shield Damage modifier is next to the Base Knockback, not the Knockback Growth.

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
Is there a requierement for when you hit with your hitbox? Like say, "do X graphic effect if the attack connects"

Also, is there a requirement for being hit?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Top Bottom