• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

Qarano

Smash Cadet
ok, what about walljumping? because that would be great to have (although not necessary)

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
You'd also have to make your own crawling animation for him, but yeah, if you coded it yourself, it should work.
EDIT: Same for walljumping. Wait, can't Link already walljump?

Qarano

Smash Cadet
You'd also have to make your own crawling animation for him, but yeah, if you coded it yourself, it should work.
EDIT: Same for walljumping. Wait, can't Link already walljump?
He can? well that makes my life easier. I'll ask how to code them in the PSA thread, unless someone feels like telling me here. Feel free to lock, I got what I needed.

Edit: It appears he cannot, but toon link can. So I'll need to code that in as well

Evilagram

Smash Journeyman
I believe all characters have the walljumping animation as part of their walltech. If you could somehow enable that as a regular walljump, you should be set.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I believe all characters have the walljumping animation as part of their walltech. If you could somehow enable that as a regular walljump, you should be set.
I thought only characters that could walljump could tech-walljump... wait, no, you're right. Now that I think about it, I believe I've seen Peach tech-walljump once or twice.

ds22

Smash Lord
I asked the same question about Clawling a few days ago.
Never got a really clear answer about it do.
As for the Walljump thing, it's easy to give a character Walljump.
Eldiran made his Link PSA (Zero) Walljump (and Wallslide).

Qarano

Smash Cadet
Also, is there a way to make it so the final smash automatically kills all of his opponents, and also counts a self destruct? You know, for the kamikaze ninjitsu.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Also, is there a way to make it so the final smash automatically kills all of his opponents, and also counts a self destruct? You know, for the kamikaze ninjitsu.
Use Change Action, but I can't remember what action Death is. Also, to kill all opponents (which, even with a self-destruct, is incredibly broken), just use a massive hitbox with a lot of damage, high BKB, and high KBG.

Qarano

Smash Cadet
Use Change Action, but I can't remember what action Death is. Also, to kill all opponents (which, even with a self-destruct, is incredibly broken), just use a massive hitbox with a lot of damage, high BKB, and high KBG.
Thankyou very much. I guess to fix it I'll make it have a flash for a few frames, during which you can shield or dodge to live.

edit: any way to get rid of link's "skirt"? and also do something with the hat? the hat can stay if necessary, but the skirt is just not very ninja like...

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
You *may* not have to make a new animation from scratch for crawling. I know if I wanted to do something like this with G&W, I would use part of or all of his Carry Box Animation to replicate crawling. It probably doesnt help you much, as Link's animation isnt the best to simulate crawling, but looking through all of his interactions you may be able to find something workable. Also, wall teching is an easy way to make someone wall jump, but I was beaten to it.

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Guys, I'm going to merge this topic into the Project SA Q&A, mainly because I don't want to lock this (the announcement UNDER "New Topic" exists FOR a reason though...) and this information could also be found in the Q&A. Alright with you guys?

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Seems reasonable Bionic.

Also, I was gonna edit my post but as there were some replies I'll just make a new short one.

Going on my suggestion above, you may be able to salvage some workable animation from Link's ledge get up animations. I don't have them memorized, sorry, but I know some could pass for crawling. Even a rolling getup could be slowed down and workable if you want the character's crawling to be somersaults lol.

Captain Kwark

Smash Apprentice
How can you replace Wolf's article 1 (the ammo from his gun) with a item like the crate or a coin?

codfish92

Smash Ace
Denver Colorado: wishing it was never summer.
i'm having trouble keeping momentum with certain attacks. i'm trying to get a glide attack to be the dash attack. i got that that to work, but when you dash attack(which is replaced with glide attack) the character just stops(they still do the attack though). anyone know of a way to get them to keep moving?

i'm editing Charizard btw, if that helps

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
I'm working on a better this. The guy said "This is coming in better quality shortly" 4 months ago.

I'm using event 11001000, the first "Graphic Effect" to create each graphic. Most graphics just play an animation and that's the end of it but a few of them loop forever. What's the event that tells them to stop?

Looping Graphic Effects:
14 15 32 3E 42 43 45 47 48 4A 4B 53 55 58 5B 5E 60 62 63 6B 6C 70 73 75 76 78 82 83 84

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
Question... I'm trying to give Wario Bowser's (koopa's) moveset, but the specials don't work right. They go into T-stance but some go into other poses and just stop moving.
The FitMotionEtc.pac stuff is done as far as I know, but There's more to do inside the normal .pac... I need to know what to change in the .pac. I've looked at other more successful moveset swaps like Shadow Beast and Manchu as a reference on what to do. I went into Bowser's .pac file typed all the different specials info and sub-actions except the GFX and SFX cause they'd be different any way in note pad and I changed the specials and subactions in Wario's.pac but... Side B and Neutral B attempt to work but Wario either starts flopping on his belly like magicarp or stands there blowing non existing fire infinitely until I'm hit. Up B T-stances and floats up while Down B just T-stances. I'm just wondering how I can get the specials to work correctly, any kind of info would be appreciated. I'm thinking about just emptying the specials and making my own, but I'd like to know how to swap movesets completely for later reference.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Question... I'm trying to give Wario Bowser's (koopa's) moveset, but the specials don't work right. They go into T-stance but some go into other poses and just stop moving.
The FitMotionEtc.pac stuff is done as far as I know, but There's more to do inside the normal .pac... I need to know what to change in the .pac. I've looked at other more successful moveset swaps like Shadow Beast and Manchu as a reference on what to do. I went into Bowser's .pac file typed all the different specials info and sub-actions except the GFX and SFX cause they'd be different any way in note pad and I changed the specials and subactions in Wario's.pac but... Side B and Neutral B attempt to work but Wario either starts flopping on his belly like magicarp or stands there blowing non existing fire infinitely until I'm hit. Up B T-stances and floats up while Down B just T-stances. I'm just wondering how I can get the specials to work correctly, any kind of info would be appreciated. I'm thinking about just emptying the specials and making my own, but I'd like to know how to swap movesets completely for later reference.
You need to make sure the animation names match up. Most characters use unique naming schemes for their special moves; for example, one might be "SpecialSStart, SpecialSHold, SpecialSEnd" and the other could be plain "SpecialS".

EDIT: @AMKalmar: I know your post is a little old, but since I would love to see a better visual dictionary... there are currently two known ways to make permanent effects go away.

The easier method is to use "External Graphic Effect" and set the Boolean to True -- this will cause the effect to end at the end of the subaction.

The harder method is to use the "Sword Glow" event to create the graphic.

Code:
Sword Glow
11031400:
1st Parameter: trail to use
2nd Parameter: (Value) duration/length of trail
Parameter 2, 6, and 12: (Value) Bone
Parameter 3, 4, 5: 1st point glow trail offsets
Parameter 7, 8, 9: 2nd point glow trail offsets
Parameter 13: Forward offset of glow
Parameter 14: Sidewise offset of glow
Parameter 15: Z offset of glow
Parameter 16: rotate on forward axis
Parameter 17: rotate on sideward axis
Parameter 18: rotate on Z axis?
Boolean Parameter: Disappear at end of subaction
Last Parameter: (Scalar) size of effect.
And then you use this to end the graphic:

Terminate Sword Glow
11050100:
0-1

This is how the PSA hitbox visualizations were/are made.

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
You need to make sure the animation names match up. Most characters use unique naming schemes for their special moves; for example, one might be "SpecialSStart, SpecialSHold, SpecialSEnd" and the other could be plain "SpecialS".
Thanks for the reply:). I did rename all the Special animation names in Wario's .pac to Bowser's, and I Changed the information in Specials and Subactions to bowser's. I might have made a mistake some where while retyping some of the Actions so I'll revise and edit what needs to be editted. Once again, Thanks for the reply.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Christian: No prob. Good luck!

umm, I've been making a Mr.L psa, but whenever I play with him, the game glitches up sometime during the match, I don't know what the problem is, and I've tried fixing things.

.pac http://www.mediafire.com/?jmijzyywegn

motionfit http://www.mediafire.com/?lmnym20mmtu

any help would be appreciated.
Sorry, but that is incredibly vague. I'd like to help, but without any idea when the glitches occur, there's little to no chance I could find it in your files. You may need to try to replicate the glitch and find exactly (or approximately) what causes it before anyone can help.

AMKalmar

Smash Ace
Thanks Eldiran. Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the selection up or down? As oppose to clicking those up/down buttons over and over...

I found that after clicking an arrow once you can just hold enter. I would still prefer individual buttons. Or better, be able to paste under the current selection.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
Thanks Eldiran. Is there a keyboard shortcut to move the selection up or down? As oppose to clicking those up/down buttons over and over...

I found that after clicking an arrow once you can just hold enter. I would still prefer individual buttons. Or better, be able to paste under the current selection.
You mean in PSA? I don't believe so. I didn't think to press enter though... that's pretty cool. *plays with arrows buttons*

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
@Eldiran: the game glitches up when i use the side smash hi, sometimes just the side, and sometimes low. all his handjabs glitch it, but I can't figure out what's wrong. also, would adding other character's animatioons glitch the character, because I used some of the other character's moves, specifically mario and zako child's.

Eldiran

Smash Lord
@Eldiran: the game glitches up when i use the side smash hi, sometimes just the side, and sometimes low. all his handjabs glitch it, but I can't figure out what's wrong. also, would adding other character's animatioons glitch the character, because I used some of the other character's moves, specifically mario and zako child's.
Well, I have found one problem with his hi and low side smash: under the GFX tab, it says Goto 8160, but there is no 8160. It should say Goto 1F028, which is your Side Smash's graphics offset.

I can't find anything wrong with his jab.

New animations can cause glitches. When and why they do isn't clear to me, but your animations look fine to me in BrawlBox...

(Small note of warning -- you've got a nose problem in his nair animation)

By the way, did you swap any throw/grab animations? I can imagine there's a good chance those would glitch up.

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
Thanks Eldiran! the attacks work fine now, they don't freeze, and now I can continue with his moves. also, how far is a scalar in reference to a character/item/stage like, is a scalar the width of a bobomb?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
How do I remove effect 45? It's the dirt that appears when you get grounded by DK's side B or a pitfall.
If the above two methods don't work, I'm not sure how. I do know that it disappears of its own accord after a very long time.

Thanks Eldiran! the attacks work fine now, they don't freeze, and now I can continue with his moves. also, how far is a scalar in reference to a character/item/stage like, is a scalar the width of a bobomb?
Glad to hear it! If you mean in terms of offset, I'd say 3 or so would be a bobomb. But don't take my word for it -- (*insert reading rainbow here*) the best way to get a hold of the scale is via trial and error with graphic effects.

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
thanks, also, is there a way i can limit a special move's use to x times in the air before you have to land?

humble

Smash Ace
Okay I swapped Peaches motion onto Fox, then changed a bunch of animations using brawlbox. However I have absolutely no idea how to give the animations hitboxes. I want to make a PSA to go with the Fox, however I have no idea how to use PSA. Could anyone help me learn, or, failing that, just match up attacks with the animations on this file?
http://www.mediafire.com/?3z1fwknzyfh

RocketSlug

Smash Rookie
@humble: You'll have to generate an offensive hitbox and attach it to a bone that you wanna give a hitbox to. In the generate hitbox event there are parameters for size, offsets, and more that you can fiddle with.

As for my question, what is the way to best emulate Link/Toon Link's second hit of the fsmash? First thing that came to my head was in the fsmash subaction, setting an "If Button Press, go to the subaction of the second hit" after a certain point in the animation. Is there an easier way?

Eldiran

Smash Lord
As for my question, what is the way to best emulate Link/Toon Link's second hit of the fsmash? First thing that came to my head was in the fsmash subaction, setting an "If Button Press, go to the subaction of the second hit" after a certain point in the animation. Is there an easier way?
You'll want it to be "If Button Pressed" because Ifs only check at that very moment. Alternately, you could loop the If multiple times on multiple frames.

But no, that's the easiest way.

Uncle0wnage

Smash Cadet
HELP!!!! I saved one psa to my sd card, and now my wii won't read any psas! the textures still work, but all of the .pac files don't, I don't know how to fix it!! :confused::(:(:urg:

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
Is there a list of animations somewhere? If someone could point me towards it, I would appreciate it. I can't find it, and I DID use the search function, the page kept giving me a completely white display -_-

Prawn

Smash Master
how do we go about editing animations?

I'm really lost on this front lol

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
For a while, I have wanted to create a Shoop da Whoop moveset using Kirby's B animation. First of all, would it even be possible for me to give that animation the Zero Laser (probably using BrawlBox), and second of all, I can't view Samus' moves in PSA. I know its possible, as I've seen Samus PSAs. Is this some kind of bug with the version I have, or am I doing something wrong? (I can open and view every other character's moves)

God of Humility

Smash Journeyman
For a while, I have wanted to create a Shoop da Whoop moveset using Kirby's B animation. First of all, would it even be possible for me to give that animation the Zero Laser (probably using BrawlBox), and second of all, I can't view Samus' moves in PSA. I know its possible, as I've seen Samus PSAs. Is this some kind of bug with the version I have, or am I doing something wrong? (I can open and view every other character's moves)
I have heard nothin about Samus not working. Try redownloading the pac.

Top Bottom