• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project SA Q&A

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
good question. spiking makes the opponent shoot downward, but doesn't freezing make you go upward? maybe that can be changed. it would be too cheap if we can do it though. >:D
You could change the trajectory of the attack. So, I think that, with freeaing, the opponent could go down. However, the knockback would have to be changed in order to stop that move incredibly insane.

Any other thoughts?

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
but it's supposed to be incredibly insane! thats the point! oh well. i'll go ahead and give R.O.B a freezing karate chop spike anyway
But for character balance, Knockback must be lowered so that the opponent must have SOME chance of coming back to the stage. am I right?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
Im so making a "Hyper Smash Bros Brawl"

I have a good knowledge of how the program scripting works (from screenshots) it looks similar to the coding done in Game maker.

With that said, I wanna straighten out the elemental things.

1) Since its possible to edit current hitboxes so that they have elemental effects, would it be possible to (This is an idea for sheik) to take a thunder effect (if theres any) and have it stream around her fist (like the fire streams on Pheonix Mario's feet when he runs or when he does his up-B) using her sword dash-attack?

2) (For marth now) would it be possible to take lucas's pk-freeze (an uncharged one) and attach it to his dair. (like pheonix mario's fair but the ice will trail on marth's swing)

sorry if these questions are obvious, i just want a clear up.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
good question. spiking makes the opponent shoot downward, but doesn't freezing make you go upward? maybe that can be changed. it would be too cheap if we can do it though. >:D
Freezing + a meteor attack = LOL.

Check this video out and watch where Snake's fair sends them when it freezes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhfB4TKzEs

Note that I used the hitbox property mod code for this.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i like the idea of a freezing fair. changing the trajectory of freezing would probably require editing the freezing effect itself. to even it out the freezing would need to be very brief... so you send them down, but it doesn't last very long... i want to test this out (sopo moveset ftw). i think it could be an interesting idea... so long as it isn't broken as ****.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
i like the idea of a freezing fair. changing the trajectory of freezing would probably require editing the freezing effect itself. to even it out the freezing would need to be very brief... so you send them down, but it doesn't last very long... i want to test this out (sopo moveset ftw). i think it could be an interesting idea... so long as it isn't broken as ****.
lol I have an idea, when this projectSA thing comes out, i want to make my own (for fun) version of brawl.

Marth would be like Jin from Balzblue
Ike, something like Ragna or Sol-badguy.
Sheik would be more Naruto-ninja based. (she must have chidori by the end of brawl's lifetime)

So yea, I wont make Marth's dair spike hard (think IC's current downB for length of freeze time. ) and his spike would be like fox's dair (weak as ****)

Plus it'd be cool if everytime marth swung his sword icy-wind comes out.

And since this project that I have in my head is definatley gonna have some over-the-top attacks I would like to test weight and fall/jumping speed.

dabridge

Smash Journeyman
Im so making a "Hyper Smash Bros Brawl"

I have a good knowledge of how the program scripting works (from screenshots) it looks similar to the coding done in Game maker.

With that said, I wanna straighten out the elemental things.

1) Since its possible to edit current hitboxes so that they have elemental effects, would it be possible to (This is an idea for sheik) to take a thunder effect (if theres any) and have it stream around her fist (like the fire streams on Pheonix Mario's feet when he runs or when he does his up-B) using her sword dash-attack?

2) (For marth now) would it be possible to take lucas's pk-freeze (an uncharged one) and attach it to his dair. (like pheonix mario's fair but the ice will trail on marth's swing)

sorry if these questions are obvious, i just want a clear up.
How long have you been using Game Maker? imo it looks nothing like it, and I doubt it's anything like it either.

Yingyay

Smash Ace
How long have you been using Game Maker? imo it looks nothing like it, and I doubt it's anything like it either.
I was talking about scripting. Not the lil drag and drop thingies lol (meaning the script to create actions and whatnot)

Freezing + a meteor attack = LOL.

Check this video out and watch where Snake's fair sends them when it freezes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhfB4TKzEs

Note that I used the hitbox property mod code for this.
Beast mode! lol!! Ok. Better Idea. Extend the hitboxes of marth's dair, oo knockback and let the freeze take care of everything.......or no arctic dair lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
i have an idea, give sopo a spike, but make his smash b similar to G&W's judgement, just that it only freezes.
so....

Sopo:
Neutral B ~ Ice Block
Side B ~ Frost Hammer (Fsmash/Fair animation)
Down B ~ Blizzard (decrease end lag)
Up B ~ Frozen Wind (squirtle's up b with ice/wind effects. last hit freezes. regular sopo up b animation)

Yingyay

Smash Ace
i have an idea, give sopo a spike, but make his smash b similar to G&W's judgement, just that it only freezes.
so....

Sopo:
Neutral B ~ Ice Block
Side B ~ Frost Hammer (Fsmash/Fair animation)
Down B ~ Blizzard (decrease end lag)
Up B ~ Frozen Wind (squirtle's up b with ice/wind effects. last hit freezes. regular sopo up b animation)
I wonder if theres a way to make Popo a solo character?

neutral B- Ice block or freezie
side B - I like it
down B - Blizzard but it pushes back? if the endlag is decreased it might be a tad bit broken
up B - Dair Rocket? It sends him up but puts him in...........immobile state? if thats what its called?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
I wonder if theres a way to make Popo a solo character?

neutral B- Ice block or freezie
side B - I like it
down B - Blizzard but it pushes back? if the endlag is decreased it might be a tad bit broken
up B - Dair Rocket? It sends him up but puts him in...........immobile state? if thats what its called?
i know with the Giga and Friends code you can play as either popo or nana (alone).

neutral b ~ freezie doesn't freeze on impact though.
Down b ~ maybe leave it how it is now and just give it wind?
up b ~ are you asking to clarify or offering an alternative? if its an alternative then would it only send him straight up, or work like fox/falco's up b?

Yingyay

Smash Ace
i know with the Giga and Friends code you can play as either popo or nana (alone). SWEET!!!

neutral b ~ freezie doesn't freeze on impact though.
Down b ~ maybe leave it how it is now and just give it wind?
up b ~ are you asking to clarify or offering an alternative? if its an alternative then would it only send him straight up, or work like fox/falco's up b?
Neutral B = darn lol
down B = left how it is would probably make popo open to attacks when its finished. I was thinking more along the lines on how it used to be except a little more knockback (bkb)
up-b = I was offering alternatives lol. I was thinking straight up (diddy without moving and zelda after her up-b)

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Neutral B = darn lol
down B = left how it is would probably make popo open to attacks when its finished. I was thinking more along the lines on how it used to be except a little more knockback (bkb)
up-b = I was offering alternatives lol. I was thinking straight up (diddy without moving and zelda after her up-b)
neutral b ~ i do know in B+ they made it so their ice blocks start freezing around 90%. its possible to set the freeze to a lower %.
down b ~ what about taking what they did in B+ (have it suction in) but then have less end lag. you would need to buffer an attack out of it, but it would also be able to set up for more stuff.
up b ~ i figured squirtle's up would be more versatile. and now that i think about it, maybe make the hits during the moving part have ice animation and have the last hit only start freezing around 100-120%.

cookieM0Nster

Smash Champion
I'm gonnna make a Human Torch as Captain Falcon. I am going to need a good texture (found one, but I'll need to find it, i forgot the download -.- ), and then I will make his hitboxes better, and then it will be amazing :)

Up B = Same, except hitboxes all over him. Mainly below him (fire effects), so that it will look like he will be flying up because of fire .
Side B = same
Down B = idk, to be added
the rest: stuf :p

Plasmakirby1

Smash Journeyman
Dedede

B- inhale, but when spitting them out, it freezes them, and shoots them father away
>B- slide. dash attack animation, but he slides really far, and it does ice damage
vB- Ice Spin- vsmash animation. he spins twice, creating a small, ice whirlwind
^B- ^air animation 3 times. an ice pillar shoots him upward, while he spins his hammer at enemies from above

just a quick moveset

Yingyay

Smash Ace
I'm gonnna make a Human Torch as Captain Falcon. I am going to need a good texture (found one, but I'll need to find it, i forgot the download -.- ), and then I will make his hitboxes better, and then it will be amazing :)

Up B = Same, except hitboxes all over him. Mainly below him (fire effects), so that it will look like he will be flying up because of fire .
Side B = same
Down B = idk, to be added
the rest: stuf :p
Look for the cinder texture on stack-smash. Thats as close to human torch as you're gonna get. Its pretty cool too. (if you know your killer instinct)

when this turn from a Q&A to Make Your Move 7.0?
Since my question got turned into one lol. But yea, I just wanted to know if the stuff above was possible

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089

Yingyay

Smash Ace
neutral b ~ i do know in B+ they made it so their ice blocks start freezing around 90%. its possible to set the freeze to a lower %.
down b ~ what about taking what they did in B+ (have it suction in) but then have less end lag. you would need to buffer an attack out of it, but it would also be able to set up for more stuff.
up b ~ i figured squirtle's up would be more versatile. and now that i think about it, maybe make the hits during the moving part have ice animation and have the last hit only start freezing around 100-120%.
The thing with the down-b is the animation. Popo doesnt have a angled attack of animation (that I know of) that would look right. I'll check out some animations tonight.

@plasmakirby: lol wut about earth based attacks? then again, theres a chill penguin texture for ddd so it makes tooo much sense to give him ice....arctic attacks lol

Yes.

BTW, freezing fair is too broken. It it actually very hard to escape despite the fact that I didn't increase the damage, knockback, or angle of the move.

Once the percentage passes 45%, you won't get out of the Ice in time and you'll get KO'd.
**** lol ice = sakurai
Ok forget the freezing "A" attacks. Just an ice gfx but no freezing

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
Yes.

BTW, freezing fair is too broken. It it actually very hard to escape despite the fact that I didn't increase the damage, knockback, or angle of the move.

Once the percentage passes 45%, you won't get out of the Ice in time and you'll get KO'd.
thats why i thought letting him keep his regular fair spike and giving the freeze effect to his side b (like G&W's hammer, but only freezes).

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
It would have to be a soft spike tho. Like pheonix mario's >=D
**** lol ice = sakurai
Ok forget the freezing "A" attacks. Just an ice gfx but no freezing
yes, and yes. freezing gfx on fair would be pretty cool actually.

and i'm not fully understanding what you mean for down b. i was just thinking a regular IC blizzard, but it seems like you have a slightly different idea.

Sukai

Smash Champion
So we're nerding out with our plans now, huh?
Count me in!

Roy!!
Confirmed changes
Dash Attack: Running stab (refer to Link's dash attack in 64)
DED: slower and different sword strikes.
Forward Smash: Two handed overhead slash
Blazer: Same as Melee (hopefully a multihitter)
Up tilt: Refer to Melee Roy's third up strike of the DED--without the spike. 45º knockback angle, 90º centered.
Down Smash: Quick 180 swipe across the ground, caused tripping when tipped.
Neutral Air: slower and angled differently.
Flare Blade: Refer to Melee, Full Charge will KO instantaneously.
More on this later.

The real Brawl Falcon
Confirmed changes
Back Air: now a swipe kick that turns him around.
Reverse F. Punch: Strict horizontal knockback
Falcon Punch: Two hits, increased shield stun.
Raptor Boost: Now a flip kick on connection
Falcon kick bounces him off of opponent on connection (refer to Falcon kick on a wall).
More on this too.

Planned Characters

Krystal
Melee Ganon
Revamped Doctor Mario
Revamped Marth
Young Link

Yingyay

Smash Ace
yes, and yes. freezing gfx on fair would be pretty cool actually.

and i'm not fully understanding what you mean for down b. i was just thinking a regular IC blizzard, but it seems like you have a slightly different idea.
I meant that instead of the blizard pulling people in, it pushes them away.

So we're nerding out with our plans now, huh?
Count me in!

Roy!!
Confirmed changes
Dash Attack: Running stab (refer to Link's dash attack in 64)
DED: slower and different sword strikes.
Forward Smash: Two handed overhead slash
Blazer: Same as Melee (hopefully a multihitter)
Up tilt: Refer to Melee Roy's third up strike of the DED--without the spike. 45º knockback angle, 90º centered.
Down Smash: Quick 180 swipe across the ground, caused tripping when tipped.
Neutral Air: slower and angled differently.
Flare Blade: Refer to Melee, Full Charge will KO instantaneously.
More on this later.
As soon as the clone and model hack/emgine comes out. I 1000% down for Roy

Top Bottom