• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
More Moveset Ideas for the Smash Attacks and Taunts. Some Reflect the Assist Trophy.

Side Smash: Tennis Racket swing, is constant and has a percentage higher than peach's tennis racket because of the height and distance travelled in the swing.

Down Smash: Multiple Stomp. It's basically the same as The Assist Trophy, But instead of burying the opponent into the ground, it's just a high speed barraging attack.

Up Smash: Captain Falcon Hurricane Kick. I think it fits quite well. But to completely immitate the stance completely would be ludicrous. Waluigi should be moreso on an angle parallel to the screen like Lucario's Up A.

Taunt Up: Waluigi Chop (simply because no one can forget about the soccer games or DX)

Taunt Down: Waluigi Fist Pump. He faces the screen and pumps his fist and cheers his name.

Taunt Side: Laugh it Off. The Contrast to Luigi's play punt taunt. To take damage and not flinch would be beneficial. But I think Waluigi should have his arms on his hips to indicate a superman and invulnerable complex.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I think waluigi's fist pump taunt is awesome! He sould say something like........."Waluigi Time!" Most sound effects should be from mario power tennis or mario kart wii

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Oh and about getting him his own spot on the character selection screen we could always just get him on a character and replace that spot with Waluigi by editing the characters icon.

___
Yes waluigi's best quotes are in Double Dash, but they question is, is it possible to get them as sound effects? I'd say no, because wouldn't you need an ISO or something?

Linkshot

Smash Hero
If you play a Victory Theme at the same time as another custom song, it glitches out and gets staticky.
The Wii apparently can't read two sound files from the SD Card at once.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Yeah that's actually a pretty good idea, XypherMaverix. Maybe we could just make a brstm from a song from youtube or something by using mediaconverter.org to convert it to an mp3 and then use the brstm converter to make it a brstm and put it in game over Mario's victory theme so it replaces the alloy's. The only problem is that you would hear that same victory theme for Bowser, Luigi, and Peach.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that's actually a pretty good idea, XypherMaverix. Maybe we could just make a brstm from a song from youtube or something by using mediaconverter.org to convert it to an mp3 and then use the brstm converter to make it a brstm and put it in game over Mario's victory theme so it replaces the alloy's. The only problem is that you would hear that same victory theme for Bowser, Luigi, and Peach.
We're at the point where we dont need the alloys anymore, but to replace a character to eliminate the problem of not being able to program B moves or Grabs.

We're reaching a point in which we decide who we place it over. As far as we havent heard from ChiboSenpai in regards to our suggestions, we still have come down to the conclusion that perhaps Pikmin and Olimar would be replaced, being that Waluigi's model numbers are closest to Olimar, and the subtraction of the pikmin. It's been done with a model swap with Mario and Olimar. So hopefully we can actually replace the model with waluigi's.

But yes, if we do manage to replace Olimar (being decided ofcourse), I wouldnt be too concerned about the other mushroom kingdom characters Unless ofcourse if Chibo wants to continue the idea of sharing him with Luigi.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
We're at the point where we dont need the alloys anymore, but to replace a character to eliminate the problem of not being able to program B moves or Grabs.

We're reaching a point in which we decide who we place it over. As far as we havent heard from ChiboSenpai in regards to our suggestions, we still have come down to the conclusion that perhaps Pikmin and Olimar would be replaced, being that Waluigi's model numbers are closest to Olimar, and the subtraction of the pikmin. It's been done with a model swap with Mario and Olimar. So hopefully we can actually replace the model with waluigi's.

But yes, if we do manage to replace Olimar (being decided ofcourse), I wouldnt be too concerned about the other mushroom kingdom characters Unless ofcourse if Chibo wants to continue the idea of sharing him with Luigi.
I do think Olimar is a really good character for Waluigi to replace, even though I like him a lot he would be good for many things. But if so we would need to take away the pikmin, because even if we change the animation then of course the pikmin will still come out so we have to change the data somehow id say...

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
I do think Olimar is a really good character for Waluigi to replace, even though I like him a lot he would be good for many things. But if so we would need to take away the pikmin, because even if we change the animation then of course the pikmin will still come out so we have to change the data somehow id say...
Scale their animations to zero, then remove them from the PSA.

It's sloppy, but it's safe and efficient. :bee:

Gamer_Mason

Smash Apprentice
You know how people make hacks where the character select screen is expanded? It shows Shiek, Zero Suit Samus, and the Three Pokemon individually? Wouldn't you be able to duplicate Olimar, and then replace the duplicate, so that Olimar doesn't actually disappear?

Or does it just not work that way? I don't know what I'm talking about :p

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
oops, forgot about this for a few days. but now that the issue of who to replace Waluigi with is back up again, i'll say that if you do want the custom victory song, Olimar would be the best choice for characters from a single game series, and he shouldn't need any hexing to work right on Olimar. and as Intrepid said, we could get rid of the Pikmin as well. so if it's the common vote then, i'll get Waluigi over Olimar.

XypherMaverix, Bowser Jr is actually over Zelda for a Shadow Mario/Bowser Jr combo. i should know, i got it working myself.

and Gamer_Mason, there are those selection screens with those options, but those are actual characters it's referencing, not one character twice. and it brings up the problem again, that we can only have one PSA to a character, so having Waluigi and Olimar like how you suggested isn't possible, yet.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
We could always make it so you can press R and end up with Waluigi, right? Because I think that already might've been done by Chibo earlier in this thread.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Just finished the new CSPs and stuff, got it flawless on the first try
Here's the new base CSP

I even made a new select icon. This is also convenient for putting with Luigi for how I can write the name so I don't have to squish it in. I might tweak this later, the "WA" looks a little big to me, but waluigi deserves some screen realestate id say lol

Even more! CSPs for all costumes are ready!

such as...

Right now it's just Waluigi's default costume for everything. When we choose which official costumes we will use it will be updated accordingly.

But hey, what about custom Luigi CSPs? Everyone's gotta have a Mr. L on there!

Here's the post by Chibo on page 53 and this is really cool. Luigi has already been done for this so... do we need to use Olimar? It would be nice if we did but it would take some work to get the CSPs and the character icon set up. and for Luigi it would be easier, as we could also keep the Side- B for the torpedo move and the CSS stuff is already finished.

Snoopy

Smash Journeyman
no. no Luigi. Luigi's TransN bone is 6, and Waluigi's is 2. so to avoid a lot of annoyance, no Luigi. i should have put the list in my last post, but whatever.

here are the characters of choice to replace Waluigi with (bone structure wise).
DK, Lucas, Metaknight, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Toon Link, and Wario.

they all have a TransN of 2, which will enable me to basically replace one of them with almost no extra work. Olimar and Yoshi both have TransN's of 1, it might cause issues later, but i'm not sure it would. Ice Climbers also have a TransN of 2, but then we would have to figure out how to get rid of Nana. Sheik also has a TransN of 2, but then you would have to figure out a different character to go over Zelda, because transforming from Zelda to Waluigi would be kind of weird, unless you want the BrawlintheFamily joke of 'were you expecting Sheik? too bad, Waluigi Time!'

and besides, CSP's take like 15 minutes to do.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
no. no Luigi. Luigi's TransN bone is 6, and Waluigi's is 2. so to avoid a lot of annoyance, no Luigi. i should have put the list in my last post, but whatever.

here are the characters of choice to replace Waluigi with (bone structure wise).
DK, Lucas, Metaknight, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Samus, Toon Link, and Wario.

they all have a TransN of 2, which will enable me to basically replace one of them with almost no extra work. Olimar and Yoshi both have TransN's of 1, it might cause issues later, but i'm not sure it would. Ice Climbers also have a TransN of 2, but then we would have to figure out how to get rid of Nana. Sheik also has a TransN of 2, but then you would have to figure out a different character to go over Zelda, because transforming from Zelda to Waluigi would be kind of weird, unless you want the BrawlintheFamily joke of 'were you expecting Sheik? too bad, Waluigi Time!'

and besides, CSP's take like 15 minutes to do.
That and with that ideal, No one can play the reason we wanted Waluigi IN this game...

LUIGI VS WALUIGI

Olimar happens to be a useless character with shoddily done gameplay from an Old GCN game only a few of us remember, and probably all of us never bought. I mean it would sound critical to say because of the Ice Climbers, Kid Icarus and Earthbound Franchises, but they are actually decent nostalgic revamps.

Metaknight we need to have in the game, his moveset may not be the best as it should be, but the Kirby Franchise needs him there. As the Mario Franchise needs Yoshi and DK, and Pikachu is the Icon of pokemon, so should be kept. And for replacing Jigglypuff, Fat chance, that's chibo's main.

Toon Link? That's a sheer clone character, and We only need One Link in the game don't we? and the TransN's fit perfectly Though it would Impact the Hyrule Characters Victory THeme...

The Pikmin as said before shouldn't be too hard to remove from the game, but as snoopy said, the transition from 2 TransN's over a 1 TransN character could cause some potential glitches and issues.

InTrepidCognito

Smash Ace
Is that the way you've been doing your Bowser Jr Project?
Bowser Jr. is over Zelda...

ALSO

There should NEVER be arguments for who a char should go over because of franchise favoritism.

1. Pikmin 1 & 2 are two of the most highly critically acclaimed games on the GC

2. There has long since been a code to give specific victory themes to different characters.

3. EARTHBOUND? HALF-DECENT? You *******...

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Bowser Jr. is over Zelda...

1. Pikmin 1 & 2 are two of the most highly critically acclaimed games on the GC

2. There has long since been a code to give specific victory themes to different characters.

3. EARTHBOUND? HALF-DECENT? You *******...
1. Well first off, where I'm from, It didnt sell that well, and I played a demo myself, and I didnt really find the gameplay at all that interesting or fun. Acclaimed or not this is opinion based and from the statistics I've seen. As for Earthbound, I wasn't insulting franchise at all, by all means, it was an example of some S.N.E.S Nostalgia. Alot of people probably havent played the games, hence don't know the full specific background of the characters in general, aside from the fact that it was just a standard rpg game. I apologise to you Cognito because you obviously have taken this to heart on an unintentional basis, as well as the Earthbound Fans.

2. Now that the big part of my response is gone, If the code for specific victory themes to individual character slots is available,, thats great, this could mean that toon link can be replaced which will ultimately be easier to do due to TransN's issue with Olimar... Unless anyone Screams that they Main him which is kind of sad and annoying because we only really need ONE link for the LoZ series...

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I Have some textures done for waluigi, and im in the middle of making CSP and im going to make sounds for him. should i put the sounds on luigi because you will soon have to press R on luigi to play as waluigi. (thats what i have read) But how are we going to workout the sounds to be on waluigi, without making luigi have waluigi's sounds? If i dont find out soon, i will just put the sounds on the red alloy for now, and keep waluigi on red alloy and not luigi.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
yeah I'm experimenting with brawlbox myself at the moment, and researching alot abotu PSA, so I'm placing him over toon link.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I'm never going to place waluigi over Toon Link. Gamedan85 and I are making a PSA for him. Toon Link is one of my favorites, so I'm probably going to place him over somebody I dont use much or dont like. For Example: Olimar, Dedede or Pit. (no offence to the people who like those characters) There not so great.
And when we where talking about waluigi's win song, would it really replace the whole mario gang song? If it does, I'm thinking we do something that fits Mario, Peach, Bowser and Luigi. Might be a little hard though. I suggest a song from a game that they are all in like one of the mario kart games or mario tennis.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I'm never going to place waluigi over Toon Link. Gamedan85 and I are making a PSA for him. Toon Link is one of my favorites, so I'm probably going to place him over somebody I dont use much or dont like. For Example: Olimar, Dedede or Pit. (no offence to the people who like those characters) There not so great.
And when we where talking about waluigi's win song, would it really replace the whole mario gang song? If it does, I'm thinking we do something that fits Mario, Peach, Bowser and Luigi. Might be a little hard though. I suggest a song from a game that they are all in like one of the mario kart games or mario tennis.
Toon link IS a clone character though, that's just what I'm doing, maybe we could both keep working on our seperate projects, then collaborate so at least people have a choice between the TransN 2's

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Yes, we could always use Link instead of Toon Link. It's not a big change in moveset, really. I'd go for Toon Link since hes a clone character thats not needed. Even though Toon Link is my main, I'd go for it.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
Ok all right I will go for it, but his win song will replace the Zelda crew win song. Unless we hack a separate song somehow. I have a sound of the narrator guy saying WALUIGI! It's a little screwed up, but I will fix it. (I took the Wa from WArio, and the LUIGI from.....well LUIGI!!! )

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I'm Not going to be able to make hacks for a long time, because I lost my SD card. And yes, I know it sucks for me. It's too bad because i had a lot of waluigi textures saved on it. One of them where A mummy waluigi.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I'll help make some waluigi textures. I don't know if they'll be good, but...
I've already made six textures, one green, red, blue, yellow, and black, Will post a mediafire link soon, studying this weekend

Problem is, I'm having difficulty actually testing my Menu's so far because I don't know how to put my stuff from brawlbox to actually transfer to the wii itself through gecko os. Can someone perhaps Add my hotmail and give me step by steps? I know you have to transfer them to GCT codes to be played through the OS system

Problem? I dont know how to do it, and the wackaalpacka tutorials didnt give me what i needed, alot of the download links in his tutorials are faulty and dont have all the files the tutorials promise.

Top Bottom