• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project WALUIGI - v0.04 - New Version In The Works

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
Yeah I know. Me and gamedan where making a PSA for toon link. I'm porting waluigi over Pit! its perfect! Has its own win theme, own icon and I will add sounds! And i just noticed that we could take sounds from the actual game! but not enough sounds. we could put those sounds on the attacks that the assist trophy uses.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
As u no, my SD card is lost so i cant download. can u put a picture of ur hacks on smashboards?
Dude all you need to do is extract the file and the pictures are there, just save it to your documents or something, then test it in brawlbox,

also I put in the CSP Icons for the CSP's in the new winrar archive I uploaded (On my Previous Post, just new URL)

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I got ur hacks. they are great! Your stock Icons are so realistic. about ur textures, i wold do like, one wario costume, one mario costume, one luigi costume, one blue like mario's red and blue costume and one fire waluigi. I like ur black and white though. For the icon on the CSS, I think we should have the pic of waluigi like this
http://reich-chemistry.wikispaces.c...a.PNG.png/106243153/250px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG.png . Not like this http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist14/assist14_071214a.jpg the little icon with the name above it and the blue background can be that like XypherMaverix did. Good job on ur hacks dude!

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I got ur hacks. they are great! Your stock Icons are so realistic. about ur textures, i wold do like, one wario costume, one mario costume, one luigi costume, one blue like mario's red and blue costume and one fire waluigi. I like ur black and white though. For the icon on the CSS, I think we should have the pic of waluigi like this
http://reich-chemistry.wikispaces.c...a.PNG.png/106243153/250px-WaluigiMP8a.PNG.png . Not like this http://www.smashbros.com/en_uk/items/assist/images/assist14/assist14_071214a.jpg the little icon with the name above it and the blue background can be that like XypherMaverix did. Good job on ur hacks dude!
I was going for the general brawl oriented art. that's why my icons work so well. if it were a completely new character that wasnt even an assist trophy, i would have used that, but i'm sticking to the finer brawl touch on this one.

And the colors I'm sticking with because wario didnt necessarily have any crazy costumes, just generic colors, and one semi mario costume. that was it. besides, creating things like mario and luigi and wario textures of waluigi are hard to do, ive also tried doing fire waluigi and MR L (waluigi style) and it didnt work. So I'm sticking to my textures and icons.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
I did a Mr Γ. It came out pretty good. when i find my SD card, i will upload it here. And i'm talking about wario in general. (purple n yeller) like the texture that chibo made

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
I still think giving Waluigi his own custom colors makes him more of an official look. Also it makes him look moreso of an individual.

there are those of similarities also. Where Luigi has blue overalls in his regular attire, and in his orange/blue attire. There is a similarity in the color schemes of the overalls in the regular, the blue, and the black in the Outfits. It's keeping a consistency through the attire based on Luigi's pattern. Plus a few colors i thought would do nicely such as green, yellow and red. I wouldn't rely fully on costumes for brawl at this point but post your textures and I'll test them for myself,

also i wanna see progress on anyones PSA's or Motion packs, Collaboration can only do good in a project like this. I'll post what I have of motion packs, though It's over toon link and not all animations are done.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zeyiwtzhzmw

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
Kk i c wut u mean. I will post my textures asoon as i find my card. right now im trying to hack on my backup card, wich runs on riivolution for now. However, I did not make a PSA for him yet. Gamedan85 is working on that. We are working togeather on our version of waluigi over pit. u will have to use riivolution for the sounds, PSA, CSS ect. NOT hombrew (sorry). when our version is good enough to post, (might take a couple of months) we will let u know.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Yes. We will let you know. Though I don't think it will take many months.

Oh and Waluigiman, why don't you just upload your textures to Mediafire and give us the download link to the texture?

Im gonna get Project Smash Attack right now because I just got my own computer so I can download Project Smash Attack now. (Trust me I know how to use it too)

EDIT- Oh wait I can't download it because it's a rar file. I can't get WinRAR.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
Oh wait never mind I got it to work. I picked the wrong download since theres 32 bit and 84 bit
Though I still got an error when opening Project Smash Attack. It says
"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)."
How can I fix this and open PSA? Because I might not be able to make such a good Waluigi without this.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
What pc version do you use? I'm using vista, and PSA works fine for me (just dont know how to use it) Here's the download of mine. See if it works

http://www.mediafire.com/?jzzmmj0mfdw

I tried your download it's the same thing that I got. I use Windows Home Edition. I just don't understand why it isn't working for me.
My homebrew channel died too from the Wii System Update to 4.3. I needed it because my wifi wasnt working and I had some problems with my wii but I still cant use Wifi so I'm going to try and change the Wii System back to 3.0 by configuration.

xxTerminatorxx

Smash Journeyman
How is Waluigi doing? Hopefully this project isn't dead. I haven't been here in some time, because I have been doing other stuff. Chibo, will you ever release the next version?

My homebrew channel died too from the Wii System Update to 4.3. I needed it because my wifi wasnt working and I had some problems with my wii but I still cant use Wifi so I'm going to try and change the Wii System back to 3.0 by configuration.
I know it's off topic, but this is definetely importaint.
Hmmm, don't downgrade, that could brick your Wii. But, it may not matter because the System Update already took care of Homebrew and it may not cause a Brick. Also, those updates do nothing but remove Homebrew if you already have it. Wait until a safer version comes out. Clicky here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278516

Yeah thanks for this warning, does this update do anything else other then screw over hackers?
By Killer Jawz

I would guess not, KillerJawz. Just Nintendo's middle finger at hackers again, same with 4.2
By darksamus77

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
gamedan, i can just giv u my textures in person(gamedan and I r friends, k?) cant upload just yet. my SD card is lost and im so freakin mad cuz i had alot of waluigi textures.

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
gamedan, i can just giv u my textures in person(gamedan and I r friends, k?) cant upload just yet. my SD card is lost and im so freakin mad cuz i had alot of waluigi textures.
Yes you can give me the textures in person. Where do you remember having your SD card last?

How is Waluigi doing? Hopefully this project isn't dead. I haven't been here in some time, because I have been doing other stuff. Chibo, will you ever release the next version?

Chibo needs more animators to make the animations. Since PND left, we haven't really been getting far is what I would estimate, unless Chibo has some animators already.

I know it's off topic, but this is definetely importaint.
Hmmm, don't downgrade, that could brick your Wii. But, it may not matter because the System Update already took care of Homebrew and it may not cause a Brick. Also, those updates do nothing but remove Homebrew if you already have it. Wait until a safer version comes out. Clicky here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=278516

I already accidentally switched to 4.3 so it did get deleted. I'll have to use Riivolution till a safe version comes out like you explained.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
How is Waluigi doing? Hopefully this project isn't dead. I haven't been here in some time, because I have been doing other stuff. Chibo, will you ever release the next version?.
These things take time to make even for shoddy projects. We're aiming to make the WIN Waluigi player for Brawl. Though we don't know where Chibo is now, we still aim to do as much work for the project as we can and run it through him whether it's textures, models, move animations, PSA's whatever.

Using the assist trophy model for the project gw.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
i dont think we can start a new thread off of that, but i can start Toon Alex. he is my imaginative character. He is going to have a psa, but its not done. (he is my profile picture.) Tell me if u guys like the idea.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
hey im new here but anyway

i was hoping that i can help with the Waluigi project

here is some animations i have done (view them in BrawlBox)
http://www.mediafire.com/?roawqjjy2mt

i hope you like them and can i join?
I must say that I'm impressed with your animations Marioking, very inventive with the moustache pull wait idea. The Side B I love how you've done it and is easier to do than my Side B move. Allow me to collaborate our motionpacks with my B move and some other things i have done beforehand. Like the infamous Waluigi Boot.

And explain some of your moves in general detail, By the judging of the Up B falls it sounds entertaining.

On the side note, its good that you've included the blocky quick animation ideas. But for waluigi i think we'd need something a bit more sereberal. More fluent. And dont worry about some of the animations where sometimes the knees seem to bend awkwardly, I have the same problem and am more than happy to fix his knees.

Suffice to say, you're very more than welcome to join

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
nice. im willing to add on to this. does it come with sounds? if it does not, i can make some 4 u. im putting my waluigi on riivolution. not on alloy, over captain falcon for now. can you play with this move set without freezing?

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
I also would be glad to help and create the PSA, but it will be hard because of my computer application error. I could try downloading the animations and using a 4 Gigabyte Flash Drive to shift the applications to another computer so I can use them on the other computer instead. I'll do that now. From a small glance at what everyone is saying, these animations will be fairly good to use.

EDIT- I checked them out and they are really good. I like the wait3 with the moustache pull. Good ideas put to good use.

Marioking64DS

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Marioking64DS
hehe
YAY everyone like them, i had work on them for along time and I'm also seeing that you guys like my Wait3 animation :)

now not to be rude but when do start helping?

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
dude, how long did that take 2 make? I loved the wait 3 and the taunts! You already started helping by making this PSA. You helped us a long way with this. nice job. ;) You might wanna post this on brawl vault.com. its one of the biggest hacking centrals ever. i get a lot of my texture hacks their.
here is the link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php

gamedan85

Smash Cadet
dude, how long did that take 2 make? I loved the wait 3 and the taunts! You already started helping by making this PSA. You helped us a long way with this. nice job. ;) You might wanna post this on brawl vault.com. its one of the biggest hacking centrals ever. i get a lot of my texture hacks their.
here is the link: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php
Yeah it's not brawlvault.com its kcmm(kitty corp meow mix)

Yes, what I really would like to know is not about the time that the animations took to make, but also how you made them.

I know I've already said this but the animations you made are awesome

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
Here it is! my Mr. L texture for Waluigi. its not the best, but its good enough to use.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jimuoeizfjl

Tell me if u think its good. I did make one mistake on the upside L on his hat. I kept it the same only purple cuz i did not want it to look like a 7 on his hat, and I did not edit the gloves to be gray. (Im sorry!) if anyone has any texture ideas, just tell us here.

If you don't want to download, here is some pictures.
file:///G:/DCIM/100MEDIA/SUNP0087.JPG
file:///G:/DCIM/100MEDIA/SUNP0088.JPG
file:///G:/DCIM/100MEDIA/SUNP0089.JPG

This might sound stupid but my computer cant get pictures to come up here so if u cant see them, copy and past this into ur search bar.
I'm sorry for the bad quality.

I do have one question. U know how we can do vertex hacks on mario to make his hat off the whole time? well I know they dont give waluigi hair underneath his hat, can someone make hair for him or take a polygon like for example: take luigi's hair and replace it with waluigi's hat. it might look weird but we can probably make it look better. Is this possible?

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Here it is! my Mr. L texture for Waluigi. its not the best, but its good enough to use.
http://www.mediafire.com/?jimuoeizfjl

Tell me if u think its good. I did make one mistake on the upside L on his hat. I kept it the same only purple cuz i did not want it to look like a 7 on his hat, and I did not edit the gloves to be gray. (Im sorry!) if anyone has any texture ideas, just tell us here.

If you don't want to download, here is some pictures.
file:///G:/DCIM/100MEDIA/SUNP0087.JPG
file:///G:/DCIM/100MEDIA/SUNP0088.JPG
file:///G:/DCIM/100MEDIA/SUNP0089.JPG

This might sound stupid but my computer cant get pictures to come up here so if u cant see them, copy and past this into ur search bar.
I'm sorry for the bad quality.

I do have one question. U know how we can do vertex hacks on mario to make his hat off the whole time? well I know they dont give waluigi hair underneath his hat, can someone make hair for him or take a polygon like for example: take luigi's hair and replace it with waluigi's hat. it might look weird but we can probably make it look better. Is this possible?
First and foremostly,

and now to explain why we cannot view those images you have posted, those are pc document urls. those cant be accessed by anyone's computer except for yours. No matter what searchbar we put them in, we wont find it. Try something like imageshack or tinypic.

For your textures, they don't fit in with any 3D alignment of the game whatsoever and isn't that good. I even made one better than that, but i dismissed that outfit overlooking it. But anyways, back to you. In short...

Gentleman, we found ourselves a n00b

On the other topics. There would already be a Vertex of that somewhere on the Kittycorp Meowmix forums. If not that, it should be very easy to make simply by making the hat invisible.

As for waluigi? We don't know what's under his hat, But i know it wouldnt look anything like luigi's. So I wouldnt recommend taking it off. Alike wario's particular thing with not taking his hat off.

Call it ruthless but hey, I believe in blatant honesty.

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
Yes, Another Epic Failure. I know.I did think the hat was pretty bad, but other than that, I thought was ok.Sorry, I'm very new at this crap. That's why I'm not the greatest. Sorry about the images too. I dont have imageshack. Under his hat.........Im guessing their is nothing their. How do you make things invisible? is it in brawlbox somehow? (sorry 4 all the questions). Anyway If u want you can add on to my texture If u want to make it fit the game, and less crappy. but no taking credit for my texture.

XypherMaverix

Smash Apprentice
Yes, Another Epic Failure. I know.I did think the hat was pretty bad, but other than that, I thought was ok.Sorry, I'm very new at this crap. That's why I'm not the greatest. Sorry about the images too. I dont have imageshack. Under his hat.........Im guessing their is nothing their. How do you make things invisible? is it in brawlbox somehow? (sorry 4 all the questions). Anyway If u want you can add on to my texture If u want to make it fit the game, and less crappy. but no taking credit for my texture.
The hat is basically attatched to the whole of the head, so there isnt much chance of taking it off waluigi. and I'm not so much concerned about the textures in particular since I've already done six and posted them. and imageshack is a website, simply visit

www.imagsehack.us

It's easy to Upload any form of images on there. It's what I used to post my Subspace Icons and CSP's

Waluigiman77

Smash Cadet
ok thx. for now im not making any textures that wouldn't be in brawl. Basically similar to yours, but not exactly the same. how do u make announcer calls and sounds on homebrew? (not riivolution.) is it brstms?

Top Bottom